Njoy - Burning smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitriidayu

Apr 22, 2008
Hi, i just got the njoy e cig today. Been trying it out. What i notice is that it doesnt produce as much smoke as i expected. Another problem is that after a few drags, the atomizing chamber gets a bit warm and theres some sort of burning smell and taking more drags doesnt produce any more smoke.

leaving it for a while cools it back down and the burning smell does go away. It's happened a few times already today.

Is this normal? and ... any ideas on how make more smoke other than the dripping methods?

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
By pushing the soaked wool closer to the atomiser you'll get a direct burn but the wool wont stay like that for long..it will either be pushed back in or burn..you'll get plastic burnt smell as well....the smoke produce is much raw and stronger..that's why it is harsh on your throat....So best method is either Dry/Drip smoke it or use the Needle experiment method...

p.s. Are you from Malaysia?..your nickname is Fitri Idayu..very familiar malay name.... :p

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
fitriidayu said:
just a name... but yes .. malaysian ;)

Its more or less fixed. After a few days of using it (with normal cigs) I find that I have phlegm now but not coughing. I used to have no phlegm at all before.

Any ideas doc? btw, where are you based?
I'm based in KL(old klang Road-my own private clinic)....where are you based?

Phelgm might be a reaction from both normal cig and e-cig combined usage(or even environmental pollution)..but you are not coughing...get some mucolytics (for eg, Bisolvan tablets or Mucolator Sachets or Rhinathiol 5%)..if persists then you have to use a filter for your normal cigs....

EricD

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2008
chicago, IL
your njoy is defective. Get it replaced. :D Personally, i wouldn't recommend telling people that the problem is more or less normal. I respect the good doctor and all he is doing for us e-smokers, but if you have an njoy and it doesn't work properly get it replaced. You have to let the company know and feel, in their pocket book, that the product has regularly occuring defects. Eventually, the costs of replacing atomizers and e-cigarettes will force them to put a product out that doesn't have that problem, which many of us have had. We can't be complacent and just start fiddling with the e-cigarette to force it to work. Force njoy to make it work. Perhaps with another device, like e-cigs' or something, asking for replacements and complaining that it doesn't work as advertised is fruitless, but I don't think that's wise with Njoy. They're whole claim to fame is their customer service. Let's make them prove it. If your njoy doesn't work right, or stops producing smoke after a few puffs, send it back or tell them to send you a new atomizer. They will send you a replacement including a shipping paid return envelope. Though the quick fix suggestions the doc has are awesome and i can't wait to try some of them, they are not for repairing a defective e-cig like njoy. They are for making a poor e-cig work better. :cool:

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
EricD said:
I respect the good doctor and all he is doing for us e-smokers, but if you have an njoy and it doesn't work properly get it replaced. You have to let the company know and feel, in their pocket book, that the product has regularly occuring defects. Eventually, the costs of replacing atomizers and e-cigarettes will force them to put a product out that doesn't have that problem, which many of us have had. We can't be complacent and just start fiddling with the e-cigarette to force it to work. Force njoy to make it work. Perhaps with another device, like e-cigs' or something, asking for replacements and complaining that it doesn't work as advertised is fruitless, but I don't think that's wise with Njoy. They're whole claim to fame is their customer service. Let's make them prove it. If your njoy doesn't work right, or stops producing smoke after a few puffs, send it back or tell them to send you a new atomizer. They will send you a replacement including a shipping paid return envelope. Though the quick fix suggestions the doc has are awesome and i can't wait to try some of them, they are not for repairing a defective e-cig like njoy. They are for making a poor e-cig work better. :cool:

Thanks for your input EricD...Actually I like to tinker the gadgets that I use...more for my own knowledge and partially curiousity...You must understand when faced with long waiting time for the warranty claim to come and also shortages of resources, I tend to start improvising things way before it gets out of control and hope for better solutions..I like the challenge..it makes my life less dour....

FIY I built my own Bikes and Cars(1 Light aircraft) out of scrap metal and junks (and maybe one day my own solar power bike)...hmmm..should have been an Engineer :p :lol:

Anyway you're right to "poke" at Customer service and get your money's worth in return..keep them awake..hehehe ;) :lol:

vafvaf

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2008
Europe
jimldk said:
By pushing the soaked wool closer to the atomiser you'll get a direct burn but the wool wont stay like that for long..it will either be pushed back in or burn..you'll get plastic burnt smell as well....the smoke produce is much raw and stronger..that's why it is harsh on your throat....So best method is either Dry/Drip smoke it or use the Needle experiment method...
dear jimldk, i would need an advice concerning the plastic burnt smell as well..actually its not about Njoy, but e-cig, which i am using anly for Dry/Drip smoke, but resently i start to get this strange smell as well, even i know that some e-liquid still there; do you have any idea where it coud come from? and why- the wool from cartrige is not there any more :?
thanks

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
vafvaf said:
dear jimldk, i would need an advice concerning the plastic burnt smell as well..actually its not about Njoy, but e-cig, which i am using only for Dry/Drip smoke, but recently i start to get this strange smell as well, even i know that some e-liquid still there; do you have any idea where it could come from? and why- the wool from cartridge is not there any more :?
thanks
Hehehe... :lol: I like the way you start post to me..sounds like a dear Abby newspaper column...cute... ;)

Did you use any cartridges on it before you start to convert to drip/dry smoking?..What I know is some cartridges wool can get stuck and it's fibre can get lodged into the steel wool and once overheated some will burn and melt into the steel wool..hence the smell...I use a Otoscope(device use for inner ear examination) to observe the atomisers head and I noticed some devices do have remnants of wool stuck and I took those out with a fine tweezer(like a microsurgery) and I think these does partially contributes to some device failure ...

But to be honest , e-cig devices doesn't seems to mature well..means they don't retain back some mature flavors taste like Njoy does(due to a larger and coarser air furrows at the bottom of the atomiser and possible diferrent quality procelain pot that hold the steel wool)..that's why when compared to a Njoy devices they are less flavorful..more airy like feel...

I hope I clear up some things for you.... :)

vafvaf

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2008
Europe
yes-yes! "dear jimldk" - your answers and suggestions so good, that its make believe that you are kind of "every day tv magician" , who know all :lol:
probably it was some wool from cartridge.. i did not come so far with the "microsurgery", but after good cleaning the smell of plastic is not here anymore. yes, probably the cigarette from e-cig not the best product, but i keep it as a back up, and use for dripping ... probably would be better do not try cartridges with e-cig at all..
thanks

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
You're most welcome :) ...do contact me if you have any more problems...And I 'm not a magician bro..just curious and need to do more for all of us like TropicalBob and Smokey joe and EricD and countless others here..all of us in fact in this forum...we are the pioneers don't forget that and everytime you help a smoker to stop smoking the real cigarettes..YOU are the magician...and a savior to that person..help as much as you can..that will be your ultimate reward...Take care bro... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread