Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Vivi Nova's are known to have center posts that are way too long. It is possible that by using a Vivi Nova on your Evic you have with time pushed the center post on the Evic 510 connector down too far, so it will still make contact with the Vivi - but not much of anything else. You need to try working the center post on the Evic back up a bit. Try grabbing the center post with some good slant tweezers to pull it back up - just a little. Try the Aero tank again. Repeat & pull up a bit more if needed.

Last edited:

is250sp

Sep 25, 2013
dallas
Vivi Nova's are known to have center posts that are way too long. It is possible that by using a Vivi Nova on your Evic you have with time pushed the center post on the Evic 510 connector down too far, so it will still make contact with the Vivi - but not much of anything else. You need to try working the center post on the Evic back up a bit. Try grabbing the center post with some good slant tweezers to pull it back up - just a little. Try the Aero tank again. Repeat & pull up a bit more if needed.

I compared the Vivi and the Aerotank and both center posts looks exactly the same length. In either case I tried using a tweezer to pull the eVic post up but its so recessed I can barely grab on to it. I would like to at least test if the issue is with the Aerotank itself so I can get an exchange. What metal can I use to put between the 2 posts to test?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well once it's screwed on there is no way to tell if the pins are making contact. Can I use a paper clip or something to test the connection by tapping both pins?

No, but you can use it to pull the Tank pin down ever so slightly.
Welcome to Kangers #1 flaw.

Doesn't matter if the 2 look the same. Pin height plus 510 threading make the total structure.
eVic should be fine if everything else is working in it. No need to be pulling on it.

No atomizer found is one of 2 things:
No pin contact
Broken Coil

Last edited:

is250sp

Sep 25, 2013
dallas
I just removed the coil and was able to push the pin from the inside out, however its still not working because...

1. the coil is not touching the pin (due to me pushing out the pin)
2. the tank pin is not touching the evic pin (maybe once its screwed on the tank pin gets pushed back in)
3. the coil is broken

Once again if I can use some kind of metal to test it would at least eliminate some of these scenarios.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I just removed the coil and was able to push the pin from the inside out, however its still not working because...

1. the coil is not touching the pin (due to me pushing out the pin)
2. the tank pin is not touching the evic pin (maybe once its screwed on the tank pin gets pushed back in)
3. the coil is broken

Once again if I can use some kind of metal to test it would at least eliminate some of these scenarios.

If you have a multimeter with removable leads, you can use that. You don't want to just use any old piece of metal as it would not be insulated, and therefore when you hit the fire button you would get a shock. Also different metals have different current resistance. Additionally, with a multimeter, you can check the resistance of the coil to ensure it is a complete circuit, and the coil has not popped. Also can check the MOD by ensuring the proper voltage is actually firing when you fire the device.

This probably sounds confusing, so maybe someone else could easier explain what I'm trying to say.

is250sp

Sep 25, 2013
dallas
I don't have a multimeter so I removed the coil from the kanger and made a direct contact with evic pin and it still says "no atomizer found". I tested the other coil that came with the kanger with same results. I then did the same with the coil from Vivi and it found the atomizer so I figured the kanger coils are both broken. I then took a q-tip and cleaned the evic contact pin and for some reason the kanger is working now. What the hell?

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I don't have a multimeter so I removed the coil from the kanger and made a direct contact with evic pin and it still says "no atomizer found". I tested the other coil that came with the kanger with same results. I then did the same with the coil from Vivi and it found the atomizer so I figured the kanger coils are both broken. I then took a q-tip and cleaned the evic contact pin and for some reason the kanger is working now. What the hell?

Every Kanger head I use, leaves a touch of liquid on my connectors. This is due to the way I take a draw and I flood occasionaly. The liquid then goes the only place it can, out the hole in the bottom of the head. This leaves juice on the connection. I have just gotten used to taking a qtip every time I take my tank off and cleaning my connectors. It's getting better now that I am not so gung hoe, sucking on the drip tip like its a McDonalds milkshake, trying to get everything in one draw.

is250sp

Sep 25, 2013
dallas
Every Kanger head I use, leaves a touch of liquid on my connectors. This is due to the way I take a draw and I flood occasionaly. The liquid then goes the only place it can, out the hole in the bottom of the head. This leaves juice on the connection. I have just gotten used to taking a qtip every time I take my tank off and cleaning my connectors. It's getting better now that I am not so gung hoe, sucking on the drip tip like its a McDonalds milkshake, trying to get everything in one draw.

Is this normal for bottom coil tanks or a flaw in the Kanger design?

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
Is this normal for bottom coil tanks or a flaw in the Kanger design?

It is how the tanks work. As you draw air through it the vacuum created draws the juice out of the tank to the coil. Draw to hard and you will flood the tank, draw to light and the coil drys up giving dry hits. The point of the aero tank is you can adjust the air flow to help get to this ideal amount of vacuum to keep the coils wet but not flood the head. A tighter draw makes for more juice sucked out of the tank.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
It is how the tanks work. As you draw air through it the vacuum created draws the juice out of the tank to the coil. Draw to hard and you will flood the tank, draw to light and the coil drys up giving dry hits. The point of the aero tank is you can adjust the air flow to help get to this ideal amount of vacuum to keep the coils wet but not flood the head. A tighter draw makes for more juice sucked out of the tank.

Indeed. I have switched my Protank 2 to an aero base. This has solved my problems completely. Additionaly, if I do get any slight leakage, it is all confined in the base, and doesn't get down in the connection on my MOD's.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
New Vaporitus

Knowing something needs to be done, but not what to do.

Often this leads to mistakes and equipment damage.

1 tip, now that you have had a little time with this. NEVER wedge a piece of metal between the tank and device top. a slip/ a short /a Dead Device.
Better to find answers than keep asking permission to do the unthinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread