Nicoticket Creme Brulee and CLS steep times questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    So, Ive got in some Creme Brulee and Custards Last Stand from NicoTicket. I got them fast, 2 days old when they arrived.

I let them sit with the caps off till day 4, then tried both. Btw, they smelled pretty good.

-No flavor other than a little non descript sweetness..ish. Really nothing but PG/VG

Back to cap off steeping, shaking,and even giving them a little warmth by sitting them on top of my PC for a little bit now and then.

Today is day 9. The smell of creme brulee is getting there, and CLS is less descript. I can sense hints of vanilla in both though.

-Again, NO flavor. Tried cartos and RDAs. There is this sort of sweet, almost hints of fruit, basically nothing, taste to them but nothing like they should taste. Its weird, they're not bad, they're just.. nothing.

how long do you guys let these juices steep before you vape them?

SharonMM

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 22, 2013
    Lakeville, MN
    Wow I'm surprised to read this.. I, and most others who have tried it, thought it was fantastic out of the mail. CLS tastes a more "neutral" than creme brulee, but they both use the same, housebrewed vanilla bean steep that I feel makes all the difference, and set it apart from other vanillas I have tried. Maybe a case of vapor tounge? Unfortunately, I don't think there's a lot of change with steeping.. mines about 6 weeks old.

Bryan lord

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 18, 2013
    Ct
    www.blendsbybryce.com
    Sounds like maybe the op has vapors tongue? How long were you a smoker? Sometimes the years of abuse take their toll on the old taste buds.

So far all the reviews of CLS and CB have been great. Stick with it, maybe come by our NT thread in the suppliers forum and chat with some of us.

Vape on!

-Lord

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 13, 2013
    Central Oregon
    No steeping required on CLS. From the Nicoticket site: *PG/VG Ratio = 50/50

*No steep required - bust it out of the mailbox and load it up - peaks at 10-14 days steep time when it turns an amber brown color.

I have a bottle that is over a month old and it really hasn't changed much since I received it. LOTS of flavor. So much so that I only use it occasionally.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    If you're sure you're not experiencing vaper's tongue, I'd shoot Clark a PM. For me, CLS and CB are flavorful and ready to vape right out of the mailbox, and only improve over time. I've placed several orders with Nicoticket and his strong point for me has been consistency - the juice has had the same flavor, consistency and quality every time. Definitely something amiss here.

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2013
    Tacoma, WA, USA
    If you're sure you're not experiencing vaper's tongue, I'd shoot Clark a PM. For me, CLS and CB are flavorful and ready to vape right out of the mailbox, and only improve over time. I've placed several orders with Nicoticket and his strong point for me has been consistency - the juice has had the same flavor, consistency and quality every time. Definitely something amiss here.

I agree, contact Clark. I have exceedingly dulled tastebuds (hence my expensive quest for liquids I can actually taste) and CLS and CB are two that I can actually taste vape after vape.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Wouldnt you know it, not ten minutes after posting this thread, I get a call from the owner of Nicoticket, directly to my cell. He was concerned that I wasn't getting the right flavor and wanted to do EVERYTHING he could to make it right for me. Including offering to change the formula to tailor MY tastes.. I mean, I was blown away.

He gave me a couple things to try and some suggestions about the juice.

I will say, the smell is where it should be. It smells like creme brulee and vanilla sweet custard. When I vape the Creme Brulee, it tastes like a slightly muted vanilla, but more like the floral aspect of the vanilla. not creamy, certainly not overpowering flavor.

I hadnt considered vapors tougue because Im vaping other stuff at the moment, and everything is tasting right except for one particular juice which is known to go blank on me periodically. But yeah otherwise, Im tasting juices correctly. But, hey, I DO vape alot so maybe there is a case of VT with these juices. He also suggested it was a possibility that the flavor was too intense and was just blowing out my pallate. Never know.

These are two juices I really want to like, and the level of customer service is out-....ing-standing, so Im all for trying whatever to make the flavors and me work together. Im waiting on a package from them to test out one of his suggestions and I will report back.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    AZ

Wouldnt you know it, not ten minutes after posting this thread, I get a call from the owner of Nicoticket, directly to my cell. He was concerned that I wasn't getting the right flavor and wanted to do EVERYTHING he could to make it right for me. Including offering to change the formula to tailor MY tastes.. I mean, I was blown away...
    I have to say I'm not surprised, Clark's customer service is the best in the business. He goes way above and beyond to make things right.

His vanilla flavoring is different than many others because he steeps it himself from vanilla beans - no pre-made vanilla concentrates. I've never found any of his juices to be lacking in flavor, but the one thing I DO notice is that they're not overpoweringly sweet. Some juices I've tried give you the flavor along with what tastes like a mouthful of sweetener - Nicoticket's taste more genuine, without that sickening sweetness.

ckim111

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 2, 2009
    Sorry if the OP already has this issue resolved. But I wanted to chime in here because I had the same exact issue.

Here is what I did.

I let it steep for a good 2 weeks. And I also used kanger mini protank 2 to vape and the flavor blew my mind. So much so that I actually ordered another 3 bottles!! With that said, the device you use will also make a huge difference. I still get slightly muted flavors from other clearomizers like evod, kanger t3s. The only one that gives me the best flavor is the kanger mini protank 2 at 3.8v. Give it a try :)

Wouldnt you know it, not ten minutes after posting this thread, I get a call from the owner of Nicoticket, directly to my cell. He was concerned that I wasn't getting the right flavor and wanted to do EVERYTHING he could to make it right for me. Including offering to change the formula to tailor MY tastes.. I mean, I was blown away.

He gave me a couple things to try and some suggestions about the juice.

I will say, the smell is where it should be. It smells like creme brulee and vanilla sweet custard. When I vape the Creme Brulee, it tastes like a slightly muted vanilla, but more like the floral aspect of the vanilla. not creamy, certainly not overpowering flavor.

I hadnt considered vapors tougue because Im vaping other stuff at the moment, and everything is tasting right except for one particular juice which is known to go blank on me periodically. But yeah otherwise, Im tasting juices correctly. But, hey, I DO vape alot so maybe there is a case of VT with these juices. He also suggested it was a possibility that the flavor was too intense and was just blowing out my pallate. Never know.

These are two juices I really want to like, and the level of customer service is out-....ing-standing, so Im all for trying whatever to make the flavors and me work together. Im waiting on a package from them to test out one of his suggestions and I will report back.

dan1boy

Moved On
    Dec 23, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Clark CALLED you?

Damn people, if you don't go out and patronize exemplary service like that for a measly $20 order, you have to be quite literally out of your mind. He's such a good guy. He and Rich of Gremlin Juice. I can't say enough great things about these small business owners.

They're inspiring. We need more like them. Period.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2013
    DC Metro Area
    One more opinion. The above poster might have a point. I first tried the CLS FOOB in a protank mini. It was huge clouds of the most realistic warm fresh out of the oven vanilla custard. Huge vapor, huge flavor. I vape it at 4v on an MVP2 in the protank and it's magic. Hope you can resolve this, it is truly one of the most exceptional vapes I've tried.

Tiktik

ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2013
    Pullman, WA
    My cb, h1n1 and the grandma cinnamon ones are just not good.. Not tasty I don't know why I got it last week.. My setup is svd and rebuildable coil head 2.2 ohms protank2. I am quite disappointed on h1n1 and cb. I previously talked to Clark on Facebook I was excited, it turned out it just didn't taste like cb, h1n1 just taste like whole bunch of juices mixed together that didn't really taste that well. Grandma cinnamon is plain.
    Don't get me wrong betleguese is great, which I didn't expect I would like it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2013
    PA, USA
    So, Ive got in some Creme Brulee and Custards Last Stand from NicoTicket. I got them fast, 2 days old when they arrived.

I let them sit with the caps off till day 4, then tried both. Btw, they smelled pretty good.

-No flavor other than a little non descript sweetness..ish. Really nothing but PG/VG

Back to cap off steeping, shaking,and even giving them a little warmth by sitting them on top of my PC for a little bit now and then.

Today is day 9. The smell of creme brulee is getting there, and CLS is less descript. I can sense hints of vanilla in both though.

-Again, NO flavor. Tried cartos and RDAs. There is this sort of sweet, almost hints of fruit, basically nothing, taste to them but nothing like they should taste. Its weird, they're not bad, they're just.. nothing.

how long do you guys let these juices steep before you vape them?

I had the cap off both the 1st 24 hours. Then-cap back on and shaking the HECK out of it once or twice daily for 7 days(I continue to shake ALL my stuff daily whether I'm using it or not). It tasted great for me. Now-at 19 days it's even YUMMIER! I find that every day improves the flavor. Especially with CLS. CB was great after 4-7 days by MY taste buds! Hope this helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread