NJOY Television Commercial best Ad ever for E-Cigs, its a 30 Million dollar Ad campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombaker

Moved On
Oct 21, 2013
This ad is being run now alot in my marketplace, maybe because of the great song by Avicii, I always pick up my head to watch it.
The whole tone of the ad is great. The staging and video work or whatever is very clever.

$30 million U.S. ad campaign by njoy, the second-largest e-cig brand, is raising eyebrows among industry observers. In a full-on bromantic TV spot, two buddies go through life together—a college prank, moving into an apartment, getting in a bar fight, giving a speech at a wedding—before a voiceover intones: “Friends don’t let friends smoke. Give them the only electronic cigarette worth switching to: the njoy King.” The campaign spans TV, radio, digital, and print, with another $50 million in spending overseas.

Better than BLU, and equal to Jenny. The song I very much like maybe that is it.

See it here NJOY E-CIgarette TV Commercial, 'Return the Favor' Song by Avicii - iSpot.tv That is the version they are broadcasting.
-----
This is apparently the alternate version, which has a blurred out streaker vs a mascot stealer, and tossed out of the bar room section. I prefer the American version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIUkMGSWmwM

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
See, that made me want to go buy that product lol. Those were not disposables though right? If they perform like the disposable version of that product I would recommend that to friends I know who still smoke.

edit: Ok so I looked at a site & they are selling the disposables in a packs. Wow that's interesting. That's the first time I think I've seen an ecig being sold like that. Kinda pricey though but if the battery & cartridge lasts as long as they are supposed to (a day) then that would attract a lot of new vapers.

Last edited:

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
It a slightly old 'report' - but details the big-bucks each Big Tobacco company plans on spending on commercials in 2014. Encouraging to me as it shows they will fight for the right and perhaps fund studies (just an thought) to prove they are "safe".

EXCERPTS:

The electronic-cigarette industry has big television advertising plans for 2014—if they're not snuffed out first.

The Food and Drug Administration is expected as early as January to propose curbs on the battery-powered devices amid calls from politicians and anti-tobacco groups to regulate them like traditional smokes, which haven't been allowed in TV commercials since 1971.

Rather than retreat, e-cigarette makers are unleashing a flurry of new TV ads to reach as many consumers as quickly as possible and cement their brands nationally.

E-cigarettes turn nicotine-laced liquid ** into vapor, representing a small but fast-growing alternative to conventional cigarettes.

** Heaven forbid we word it differently. ---- "The USER has the choice of using liquid that turns nicotine-laced liquid into vapor. Many use liquid containing zero nicotine after quitting traditional cigarettes." Naaaaaa - they couldn't say THAT - it's not in the script from the anti's.

Holy Smokes: E-Cigarette Ads Debut on TV - WSJ.com

Good photo of "middle age" lady (I HOPE she's middle age!). Wise choice. And the Mommies Against Kids Doing Coke can't complain!
E-CIG LADY BLOWING SMOKE.jpg

Senile Old Man Don

Last edited:

tombaker

Moved On
Oct 21, 2013
It seems entirely designed for a starter to E-Cigs, Packaging is nice, but its not a cost effective solution IMO. GrimmGreen likes them, but all the same issues as I just said. He says its near a clone of a real cig as he has seen. Size weight.

Cost not a option, current smoker, may work out. Still I like the Ad, makes me happy, and mostly nothing to do with the product at the end.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
It seems entirely designed for a starter to E-Cigs, Packaging is nice, but its not a cost effective solution IMO. GrimmGreen likes them, but all the same issues as I just said. He says its near a clone of a real cig as he has seen. Size weight.

Cost not a option, current smoker, may work out. Still I like the Ad, makes me happy, and mostly nothing to do with the product at the end.

If my only options were between Njoys and Blus, I'd go with NJoy. I don't hate them, they just weren't strong enough to get me off the real thing, and they're stupidly expensive and don't last long, which is right up Big Corporate's alley - like inkjet printers, give the printer away for cheap, charge you up the nose for lousy ink packs that run out way too fast and clog if you look at them. (Been there, done that, I'm looking at you, Epson)

I'll admit, I wasn't using them right, either - I didn't know about the looooooooong draw of ecigs.

I just watched the ad. I like it. So much better than that idiotic Blu commercial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread