njoy npro..junk? some questions to be answered please

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITEY

Feb 21, 2011
essextrash MD
hey guys, this is my first post, however i've been reading a lot over the past few weeks since i purchased a njoy npro. lets just say that i ditched the npro completely except the charger. the batteries would go off in my pocket, leading to a dead battery by 9am, so id unscrew the carto and batt a little bit, but the batteries were just very unpredictable....puff real hard at first, than you could draw slow, etc. well since then, i bought 2 extra batteries(rn4081 automatics) and 20 cartomisers. things are great, no more batteries going off in my pockets, great vapor, and ive bought many flavors from a nice site, which i wont say names, because im not sure if thats 'allowed' on this forum. so to everybody reading, heres a few questions:

1:should i get a 510 kit(parts seem to be more readily available and in stock than 4081), and if so which brand should i get, and if the manual batteries are in my pocket at work(constuction) will they go off unwillingly if the button gets pushed by accident?

2:is there a cheap site to buy 4081 cartomisers, or how can i get more than 2 days worth of use out of them?

3:how do you recommend i make my e-juice sweeter?

im going to be making my own ejuice very soon, it seems pretty simple to do, and a lot cheaper to vape that way. thanks for any and all responses--whitey(and no, i'm not a racist:laugh:)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Re 4081
1. Npro is not junk - it's RN4081 which is a model that has some fans but by far is not the most popular 2-piece. The most popular and supported 2-piece is KR808D-1 (also sold by Vapor4Life)

Auto batteries suck that way (turning themselves on from wind or vibration) and other ways - also more in danger of death by juice leaks. If you want to stick with Npro I recommend manual RN4081 batteries - check AZSMokeFree and VaporKings.com - search them for RN4081 and 4081 - pretty sure at least one of them has manual batteries

Check VaporKings.com for blank soft cap RN4081 cartos

You add ejuice to them BEFORE they get dry. If they get dry you can singe the stuffing and ruin them. I add juice whenever the vapor seems lighter or dryer

You should be able to get 4 days to a week out of a carto depending on how much you vape

-----

2. Re 510 -

Buy Joye brand - the original manufacturer, because there are some junky clone parts around and if you don't buy Joye then you don't know what you are getting - see Cignot.com and elsewhere

Button - I don't know. Do you have a shirt pocket? You can slide a pen clip on it and clip it in your shirt pocket, use a lanyard and hang it under your shirt? if you have your spare battery (or in those PCC below, 2 batteries) in a PCC then the button can't be pressed.

Check this PCC - has room for two batteries (one charging)
http://www.nosmokeva.com/product/VPCC

3. Ejuice sweetener - 2 main choices and I bougth them pre-dissolved/diluted

10-12% dissolved Ethol maltol in PG is a burnt sugar/cotton candy sweetness (I bought at PA)
PA Cotton Candy flavoring should also be about the same (i.e. 10-12% ethol maltol in PG)

Or 10% Splendex/Sucralose liquid in PG for a sugar-like sweetness (I think I bought at Tasty Vapor)

Also maybe PA or other Honey flavoring for a more honey sweetness
One other choice - PA Brown Sugar Extra - for brown sugar sweetness

PA is Perfumer's Apprentice

Last edited:

WHITEY

Feb 21, 2011
essextrash MD
well, the npro battery that came with my kit was not performing properly, and the replacement battery was even worse. dont get me wrong though, i love the rn4081 setup(just not the 'njoy' brand) i have now, lots of vape, and 2 batteries last me all day. i always keep my carto moist/wet, 30-35 drops to fill a blank, and 3-6 drops every hour or so i vape. it just seems that they start to taste funny after 2 full days of vaping.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I guess it depends on how much you vape too. I've been using some Boge standard soft-cap cartos for 510 from LiteCigUSA.net and bought their standard SLB ones too (haven't tried one yet) because I saw a comparison on this board somewhere that seemed to like both. And using some Vapor4Life cartos on my KR8 (the 510 Boge ones seem to keep full performance longer)

WHITEY

Feb 21, 2011
essextrash MD
I love my njoy, but the cartomizers do taste funjy after a few refills

great, im glad to see yours is working. if you ever need a new battery, get one from azsmokefree or vaporkings(around $10), you wont be dissapointed, in fact, i liked the batteries A LOT more...smoother draw, better design on the battery, and they wont go off unexpectantly in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread