The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

No flavor after cleaning

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by MidnighToker, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MidnighToker

MidnighToker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    Decided to clean my 510 attys using Pepsi last night. Rinsed them and lest them dry overnight. Now both of them have absolutely NO flavor. Tried about 5 different juices with no luck. What's the deal?

2. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    did u reprime them

3. solonguniverse

solonguniverse Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2009
    Missouri, USA
    Hahahahahaha.

4. MidnighToker

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    Tried dripping right away...nothing. I'm getting vapor. Just no taste.

5. DaBrat

DaBrat Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Back end of GA
    May be your juice? f you are getting vapor you should be able to taste it.

6. Flitzanu

Flitzanu Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2009
    Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
    i can only say from cleaning my 901 with cola, rinsing, and drying them, it took a couple hours to get the atty working nicely again, you may just need to keep at it.

7. MidnighToker

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    Yeah, after about 3 hours of almost CONSTANT vaping, there's a little flavor there.

It's not the juice. Tried 3 different ones that were fine before cleaning....plus they're fine in my 801.

8. LuckySevens4U

LuckySevens4U Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    USA
    I pretty much feel it's a fact that the 510s are just not good on flavor.

9. DaBrat

DaBrat Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Back end of GA
    Why do you say that Lucky? I have nothing to compare it to. What would you reccomend?

10. MidnighToker

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    ARGH!!

I'm switching to the 801 until this gets figured out. Now to worry about making a passthru...

11. MidnighToker

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    Can't say I disagree with this. Just got my 801 last week and the flavor of that is MUCH improved. My 510 was never bland though...until now.

12. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    I disagree Lucky....I think my 510 is a fantastic flavor taster...and an even better throat-hit producer!:)The Wiz!

13. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    MidnighToker.....I think we're comparing apples to oranges here...I admit the 801 provides great flavor as well as the 510...just a different type of vaping sensation.My comment to the OP would be to question why his atomizer needed a cleaning to begin with? Reduced vapor production? or hard to draw on? I have been using the same 510 atomizer for two months now and have yet to clean it.it works as good now as the first time I used it...maybe I am just Lucky(no pun intended)here..LOL:)The Wiz!

14. Annastasia

Annastasia Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    I just cleaned a couple atomizers by soaking them in vodka, and after letting them dry overnight everything I put in them tastes like dirty socks. Never happened before! Now I'm afraid to clean any more atomizers. No idea what's going on there. Sorry I'm no help, but hey, at least you know now it's not just you. :D

15. MidnighToker

Jun 27, 2009
    NC
    Attys needed to be cleaned because the draw on them was getting a bit harder.

And I agree completely about the 510 and 801 being totally different experiences. Where the 510 gives a slightly harder draw with an awesome throat hit, the 801 is smooth as can be with better flavor.

Well, last night I decided to drip on both attys and leave them overnight. That seems to have done the trick. I just found it totally bizzaire that while the clean atty gave plenty of vapor, it was completely tasteless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.