Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfig

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
So I am feeling like I really need to get off the nic soon. I just cant help but feeling like I'm still "addicted". The problem is I LIKE it. I just don't like that its not good for me, and Its addictive. I also want to have a baby in the next few years, maybe sooner and I have to come off of it for that anywyas. Just looking for input. Would especially like to hear from Moms who've come off of Nic for pregnancy.

Errrr to clarify not preggo yet just getting prepared. Must be because I'm turning 30. Smh.

XO
Kristin

Last edited:

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy.

My reco is to create a plan or timeline to reduce your nic to zero from current levels. 8 to 10 weeks is do-able. If you are at 10mg, reduce it by 2mg each week. To do this buy zero nic juice of the same flavor as your favorite 18mg juice (or whatever strength you are at) mix them accordingly to reduce the strength to 16mg next week. The week after reduce to 14. Then repeat until zero.

Do NOT go to zero immediately.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
When I first switched from cigs to e-cigs, I was vaping 24mg to 36mg juices. Like Toronnah mentioned, you do have a lot more control with e-liquids in building a nic reduction plan. I've stepped all the way down to 6mg, and it really wasn't difficult for me. Sure, each time I stepped down, I did notice it (a couple of days on edge more than normal) and I vaped like a chimney. But it doesn't take long to adjust.

I know the next step for me would be down to zero, but I'm not ready yet for a couple of reasons. First, I like my nicotine (shoot me), and second, I really can't see the point of vaping without nicotine. Maybe some of us do it for the flavor, but I think I do it for the nic :). I would hate to give up all of my new toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread