Status
Not open for further replies.

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States
I'm 1-2, and I had a win on my bench for both my losses. I hate this game. LMAO

Lol...it's sad, my bench has scored 68, 56, 55. I wonder what this league would look like with 1 or 2 bench slots instead of 5. Waiver wire battles....woo hoo!!

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
Pretty interesting:

e8e24a8f68e1d7c3456d96277644e264.png

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
What league rules were updated once the league has already started?? No mention of that.
Edit...just read your reasoning Tony on the ESPN message board. Bull.... and you shouldn't be surprised if I take your sudden rule change a bit personal.

Last edited:

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
Can't we all just get along? Make the trades fair, and they won't get vetoed. I'll tell ya straight up that I voted to veto it. For the same reason I declined your offer of Ware for Olsen. Anyone who watches football can understand where I'm coming from. You have a killer team man, offer someone of similar value when making trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Can't we all just get along? Make the trades fair, and they won't get vetoed. I'll tell ya straight up that I voted to veto it. For the same reason I declined your offer of Ware for Olsen. Anyone who watches football can understand where I'm coming from. You have a killer team man, offer someone of similar value when making trades.

Your serious? You vetoed my trade because you didn't like the trade I offered you and because I have a "killer" team? I'm just trying to get a better TE than what I have. I apologize for shopping one of my starting RB's. So sorry for DRAFTING a good team. I guess I should just be happy with what I have and not try to better it. That's the way life is. I get it.

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
Your serious? You vetoed my trade because you didn't like the trade I offered you and because I have a "killer" team? I'm just trying to get a better TE than what I have. I apologize for shopping one of my starting RB's. So sorry for DRAFTING a good team. I guess I should just be happy with what I have and not try to better it. That's the way life is. I get it.

No I vetoed your trade cuz it was ..... And I understand you're trying to get better at TE. But a borderline RB2 who's about to lose the starting gig, for a TE1. Doesn't add up brother. Stop trying to screw people and you trades won't get vetoed. Maybe you keep up with the game like I do, maybe you don't. But I can promise you that your trade isn't fair. And when you make unfair trades, it leaves a lot to the imagination as to what's under the table. You wanna get better at TE, then come off some of your actual talent. H3ll I told you I'd trade you Olsen for Elliott. Didn't take me up there did ya? Found out I wasn't the one to be taking advantage of? Play the game. Quit whining. Believe me we don't wanna hear it.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
No I vetoed your trade cuz it was ..... And I understand you're trying to get better at TE. But a borderline RB2 who's about to lose the starting gig, for a TE1. Doesn't add up brother. Stop trying to screw people and you trades won't get vetoed. Maybe you keep up with the game like I do, maybe you don't. But I can promise you that your trade isn't fair. And when you make unfair trades, it leaves a lot to the imagination as to what's under the table. You wanna get better at TE, then come off some of your actual talent. H3ll I told you I'd trade you Olsen for Elliott. Didn't take me up there did ya? Found out I wasn't the one to be taking advantage of? Play the game. Quit whining. Believe me we don't wanna hear it.

So if I make a trade TWICE with someone and you use your almighty veto power to nix it, it's because I'm trying to screw someone. That's cool. I figured a low RB1/high RB2 was good enough for a mid TE1 who is having a down year so far.

I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone and I resent you saying so. Come off your high horse and stop worrying about what other people are doing with their teams. Manage your own team the best you know how. Stop policing what other people do with their squads.

One more thing, if you offered my Olson for Elliot I would take it at this point. More than likely, when you offered the trade, I didn't need a TE because old man Gates wasn't hurt yet.

Also, I'm not your brother.

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
So if I make a trade TWICE with someone and you use your almighty veto power to nix it, it's because I'm trying to screw someone. That's cool. I figured a low RB1/high RB2 was good enough for a mid TE1 who is having a down year so far.

I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone and I resent you saying so. Come off your high horse and stop worrying about what other people are doing with their teams. Manage your own team the best you know how. Stop policing what other people do with their squads.

One more thing, if you offered my Olson for Elliot I would take it at this point. More than likely, when you offered the trade, I didn't need a TE because old man Gates wasn't hurt yet.

Also, I'm not your brother.

We'll make it personal then. However you wanna go with it man. Not my brother? That's fine. I don't have the time or energy to argue back and forth about FANTASY football. Stop trying to screw people. Period. Not everyone is as dumb as you're trying to make them seem. Some of us do know a thing or two about the NFL. Another thing, it takes 3 to veto, as you're well aware of. There's at least 2 other people in this league who are thinking the same things I'm saying. So me on a high horse? lol riiight. I call things like I see them. Sorry you're offended by the truth. If you didn't have even the slightest bit of shame for offering such BS trades, you wouldn't so mad about being called out.

Also, have a nice day. Brother.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
We'll make it personal then. However you wanna go with it man. Not my brother? That's fine. I don't have the time or energy to argue back and forth about FANTASY football. Stop trying to screw people. Period. Not everyone is as dumb as you're trying to make them seem. Some of us do know a thing or two about the NFL. Another thing, it takes 3 to veto, as you're well aware of. There's at least 2 other people in this league who are thinking the same things I'm saying. So me on a high horse? lol riiight. I call things like I see them. Sorry you're offended by the truth. If you didn't have even the slightest bit of shame for offering such BS trades, you wouldn't so mad about being called out.

Also, have a nice day. Brother.

Your right. In the end it's just FANTASY football. Not sure why I get so worked up about these things. I guess I'm just competitive in nature and like to try and put the best team together that I can every season.

Maybe you should talk to the other manager and see why he keeps accepting my trade? I don't know him from Adam and when he accepted my trade I worried a bit about my RB depth and the health of Jordan Reed. So, I wasn't just trying to screw someone. RB's are obviously the premium in this league and so giving one away isn't that easy. Also, Jamal Charles is no lock to come back and be his old self. I guess time will tell on that one.

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
Your right. In the end it's just FANTASY football. Not sure why I get so worked up about these things. I guess I'm just competitive in nature and like to try and put the best team together that I can every season.

Maybe you should talk to the other manager and see why he keeps accepting my trade? I don't know him from Adam and when he accepted my trade I worried a bit about my RB depth and the health of Jordan Reed. So, I wasn't just trying to screw someone. RB's are obviously the premium in this league and so giving one away isn't that easy. Also, Jamal Charles is no lock to come back and be his old self. I guess time will tell on that one.

It's cool man, I'm not trying to be a complete @$$. I'm competitive too, and maybe that's why I keep up with the game as much I do. We could go back and forth forever about it all. But we're here to have fun. Good luck to you this season.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
It's cool man, I'm not trying to be a complete @$$. I'm competitive too, and maybe that's why I keep up with the game as much I do. We could go back and forth forever about it all. But we're here to have fun. Good luck to you this season.

It's all good. Sorry for getting all hot under the collar over complete BS. I just need a damn TE!! Haha.

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States
Then you pick up Pitta two hours later. Whatever
Took Pitta because Ebron is still hurt and likely won't play and for no other reason than that.

Nothing was supposed to be personal I reduced it one person. 4 needed was just fine when we had 14-18 teams but this year we have 10. Heh, I started to reduce it to 2 but figured that was too low.

I'd pretty much guarantee every trade that has been vetoed in this League has been so out of balance that it was basically a no-brainer to the other managers.

I'm sorry I upset you, it wasn't intentional. I never even thought about the trade settings until one came up and realized we had never changed them from the original numbers 2 years ago. I should have waited to change it until your trade was vetoed, I'll own that, so I do apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread