Nickel builds and Amp limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_man_c32

May 27, 2015
Hi guys I just want some clarification I use Samsung 25R batteries in my IPV 3 Li, and I just want some clarification since it is running in series I only get that 25 A out of the batteries but my nickel builds tend to be below .1 since I like dual nickel builds, and because I am putting out in Joules, with that low of a build at reasonable power I just want to know if it's safe to vape on those batteries at say .08-.06 Ni200 build, the mod fires down to .05 in TC mode, but I am concerned about safety.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It is perfectly safe for the batteries. You are setting the power (watts/joules) which the mod maintains irrelevant of atty resistance so resistance has no influence on battery current draw unlike how it works with mechanical mods. If you're in the resistance range the mod can handle you're good :thumb:

OTOH, the specs for that mod ask for 30A batteries and the Samsung 25R are rated 20A. I have a Sigelei 150 watt and use 25R's in it too, but I never go over about 60 watts. I consider the 25R's good to 100 watts max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread