Nicotine brands from Nic river

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Hmm, well me sending it to the right freight forwarder would of been a good start. Well that didn't happen, insert lols. Only a few will ship Nic. Should be on its way tomorrow to another US address. Nothing like using a US freight forwarder to Australia to forward to a US address...:thumbs: only myself to blame. Please, don't oxidize please :cry:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
.........happy until very recently when I upped my nicotine for mtl vaping. I usually dl at 4.5 and made a 15mg bottle and it taste peppery. Usually the nic is smooth and I can taste my flavors but maybe I just don't know how to mix at this percentage.

So you went from 4.5mg with DL...to 15mg for MTL? That's a big jump to make all at once, IMO. It's more than 3 times as much. There will be a definite difference in how your eliquid will taste then. Maybe try making a 10-15mL sample batch at 8mg, to see how that tastes and satisfies you with MTL. If that doesn't "do it" for you, after giving it a fair try, maybe try making 10-15mL at 10mg nic.

Are you using an eliquid calculator? If you are and you're inputting the correct info into it...the resulting recipe will show you exactly how much you need of each ingredient. You may have done that all right with the 15mg batch, but since the jump in nic mg was so big...it made the big difference in the taste.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
So you went from 4.5mg with DL...to 15mg for MTL? That's a big jump to make all at once, IMO. It's more than 3 times as much. There will be a definite difference in how your eliquid will taste then. Maybe try making a 10-15mL sample batch at 8mg, to see how that tastes and satisfies you with MTL. If that doesn't "do it" for you, after giving it a fair try, maybe try making 10-15mL at 10mg nic.

Are you using an eliquid calculator? If you are and you're inputting the correct info into it...the resulting recipe will show you exactly how much you need of each ingredient. You may have done that all right with the 15mg batch, but since the jump in nic mg was so big...it made the big difference in the taste.
Yes I use a calculator. I'm using the 15mg very sparingly but probably will cut it down. Me and my girlfriend are still on the first tank from two days ago that we are sharing, we both just take a puff or two when we are craving a cigarette as we both still have an occasional cigarette and want to stop. So that's the reason behind the insanity.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I've only had PurNic and been quite happy until very recently when I upped my nicotine for mtl vaping. I usually dl at 4.5 and made a 15mg bottle and it taste peppery. Usually the nic is smooth and I can taste my flavors but maybe I just don't know how to mix at this percentage.
I have heard of some higher nic users, needing to bump flavor concentrate percentages, to compensate for the extra nic. Some e-liquid calculators offer the ability to adjust the total flavor percentage. This makes keeping the ratios uniform. This is what mine looks like (from Juice Calculator):
upload_2018-8-28_20-7-41.png

That said, I did something simalarly, a few months ago, and did not detect a significant increase in pepperiness. So, have not had to fiddle with flavor percentages.
Yes I use a calculator. I'm using the 15mg very sparingly but probably will cut it down. Me and my girlfriend are still on the first tank from two days ago that we are sharing, we both just take a puff or two when we are craving a cigarette as we both still have an occasional cigarette and want to stop. So that's the reason behind the insanity.
A few months ago, I made the change from DTL, to MTL, and upped my nic from 6mg/mL to 18mg/mL. My goal was to reduce the amount of e-liquid I was using every day. I can only speak for myself; but it worked/is working. Now, instead of vaping 12 to 15mL a day; I am only vaping 2-3 mL a day. My nic habit remains satisfied; and I no longer have a mod glued to my hand throughout the day.

If it works for you... then, great! Stick with it. If it seems over the top, and/or unpleasant; then try what JC has suggested, and try reducing the nic somewhat. Find the balance that works best for the two of you.:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Does anyone know if Nicotine River is doing a Labor Day Sale?

If so, Coupon Code?
They usually release the code at last minute and many times do a one day only sale. Watch on fb, sometimes they will post there before sending out the newsletter.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They usually release the code at last minute and many times do a one day only sale. Watch on fb, sometimes they will post there before sending out the newsletter.

Gotcha.

No FB here. So if you happen to hear anything, Please post it here.

I'll do the same.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I must not have. Because I Can't remember ever getting a Newsletter.

But I get a Lot of e-Mails. So maybe I just Deleted it/them?
They don't send out many notifications, worth subscribing. The won't blow up your email.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
They may be in your promotions or even spam folder. I checked mine recently and was shocked at all the Russian ladies who wanted to "meet" or even "marry me."

There were times I thought a "second wife" would come in handy (more for chore purposes than anything else) but these days it is truly unnecessary.

But yeah, my email really likes separating out my emails.

Anna

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Hmm, well me sending it to the right freight forwarder would of been a good start. Well that didn't happen, insert lols. Only a few will ship Nic. Should be on its way tomorrow to another US address. Nothing like using a US freight forwarder to Australia to forward to a US address...:thumbs: only myself to blame. Please, don't oxidize please :cry:

Yea just got it..........:tumble: Ordered August 16. Its in the freezer finally, before its re-bottled. Well it had a nice trip around the US (I would of liked to be there too). Don't go worrying me now, I had a nude nicotine order a few years ago go around the world and then when it got to Australia it was sent back to the US. I eventually got it. No oxidization.

Please refrain from complaining about the transit/delivery times in the US for nicotine :danger:
Will review in the Nicotine comparisons thread in a day or two. Its all a bit of :censored::censored::censored::lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I was just looking at the Nic River site and the CNT Nic is gone, the page cannot be found and I can't find any reference to it.

I just bought a liter of freebase and nic salts a couple of weeks ago and they had available 3mg through 250mg. Now they are limited to 3mg, 48, 100 and up. Nothing in between 3 mg and 48 mg????

Also got a news letter date Oct 17 that says they are moving.....again. I thought they just moved in Aug/Sept time frame?

Anyone know what is going on with them? Not liking how this looks.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
They just sent multiple emails on the same subject.
They must send in batches then cause I got nothing and I am on the mailing list. Guess mine will come later.

Last one I got was on OCT 17 that they were moving. Ok, I get that. What I want to know is what happened to CNT nic. Plus why no longer the choice in nic strength beyond 3, 48, 100 or above.

:)

• Informative
Reactions: Vapntime

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Yea CNT is gone? I'm sorry to say NicRiver were not very helpful for me. I had sent a few emails over the last 6 months about shipping, reviews etc only ever got one, one word reply - NO, about DHL shipping. Also, they have obviously had a spat with their original NicSelect supplier and moved on to PurNic, which is NicSelect from a different supplier lol.

The CNT nic i got was pink but it did have to travel via road to the other side of the US so yeah, still, the only oxidized nic I have ever received from any company at all to do with vaping. I will be sticking with Liquid Barn who have never put a foot wrong for myself and friends who buy nic there. They sell CNT nic wholesale only but they may start retail in the future they said.

Moreover, I was warned by a fellow Aussie nic buyer about NicRiver saying that they didn't have much care/time for International orders, probably should have listened. Sorry @stylemessiah

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yea CNT is gone? I'm sorry to say NicRiver were not very helpful for me. I had sent a few emails over the last 6 months about shipping, reviews etc only ever got one, one word reply - NO, about DHL shipping. Also, they have obviously had a spat with their original NicSelect supplier and moved on to PurNic, which is NicSelect from a different supplier lol.

The CNT nic i got was pink but it did have to travel via road to the other side of the US so yeah, still, the only oxidized nic I have ever received from any company at all to do with vaping. I will be sticking with Liquid Barn who have never put a foot wrong for myself and friends who buy nic there. They sell CNT nic wholesale only but they may start retail in the future they said.

Moreover, I was warned by a fellow Aussie nic buyer about NicRiver saying that they didn't have much care/time for International orders, probably should have listened. Sorry @stylemessiah
Is Liquid Barn's nic clear and no taste or smell?

:)

Reactions: Vapntime
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread