Status
Not open for further replies.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
I just switched and I think I like it too.

Site seems snappier at times with it. And the area where the New Post links renders better for me as I need to use a larger font for my old eyes.

The only area I'm not too sure of is the area where the bright blue is. It seems harder on my eyes but that could be because of the white font. But I can live with it as long as the rest of the blues don't change - especially in the thread/post areas.

Edit: Maybe OT but I just got a 504 error trying to go to this link http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...358-art-glass-drip-tips-1898.html#post7069190 from my settings page.

Last edited:

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I like the look, but one problem I saw, maybe its something I'm doing- when I search for a thread, it used to have the green arrow showing if you (or I in this case) had posted in it, and you could hover over the gray arrow and it would say how many posts you have made in that thread. It was very useful for finding a thread where I had been talking with someone about a problem, etc. Can I/you still do this?

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
If you are using the new skin, please tell us how the site is working with it. As well as a different layout, various components have been moved around in the code order to make it load more smoothly.

Thanks.

Sorry to relay that I'm still having the same issues as the past few days.....504 time outs. I will note that the timeouts seem to get worse the later in the day it is. This morning was a little better with only a few timeouts. The layout does look nice though.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I like the look, but one problem I saw, maybe its something I'm doing- when I search for a thread, it used to have the green arrow showing if you (or I in this case) had posted in it, and you could hover over the gray arrow and it would say how many posts you have made in that thread. It was very useful for finding a thread where I had been talking with someone about a problem, etc. Can I/you still do this?

I'm still able to do that. You can't?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I like the new header

...but the advanced search ( Advanced Search - E-Cigarette Forum ) quick link that is in the upper right corner of the VB main skin isn't in the new header skin. I may be the only person who uses it, but that's what i use to find member's first posts for new vet welcome threads. :)

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I'm still able to do that. You can't?

No, it looks more like a google search result or something, instead of the envelope icon along the left side its the new ecf logo.... looks cool but now I don't know which thread I want, I used to find the green arrow on the envelope showing I have posts there, and then hover on the little grey arrow and see 'You have 36 posts in this thread', and I would know that is the one I'm looking for. I forgot to bookmark it.... and keep forgetting, now I can't find it! lol

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi dDubs - the main search bar is indeed a google custom search bar. The reason for this is that we want to return search results from across the site, including the new Infozone (which we will soon be adding to) and the reviews section (again, yet to be added to), plus other areas that we are planning - this is simply not possible with the forum search.

However, the advanced search button will take you to the forum search as per before. We will eventually have the actual search field dropping down when you hover over the advanced search button, to make it quicker and easier. Will probably rename it 'Forum Search' or some such.

SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread