Nicotrol inhaler source for liquid nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
Anyone pondered robbing the nicotine liquid out of a Nicotrol inhaler?

I have tons of nic cartridges left. Upon searching for the ingredients, it shows C10 H14 N2 as the chemical make up of the product, which is the molecular compound that IS nicotine. I also found that inactive ingredients are only menthol, and the plug inside the clear tube that absorbs the juice when you pop it in the inhaler. Plug looks like filler material in e-cig carts.

Each little vial thing, has 10mg of nicotine, but I guess after the cart is popped into the inhaler, it only delivers 4mg, I assume as some gets absorbed by the plug.

One could take a syringe and poke through the foil and draw all the liquid out and get 10mgs of nicotine, in what is about probably only 1-1.5 ml of liquid if that.

So that is a decent amount of nicotine based on volume of liquid correct?

Worth noting, when I used mine, I really tasted no menthol. One would think if you can't taste it, it's minimal amount in it.

Also, the inhaler is already specifically made to inhale, so it makes sense to vape it in a mix.

What I am saying, take these, extract the liquid and dilute with pg/vg whatever, and your flavor.

Is it possible? I've got probably 100+ individual carts of the liquid left, that are good for at least another couple years, I'd love to experiment with.

Especially if the FDA cracks down and makes it hard to get juice.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
At 10 mg/cart, assuming you can get it all, it would take the contents of 100 carts mixed with PG and a bit of water to make 30 mL of a 36 mg e-liquid.

Whatever the liquid carrier for the nicotine is will take up some volume as well, and I'd be be worried that it's not something I'd want to be be vaping.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
Well, after messing with the cartridges, there is no liquid in them. I was confident that once the foil was punctured, air forced in and forced the liquid into the material that appeared to be foam.

It's hard, like the end of a fish pump, and white. I guess they put raw nicotine into the hard plug.

Ain't that a .........lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread