Nitecore i4 2014 2x700 charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftee

Sep 14, 2015
Hello,
I am looking at purchasing a 20700/21700 cell powered mod and was wondering if anyone knows off top if the nitecore i4 2014 version can fit those types of cells? I've had/used this charger since 2015 and have deemed it 'good ole reliable' so I don't wish to purchase a new charger if this one will fit 2x700 type cells. Any help is appreciated and Thank you for your time!

Reactions: stols001

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello leftee, the only option I can think of is to measure the length of the battery sleds on your i4. As the New i4 does, but cannot find any info on the battery sizes that the older version would accept.

21700 battery size is 70mm × 21mm, so if the sleds open wider than that you'll be able to charge them.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The specs state no and this review shows the sled to be 69.3mm max which puts it a hair outside of the length of a 2x700. There are variances with battery dimensions of the same classification – but this looks to be a gamble not worth taking.

Review of Charger Nitecore Intellicharger i4

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Have an i2 from them and all accepted batteries are written on the back of the charger.
Imo pretty sure yours does since mine also does.

The site linked above also has a review for 2 different version of the i2. According to them, the older 2014 version can handle up to 70mm long cells, the newer 2016 version improved this to 71mm

leftee

Sep 14, 2015
Have an i2 from them and all accepted batteries are written on the back of the charger.
Imo pretty sure yours does since mine also does.

This is true, but it can be somewhat incorrect and vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The 2x700 cell came available for public use after my i4 charger came out, but by standards, its still a Li-ion cell, so it can still be charged in standard li-ion chargers, so long as it fits. IE LiItoKala's LI-202 and 402 chargers have the cells they suppport on the back sticker, they don't list 2x700 cells as supported, but the charger does in fact fit those types of cells and can charge them fine. The company found this information out and didn't change the sticker, instead - they changed the box, the box now lists 2x700 cells as supported, but if you toss the box and just go by the sticker, you wouldn't know this info readily. So for older chargers, the listed sticker can be somewhat incomplete. And just with the linked i4 reviews above, the pre-2014 i4 would be able to charge 2x700 cells, albiet a tight fit, the 2014 i4 - with the 69.3mm - just won't fit.

I have purchased a Basen B02, which lists 2x700 as supported. Now I play 'the waiting' by Tom Petty and have a vape. Thanks folks!

Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread