Nicotine content in PG cold maceration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bover907

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
Hi all. Haven't posted here in a really long time.

Due to a recent spinal surgery, I've had to quit all nicotine use. Problem is I have a bunch of NET extracts still on hand, I don't know if I can make nic free ejuice like I could with regular flavor extracts. I exclusively vaped my NETs for a few years now, and miss the flavor.

So, my question is does any nicotine get into the extracts? My extracts were all long term cold or heat assisted cold extractions in PG.

Thanks.

bover907

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
Thanks for the replies.

I read in another thread that any nicotine extracted would be in salt form, and therefore wouldn't show up with a nicotine titration test, but who knows if any of this is true. After all aren't we all just crackpot chemists anyway? LOL.

I've always treated my extracts as though they were a 0mg nic flavor, and added nic accordingly, but who knows.

@Izan Yes, I had to pee in a cup to test for nicotine metabolites. The reason, and I've also read it on the internet, is that supposedly nicotine is a vaso constrictor, interferes with bone healing, and is the top cause of failed fusion in spinal fusion surgery, which is what I had done.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for the replies.

I read in another thread that any nicotine extracted would be in salt form, and therefore wouldn't show up with a nicotine titration test, but who knows if any of this is true. After all aren't we all just crackpot chemists anyway? LOL.

I've always treated my extracts as though they were a 0mg nic flavor, and added nic accordingly, but who knows.

@Izan Yes, I had to pee in a cup to test for nicotine metabolites. The reason, and I've also read it on the internet, is that supposedly nicotine is a vaso constrictor, interferes with bone healing, and is the top cause of failed fusion in spinal fusion surgery, which is what I had done.
Prudent course. :thumbs:
However, little to no research about nicotine not delivered via a cigarette/cigar/pipe has been done.
IMO, it is the cigarette and products of combustion and not the nicotine, that contribute to non-positive outcomes.

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread