Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
As many of you know by now Nicotine river is now selling 4 different brands of nicotine now. I ordered some chemnovatic 48mg’s just because I saw somewhere that someone said it was good. Does anyone by chance have any knowledge about these brands or possibly a resource where nicotine brands are rated or reviewed? I know this is a long shot and most likely the layman couldn’t tell the difference in a blind taste test but I thought it can’t hurt to ask. At the very least this thread can be the start of people giving their judgement to begin to compile data on these brands. So in conclusion who’d you rather?

Reactions: stols001

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I put a COA up in nicotine comparisons for CNT. CNT should be the best followed very closely by Purnic (Nicselect), and Chemnovatic, then Glass and Amerinic. This is on paper anyway, they should all have their own unique traits though. They are all very good especially the first three they all exceed the USP/EU requirements.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I put a COA up in nicotine comparisons for CNT. CNT should be the best followed very closely by Purnic (Nicselect), and Chemnovatic, then Glass and Amerinic. This is on paper anyway, they should all have their own unique traits though. They are all very good especially the first three they all exceed the USP/EU requirements.
I didn’t notice any difference in CNT from the others. What makes CNT the best?

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I didn’t notice any difference in CNT from the others. What makes CNT the best?

In which way no difference? The COA for CNT is far more extensive than the others. CNT is virtually the same NicSelect tobacco from India but the mid to final manufacturing processes are through a highly regarded swiss drug manufacturer, Siegfried AG. CNT was available in the UK a while back and was considered very good quality, well, the best actually from reviews I have seen but who knows.

NicSelect is fully processed in India by Alchem. Chemnovatic in Poland. Chemnovatic don't reveal their source of tobacco as far as I know.

However, they are all great sources for nicotine, I just think CNT will have the edge for me anyway, because I like to know as much as I can before buying nicotine. Everyone will have their favorite. It's great that we have choices like this now unlike 5+ years ago.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
In which way no difference? The COA for CNT is far more extensive than the others. CNT is virtually the same NicSelect tobacco from India but the mid to final manufacturing processes are through a highly regarded swiss drug manufacturer, Siegfried AG. CNT was available in the UK a while back and was considered very good quality, well, the best actually from reviews I have seen but who knows.

NicSelect is fully processed in India by Alchem. Chemnovatic in Poland. Chemnovatic don't reveal their source of tobacco as far as I know.

However, they are all great sources for nicotine, I just think CNT will have the edge for me anyway, because I like to know as much as I can before buying nicotine. Everyone will have their favorite. It's great that we have choices like this now unlike 5+ years ago.
Thanks, I don’t have a favorite nicotine I was just wondering why you considered CNT the best. That way if someone comes to this thread they can have the information to make a decision on which one to buy.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I am using PurNic right now, and just ordered some more.

I am a lazy mixer with limited space, so I use a 12mg, 50/50 base for all my juice.

I have noticed an improvement in the quality over my previous orders from NR, before the changed to the new PurNic.

I’m happy, and I just ordered some more.

anandroidid

Jun 29, 2018
I recently got the 'smooth' salt nic from NR and it is awful. It smells bad and it makes me cough even at tiny amounts. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what. I previously got the samples from Nude nicotine and they were all fine.

What Nicotine level were you vaping at? I'm thinking of doing 12-18 mg/ml.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just a Note:

I got a 250ml Bottle of 100mg/ml 100% PG CNT last week. And have being using it for a couple of days.

It is a Very Clean tasting Nicotine Base.
I got some 50/50 48mg’s CNT and have been vaping it for a couple weeks. I’d have to agree that it’s clean tasting and just what I want out of my base.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have been using the smooth salts from NR (highest mg pg) and it did smell while I was mixing the 9mg base but the smell was gone when I mixed with it 3 days later. Will be testing those mixes next week and will report back if I detect any off notes taste wise. I put the smell down to the concentrated mg. This was the first time I bought salts from NR, and only because LNW didn't send me a coupon for the 4th.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've used the Smooth nic river nic salts for a while now, and I don't find anything super gross about them, but when I went to stock up mode, I just bought a bunch of Heartland's cheapest nic because I wanted it over and done with. I think my throat can probably handle freebase by now, but worst case, I can convert it myself.

I think everyone's so individual with the nic thing, and some folks are just very sensitive to nic tastes and smells, I am not so much, in fact when I've had a few "higher nic" tanks of late to get off the smoking train, well, I LIKED the taste, frankly, to be honest.

So, I can't see a review thread do much else other than sow dissent in some ways, although IDK I guess the information would be useful to some. I'm just happy to see purchase options EXPANDIG not shrinking and etc.

Anna

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread