Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got mine (gunmetal version) a few days ago and have been happy with the purchase. It’s not nearly as ungainly as I expected it to be. In fact, it’s pretty compact considering it’s a dual battery squonker. It’s actually smaller than the hcigar Aurora, which is only a single battery (albeit a 2x700).

Fit and finish is nice. No rattles at all. Easy to access the bottle. Battery door is different than most of the slide to latch doors I’ve used, but it stays shut firmly. Bottle cover has very good magnets so it stays put.

Love the position of the fire switch! It’s what initially drew me to this mod, and it’s just so very comfortable to use. I usually thumb fire it and squonk with a finger, and it feels very natural. It’s similar to the Wraith in hand feel, which is also one that I find very comfortable to use. The button itself is clicky with a nice feel to it.

Nice clear screen and a simple menu. It’s wattage only, but has a soft/normal/hard mode plus wattage curves. Minimal firing delay. Adjusts in 0.5 watt increments.

The finish is fingerprint resistant, but not fingerprint proof. Unfortunately, the screen cover has a glossy finish and is a fingerprint magnet.

Now for the dislikes. It asks the “new/old” question everytime you change attys which is really annoying since it’s unnecessary – it’s a wattage only mod. The menu layout reminds me of the Tesla board, so I think it could be the same/similar board with the TC functionality removed. Guess they forgot to remove the resistance check feature.

The bottle it comes with has a nice feel and good cap threading. However, it has a very reduced size fill hole which I don’t care for. I swapped it with an Hcigar bottle which fits perfectly (and is also a bottle I very much like).

Other bottles can be used provided their cap fits in the space between the magnet posts on the bottle cover. It is 14.7mm post-to-post, so any bottle that has a cap that’s 14.7mm or larger will not fit even though the height might be OK. For example, the YFTK bottle won’t fit, nor will the Pulse mech bottle. SMJY bottles and the Pulse 80 bottles will fit. The largest bottle I was able to fit (well, sort of) is the 8ml BB Vapes bottle provided the flat side is positioned toward the mod. I’ll be sticking with the Hcigar bottle, but its nice to have bottle options.

Some size comparison pics with other dual battery squonkers, and a pic that (hopefully) shows what I’m talking about regarding the bottle door magnet posts.

NAG1.jpg
NAG2.jpg
NAG3a.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Cant believe how big the aurora is... the inbox is so much smaller... hcigar should make an aurora mini... would be alot better... :)
The Aurora looks big in pics. Holding it and using it has the same feel as the inbox,just a little taller. I use my Aurora daily with my inbox and I enjoy the run time I get from the 21700 device over the inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread