The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicotine brands from Nic river

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by madstabber, Jul 4, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

As many of you know by now Nicotine river is now selling 4 different brands of nicotine now. I ordered some chemnovatic 48mg’s just because I saw somewhere that someone said it was good. Does anyone by chance have any knowledge about these brands or possibly a resource where nicotine brands are rated or reviewed? I know this is a long shot and most likely the layman couldn’t tell the difference in a blind taste test but I thought it can’t hurt to ask. At the very least this thread can be the start of people giving their judgement to begin to compile data on these brands. So in conclusion who’d you rather?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vapntime

Vapntime Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    I put a COA up in nicotine comparisons for CNT. CNT should be the best followed very closely by Purnic (Nicselect), and Chemnovatic, then Glass and Amerinic. This is on paper anyway, they should all have their own unique traits though. They are all very good especially the first three they all exceed the USP/EU requirements.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    What’s a COA and CNT?

• Like Like x 2
  4. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. madstabber

I didn’t notice any difference in CNT from the others. What makes CNT the best?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vapntime

Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    In which way no difference? The COA for CNT is far more extensive than the others. CNT is virtually the same NicSelect tobacco from India but the mid to final manufacturing processes are through a highly regarded swiss drug manufacturer, Siegfried AG. CNT was available in the UK a while back and was considered very good quality, well, the best actually from reviews I have seen but who knows.

NicSelect is fully processed in India by Alchem. Chemnovatic in Poland. Chemnovatic don't reveal their source of tobacco as far as I know.

However, they are all great sources for nicotine, I just think CNT will have the edge for me anyway, because I like to know as much as I can before buying nicotine. Everyone will have their favorite. It's great that we have choices like this now unlike 5+ years ago.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. madstabber

Thanks, I don’t have a favorite nicotine I was just wondering why you considered CNT the best. That way if someone comes to this thread they can have the information to make a decision on which one to buy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have been using their PurNic exclusively for a while now. It is quite good IMHO and this is what I have stocked up on.

• Like Like x 3
  9. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Just ordered some Pur Nic yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  10. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I am using PurNic right now, and just ordered some more.

I am a lazy mixer with limited space, so I use a 12mg, 50/50 base for all my juice.

I have noticed an improvement in the quality over my previous orders from NR, before the changed to the new PurNic.

I’m happy, and I just ordered some more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. anandroidid

anandroidid Full Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Can anyone comment on the differences between the smooth and throat-hit nic salt lines? Trying to decide which to get, but leaning towards the smooth.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2017
    I recently got the 'smooth' salt nic from NR and it is awful. It smells bad and it makes me cough even at tiny amounts. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what. I previously got the samples from Nude nicotine and they were all fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. anandroidid

anandroidid Full Member

Jun 29, 2018
    What Nicotine level were you vaping at? I'm thinking of doing 12-18 mg/ml.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2017
    I was aiming for 12

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Just a Note:

I got a 250ml Bottle of 100mg/ml 100% PG CNT last week. And have being using it for a couple of days.

It is a Very Clean tasting Nicotine Base.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    There is a thread here but it's old and long and was long before it was old because it turned into an argument.

• Like Like x 2
  17. madstabber

I got some 50/50 48mg’s CNT and have been vaping it for a couple weeks. I’d have to agree that it’s clean tasting and just what I want out of my base.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have been using the smooth salts from NR (highest mg pg) and it did smell while I was mixing the 9mg base but the smell was gone when I mixed with it 3 days later. Will be testing those mixes next week and will report back if I detect any off notes taste wise. I put the smell down to the concentrated mg. This was the first time I bought salts from NR, and only because LNW didn't send me a coupon for the 4th.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vapntime

Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Great news about CNT, I will be ordering next week.

This is the thread Nicotine Comparisons

Happy to stay here now though considering NicRiver have nearly all the nicotine brands.

• Like Like x 3
  20. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I've used the Smooth nic river nic salts for a while now, and I don't find anything super gross about them, but when I went to stock up mode, I just bought a bunch of Heartland's cheapest nic because I wanted it over and done with. I think my throat can probably handle freebase by now, but worst case, I can convert it myself.

I think everyone's so individual with the nic thing, and some folks are just very sensitive to nic tastes and smells, I am not so much, in fact when I've had a few "higher nic" tanks of late to get off the smoking train, well, I LIKED the taste, frankly, to be honest.

So, I can't see a review thread do much else other than sow dissent in some ways, although IDK I guess the information would be useful to some. I'm just happy to see purchase options EXPANDIG not shrinking and etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 1