The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicotine brands from Nic river

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by madstabber, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Chris863

Chris863 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2015
    Florida

I really TFA Cantaloupe, TFA Watermelon, TFA Watermelon Candy, TFA Mango... I really enjoy melon flavors. In the past I liked the FA Red Touch Strawberry although TFA makes a few good ones like TFA Strawberry Ripe but I enjoyed the FA version better.

I really only vape on fruit flavors and I know I should expand my horizons more but most fruits are shakenvape which is more convenient...

Tbh I really don’t need anymore flavors back in March of 2018 I bought a bunch of flavorings from bull city and I still got quite a bit left...

Another option to get over 50 dollars total is to buy the 250mg Pur Nic Smooth Nic Salts... it starts at 500ml though and I normally buy 120ml at a time which gets me by 9 months or so.

Is it true that with the 250mg Nic salt your juices taste better since you are using way less total Nic salt in your final mixes? The 250mg Nic Salt may be a good investment. Will Nic Salts keep alright though for 5 or 6 years? In the freezer was going to divide it into 120ml glass Boston round bottles if I go that route.

Thanks for any guidance here I’m a bit torn on what to get...

Option 1: 100 mg Nic Salts, and about 30 to 40 dollars worth of flavoring

Option 2: 250 mg Nic Salts, and just use up flavoring I already have (about 10 unopened bottles from Bull City, that are about 9 months old that I’d like to use before they get too old)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Not at all. All that matters is the final concentration. 6mg is 6mg regardless of what you started with. The difference is that since you are using less ml of the 250mg to get to your target mg it will last more than twice as long (assuming you start with the same total ml). Which brings me to the next point, you WILL want to break it down into smaller bottles and freeze it so it keeps longer. Just leave out what you need to make a couple of months worth of your target juice. If 120ml of 100mg lasts you 9 months, then 500ml of 250mg should last about 7 years, 9 months.

• Like Like x 2
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Ya know when you go into a Convenience Store that has one of those Soda Machines with like a Dozen Flavors. And there is some Kid putting a Dash of this and a Tad of that in his drink. I was that Kid.

Just about Every one of my Fruit recipes is a Pairing of at least 2 (or More) Flavors. And Many of them include either Pineapple or Strawberry.

Pear is another one that I have used a Lot. Not very good (to me) as a Standalone. But a Great Flavor to mix with. Pear/Cantaloupe is Very Tasty.

---

I'm Not a Big Fan of recommending 250mg/ml Nicotine Base. It's just a Too Much Nicotine in Too Small of a Volume.

If you decide to go that Route, be Very Careful when handling it. Gloves and Eye Protection being a Must.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hoggy

Hoggy Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    WI, USA
    Although, I have the 250mg Pur nic salt - and there is barely any kind of smell at all.
    And Nic in VG in the freezer has been said to last indefinitely. Just be sure to get phenolic polycone caps for those Boston Round bottles. I also transfer all my flavors to those bottles, so they may also possibly last almost indefinitely (judging by my ongoing observations).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I use the 250 salts myself. Personally I love my fruits but I do keep some flavors I can add to fruit to change it up some. I would get the 250 and maybe 3 non fruit flavors to use with the fruits. Just a note...if you don’t have Flavorah wild melons it's worth the money.

• Like Like x 2
  6. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Just an Update:

I got my Chemnovatic (100mg/ml 100% PG) and for the last Week or so I have been running it Side-by-Side against CNT.

Both are Very Clean Tasting. Almost Tasteless. And Both, at Diluted 9mg/ml Concentration, are Colourless.

There are times when I think the CNT might be an Angel's Breath better. But most of the time I can't tell much of a Difference between the two.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The only time I really see greater than 100mg/ml being necessary would be in an imminent total ban scenario and you need to stock up a lifetime supply in a limited space. The higher concentrations allow for this. Otherwise, I totally agree.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Agreed.

This is where you start getting into ventilation hoods, protective clothes, eyewear, etc.. Not recommended.

Why go there if you don’t have to?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I mix with 250mg and gloves, hoods, and ventilation aren't needed. Have spilled a drop or two on my skin and noticed no escalated reactions. Vastly lowered my pg in juices, saves me a lot of freezer space, and goes much further.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't think the quantities mentioned are dangerous either, although if I were breaking some out I'd probably split it 50/50 an refreeze the rest, because I am a klutz. But no, it's not like pure nicotine really, etc.

Freezer space: it matters. The husband is not going to let me buy another chest freezer right at the moment. Etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  11. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I'm thinking about doing Another order from Nicotine River.

Does anyone know if there is a current Coupon of Discount Code?

Thx.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    NR doesn't run many sales and usually doesn’t give much warning before doing so. Best way to keep track is make sure you are signed up for the newsletter and follow them on fb. They aren't obnoxious with ads on fb so not a bother. NR also keeps their elr thread updated and answer on the thread fairly quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thanks Letitia. I just double-checked and it looks like I am still subscribed to their News Letter.

Just thought I would see if anyone knew of a Coupon/Code before I placed this order.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.