Nicotine and HPV / genital warts / cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
I had these damn things for several weeks, until I found a clue that there is a correlation between nicotine use and persistent genital warts / cervical cancer. Only very recently have researchers been studying nicotine in the absence of tobacco smoke and in this case evidence point to the nicotine, not the other toxins in the cigarette. In my case I quit all nicotine cold turkey (which was only vaping) just four days ago, and already the little .......s are gone. Obviously this is just an anecdote with no controls whatsoever - for all I know it might have been the fall weather.

The only reason I mention this, besides it being possibly helpful to anyone with HPV, is I think there are a lot of people here who think e-cigs are generally safe, but I'm afraid we will find out that is not the case. It's hard to imagine anything worse than cigarettes, but I don't believe the view that it's as harmless as caffeine.

I can't be bothered to give specific citations for the above but just google "nicotine HPV" as a starting point. Here is at least one serious experiment: Effect of nicotine on proliferation of normal, mal... [Gynecol Oncol. 1994] - PubMed result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread