NJOY/Pilot truck stop update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Apr 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I am a trucker and on this trip I went from Houston to Milwaukee and I checked at several Pilot truck stops along the way. I spoke to several Managers.

Pilot in Houston, TX. Display is still up but all products have been locked in the Manager's Office and will be sold only if specifically requested by customers. They will not be getting anymore product.

Pilot in N. Little Rock, AR. Display up they will sell existing product, no new product only have 2 kits left and limited supply of carts.

Pilot in Troy, IL. Display up they will sell existing product no new product, no kits left and limited supply of carts.

Pilot in Bloomington, IL. Display up selling kits and carts. Didn't know anything about ban or if they would be getting anymore.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Hmmm, Thanks for the report. This is very inetresting as most are not going to restock their items. Maybe they figure that it is not worh the hassle to continue to sell them? I know that at the price they are selling them ($60.00 local here) They can't be making a lot of profit. May be they were told that the product will be discontinued?

Thoughts? Comments?

Rookie

Apr 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Hmmm, Thanks for the report. This is very inetresting as most are not going to restock their items. Maybe they figure that it is not worh the hassle to continue to sell them? I know that at the price they are selling them ($60.00 local here) They can't be making a lot of profit. May be they were told that the product will be discontinued?
Thoughts? Comments?

Check the price again it is the same nationwide. Starter kit-69.99 pack of carts-19.99. There is room for lots of profit. Lots of suppliers on this forum are selling kits for $45-50 and they are making a profit. Most of the truckers who buy the starter kit don't even know about e-juice so they are buying a packs of pre-filled carts. It is not a matter of them getting hassled. If njoy's imports are being held by customs they can't get more product.

LAHooper

Mar 10, 2009
The problem is too many people trying to make returns. The Pilot will not take an NJOY return. They tell you to contact NJOY directly. I've been told by several Pilot employees that this usually causes a customer to become irate. The last 3 kits I bought each had 1 good battery and 1 bad one. I know the drill, but most customers don't. They just want to return a bad product to the store they bought it from. Pilot Corp just doesn't want the hassle anymore.

prototype7

May 4, 2009
Just wanted to finally contribute... I don't have any pilots in my area but we do have a ton of Kangaroo stores. I've found the NJOY stuff sold at two of them. Both of them said they haven't heard a thing about these being discontinued or taken down. One has the display up on the front of the counter... the other keeps theirs behind the counter but they've always done that. All the other Kangaroo's I spoke to, I called ALL the ones in my city, had never even heard of the stuff.
For what it's worth that's what's going on near me.

The problem is too many people trying to make returns. The Pilot will not take an NJOY return. They tell you to contact NJOY directly. I've been told by several Pilot employees that this usually causes a customer to become irate. The last 3 kits I bought each had 1 good battery and 1 bad one. I know the drill, but most customers don't. They just want to return a bad product to the store they bought it from. Pilot Corp just doesn't want the hassle anymore.

That makes perfect sense, and as someone who recently went through the hassle of getting a replacement part for my NJoy and being confronted with the countless messages left for Shirley Brown that go unreturned, I can fully agree with retailers getting fed up.

It's not Pilot's fault that NJoy has horrible customer service and return policies - they end up just being caught in the cross hairs.

dijohn76

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Cascade,MT
That makes perfect sense, and as someone who recently went through the hassle of getting a replacement part for my NJoy and being confronted with the countless messages left for Shirley Brown that go unreturned, I can fully agree with retailers getting fed up.

It's not Pilot's fault that NJoy has horrible customer service and return policies - they end up just being caught in the cross hairs.

I have to say I am surprised about the problems getting a return call from Shirley Brown. I have had my NPRO for 6 weeks, in that time I have had 2 batteries and 4 atomizers go bad. The last was last week. I called Shirley on Monday afternoon, she returned my call Tuesday morning and put 2 new atomizers in the mail that day. I received them on Friday. I do also now have other products, but, also still use my NPRO and again have had no problem under their warranty program of getting replacement parts. (maybe I've just been lucky:rolleyes:)

vegasbandit

May 8, 2009
As I non smoker I find all this FDA stuff so frustrating.

Discovered e-cigs on the news 2 weeks ago and almost no-one locally has Njoy in stock or anything else.

Long story short is my Dad MUST stop..not an option but he's having a damn hard time since he's now 67 and smoking since 16. Anyway...I thought what a great idea and something that might help since patches don't help with the habit and motions.

I know you smokers can relate to what he's going through.

So... NJoys AMERICAN site has NO PRODUCT IN STOCK.. says on BACKORDER which I know now after reading the post about FDA and holdups at customs with some products.

Also I was going to market these and sent my info to NJOY over 2 weeks ago and nobody gets back to me even after a phone call. It was after this I saw all on backorder.

I was told by a guy at a smoke shop Pilot had them but called and they say..they don't have any.

All the truck or travel places listed on the NJOY site that are located here in Las Vegas all the clerks told me by phone... we don't have them.

My guess is Njoys product in the U.S.A is being held.

Interestingly if you visit Njoys site and click on the international links on top right you CAN order product. Think this proves my point they are now caught up in the fight with FDA.

I did find a smoke shop or two that had a few start up kits in my area but one said he placed an order 3 weeks ago and nothings come in.

As I non smoker I find all this FDA stuff so frustrating.

Discovered e-cigs on the news 2 weeks ago and almost no-one locally has Njoy in stock or anything else.

Long story short is my Dad MUST stop..not an option but he's having a damn hard time since he's now 67 and smoking since 16. Anyway...I thought what a great idea and something that might help since patches don't help with the habit and motions.

I know you smokers can relate to what he's going through.

So... NJoys AMERICAN site has NO PRODUCT IN STOCK.. says on BACKORDER which I know now after reading the post about FDA and holdups at customs with some products.

Also I was going to market these and sent my info to NJOY over 2 weeks ago and nobody gets back to me even after a phone call. It was after this I saw all on backorder.

I was told by a guy at a smoke shop Pilot had them but called and they say..they don't have any.

All the truck or travel places listed on the NJOY site that are located here in Las Vegas all the clerks told me by phone... we don't have them.

My guess is Njoys product in the U.S.A is being held.

Interestingly if you visit Njoys site and click on the international links on top right you CAN order product. Think this proves my point they are now caught up in the fight with FDA.

I did find a smoke shop or two that had a few start up kits in my area but one said he placed an order 3 weeks ago and nothings come in.

I would suggest going with one of the other suppliers listed on the front of the forum. NJoy is only one brand out of quiet a few. I started with that and still have one for backup. I now use a DSE901 I ordered from myvaporstore.com a couple of weeks ago. I had the product in hand within 2 working days and like it so much better than my NJoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread