Nicotine all brands these days taste same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Sedona, AZ
www.leslivresthebooks.com
I tried 5 brands of nic recently, to see which I should stock up on.

All were mixed unflavored.

All 100mg.. got small bottles, 120ml or so of each, all VG and the mix is all VG, with a touch of water to thin... batches were 24mg nic.

All were vaped on the same type clearo, same battery style, at 1.6 ohm

Vapers tek Throat hit (currently not available, but I still have 2 liters from back when it was on sale for next to nothing)

Vapers tek Chemnovatic

Nic River, Pure and Chemnovatic (also now unavailable)

Nude nic (kinda expensive)

and Liquid nicotine wholesalers

I swear they all taste pretty much the same to me.

I never have played with flavors, do the flavors make a difference in nic taste? or is it just me that doesn't detect any noticeable difference in these more "modern" nicotine bases?

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: *RJ* and Izan

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Being almost 100% VG, the mixes would probably taste the same, with all the variables being the same in the 100 mg/ml bases. The VG probably overpowers the small taste differences of the nicotine base. I've only used one brand of base in my ~5 years of DIYing, and only tried small quantities of one or two others. So my thoughts should be taken with a grain of salt. No pun intended there.. :)

Reactions: Esoterica3

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've ordered from 2 or 3 vendors over the years and they all taste similar to me. At my 3mg/ml nic strength the nic is a small part of the mix, so it doesn't flavor the end product that much. Back when I was vaping 24mg juice I don't remember noticing anything other than increased throat hit. Of course, I've never mixed up any 0 nic juice to compare.

Reactions: Esoterica3

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain

All were mixed unflavored.

All 100mg.. got small bottles, 120ml or so of each, all VG and the mix is all VG, with a touch of water to thin... batches were 24mg nic.

All were vaped on the same type clearo, same battery style, at 1.6 ohm

Vapers tek Throat hit (currently not available, but I still have 2 liters from back when it was on sale for next to nothing)

Vapers tek Chemnovatic

Nic River, Pure and Chemnovatic (also now unavailable)

Nude nic (kinda expensive)

and Liquid nicotine wholesalers

I swear they all taste pretty much the same to me.

I never have played with flavors, do the flavors make a difference in nic taste? or is it just me that doesn't detect any noticeable difference in these more "modern" nicotine bases?

Agreed,
    If I switch brands, I notice a subtle difference for a few days and then it just tastes "normal" again.

Cheers
    I

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Chemnovatic, CNT and Nude Nicotine are consistently rated as the best nic bases. I buy NN because they are the only vendor who offers long-term packaging--amber glass, sealed with argon gas--so no rebottling and sealing necessary. You pay more for the convenience, but it's worth it to me.

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2011
    Sedona, AZ
    I had forgotten about Heartland, just ordered 120mls of their

Nicotine Solution - 100mg (120ml)

CNT (Contraf-Nicotex-Tobacco) Nicotine - 100mg (120ml)

Ultra Premium Nicotine - 100mg (120ml)

they were out of the select...

The cost on the Nic solution is similar to the Nic Wholesalers. We see if it similar.

So far, leaning towards the cheaper (if taste is the same), which so far is VT on sale, or LNW.

But heartlands prices pretty good too!

I'm more worried about the new "Tax" bill I keep hearing about, than the law in Sept.

Would hate to not have enough nic and have a small amount cost in the hundreds or more due to tax :(

You'd think they would have better things to do than to terrorize ex-smokers :(

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I'm using pur nic from river supply. I got another liter but mistakenly got it VG instead of PG. And I've only used what river has to offer so I don't have a taste comparison. I've used their salt nic and freebase both. At my preferred strength of 6mg, I could never tell a difference even between those two. To me, nicotine is nicotine.

• Agree
    Reactions: dennism

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2011
    Sedona, AZ
    Agreed.

Tested the 3 from Heartland, again, all pretty much the same except the price.

I think the house nic from Heartland and Nic river "May" have a tiny bit more throat hit.. but could also be that i managed to get a bit more nic into those. Just made small 15 ml batches with a syringe, and may not have been overly careful lol.

Since Heartland had the lowest cost, I ordered a liter of the CMT and their house nic to add to my collection.

I will have to re-visit wizards.. been awhile since I had theirs, though think I may still have some in the freezer.

Shame about Vapers tek going OOB :(

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I can tell you one thing about the CNT at heartland. I never bought it as a base, but they started using it in their ejuice. I get peppermint ejuice so it's a clear juice. When they used the house brand it would come slightly yellow then gets darker with time. In fact, you could notice it getting darker within 2 weeks.

But now that they use the CNT nic, it comes clear as crystal and over 3 months it has not gotten yellow at all. it's actually amazing and perplexing at the same time because I store it on my desk where it's constantly exposed to light.

Reactions: 10x sugar
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread