Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
To Mikecup:

IMO:

COD - usually means collect on delivery with a money order or cashiers check.

This probably means that the Supplier has not set up a credit card system for payment.
The Supplier set up COD terms with shipper so that the customer does not have to wait for supplies, and make sure Supplier is not getting jipped from customer for non payment of items. ???

Again IMO.

Correct on definition. C.O.D is so 70's I am suprised this supplier even has a web site. I don't know about anyone else but it is bad enough waiting (hoping) UPS/USPS makes it to the mailbox (and watching tracking numbers daily) for my goodies, that I would hate to have to msit there with a check in hand hoping they show up.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
So you think xtremevaping has a good quality non flavored nic juice. I have tried healthcabin and Chris's nic juice at myfreedomsmokes so far. Some odor from healthcabin (VG based 39mg)w/lid off, no odor from MFS (PG based 30mg), but they both do have an odd taste when vapped plain. Can the higher nic level cause bitter taste?

Don't know Mike and can't really tell. It is the only one I have used and as MWA stated, the cleanest and purest out there. FWIW I order 50mg. It came highly recommended and was priced reasonable, so I didn't go looking elsewhere, nor do I intend to in all honesty.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I just placed a fresh order from Levy yesterday, only man I trust and purchase from, he has the cleanest Nic around and if you have any questions the man is straight up and will answer anything you ever wanted to know about Nic.!!!

I have to agree with you 100% and have no need to look any further for my nic vendor. I strayed once and will never do that again! I like knowing I can trust a vendor to have my safety a priority and he's one of the few that I feel really does.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
I received a 250ml bottle of 48mg VG from Box Elder Chemical Supply.

After drawing a 2ml sample and transferring it to a clear glass vial, I examined it for appearance. It was clear with a faintly yellowish tint.

I sniffed it for odor but really couldn't tell much. There didn't seem to be any solvent smell.

I took a droplet and tasted it. Yep, that's nicotine... I got the familiar peppery burn on the tongue within a few seconds. No actual taste, just the nic sting.

I diluted it to 80% concentration with distilled water, which should have produced a 38mg/ml strength base. I cleaned the primer out of a new EM LR 901 atomizer and put it on an eGo, added the liquid and vaped it to check the taste and effect.

Not much taste to it that I could tell, plenty of vapor as you would expect from VG in an LR atty, moderate throat hit. I dripped and vaped it for about half an hour, by which time I was getting a nic buzz and my ears began ringing slightly (slightly more than usual; I have tinnitus).

I used the remaining small amount of base to make a cinnamon/hazelnut juice which I vaped the next day. No off taste that I could tell.

In conclusion, this particular bottle of unflavored liquid is acceptable to me. It might not be up to the standard of Xtreme Vaping's liquid but it appears to be pure enough and potent enough to serve.

You beat me to it but...

Box Elder Chemical Supply
Ordered 250ml of 100mg PG
Bottle is colored blue plastic chemical supply for UV protection and labels are appropriate for HAZMAT/OSHA purposes.
Coloration is clear with a acceptable tint (slightly yellow) before dillution.
Odor is typical for this level of nicotine which is to say non-existent.

Reduced down to 5mg in 10 ml Solution for this test and mixed with no flavoring. Four drops in a fresh atomizer produced standard vapor at High Voltage (6), High Voltage (5) and Regular Voltage (3.7).

Remaining solution mixed with 1.3ml Flavoring for Perfumer's Apprentice Cinnamon. Solution repels the flavoring until shaken which is standard for this flavoring. After mixture it vaporizes as expected.

I am not able to check for actual purity at nicotine level but I would deem it acceptable for vaping.

Admittedly? Xtreme's liquid seems to be of superior clarity (almost perfectly clear) but for the price you really can't beat Box Elder.

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Box Elder's nic juice is great, and the service is first rate. Don't hesitate to use this supplier.

Do you know how to get in touch with them? I've been e-mailing them at customerservice @ boxelderchemicalsupply .com and not getting a response.

Last edited by a moderator:

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Yes, he's gotten back to me, and has vowed to resolve my issue. He seems quite swamped with all the sales he's been having, so if he comes through as promised all will be forgiven and I'll happily be a repeat customer. The product seems quite good.

He responded to my e-mail to the above address.

Edit: Just to clarify, I had ordered 2x500ml 48mg PG and 2x500ml 48mg VG on his last 1/2 price sale. They mistakenly shipped only 1x of each. His prices are low normally, but at 1/2 price and very reasonable shipping it was a ridiculously good deal. Especially shipped to Canada.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread