No longer puff cigarettes. I VAPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith2006

Oct 13, 2019
I had smoked "Virginia Slims super slim non- menthal" for probably seven to eight years prior to making the switch to vaping. I had been smoking for 35 +/- years. I had tried hypnosis among other things. The only change in my smoking was that my cigarettes shrunk from a normal sized cigarette to a super slim. I decided to research ecigs online. They were very new on the market. I first bought this really cute blingy slim e-cig. Really cute but were a pain in the ..... Cartridges to buy, no e-liquid until a little later. Still had to refill the cartridge or buy new cartridges. Very poor vape hits. It sue was cute though! There were no vape shops in my area so I ordered online. No way to get a good feel of what to expect when ordering online. It was trial and error on my part. Anyway... I ordered a set with some simple flavor like vanilla or something. As bad and frustrating these e-cigs were then, I never went back to smoking. I believe the flavor made it much easier to stick with the e-cig and not go back to smoking.
vaping was the only thing that made sense to me. I wasn't a gum chewer but tried it. Pills didn't work. vaping is the closest to mimicking holding the vape, puffing on the vape. To be honest, I never liked the flavor of cigarettes. I often wondered why they couldn't do something to them for flavor. Well, little did I know then that it really wasn't a strange idea. Now with the flavors and technology, you get a great hit plus great flavors. I get angry that kids have gotten their hands on vape hardware and that some of the flavors obviously are used to entice kids to vape. It has ruined the perfect vehicle for long term smokers to stop smoking cigs. I enjoyed smoking.. the prep, holding it, lighting it, dragging on it, etc. I enjoy vaping much more. The flavor choices are fantastic and played a definite role in my success cutting out cigarettes. I am now going on 10 years tobacco free.!!!!

Last edited:

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Reactions: bombastinator

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Congratulations on a healthier lifestyle choice.

No flavors are made to entice kids. I'll be 46 later this month. I like vanilla and fruit and desserts. Just saying. "The kids" is the strategy the media has latched onto, because science disproves any other explanation that "they" (BT/BP) could use to take vapor products off the market.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I had smoked "Virginia Slims super slim non- menthal" for probably seven to eight years prior to making the switch to vaping. I had been smoking for 35 +/- years. I had tried hypnosis among other things. The only change in my smoking was that my cigarettes shrunk from a normal sized cigarette to a super slim. I decided to research ecigs online. They were very new on the market. I first bought this really cute blingy slim e-cig. Really cute but were a pain in the ..... Cartridges to buy, no e-liquid until a little later. Still had to refill the cartridge or buy new cartridges. Very poor vape hits. It sue was cute though! There were no vape shops in my area so I ordered online. No way to get a good feel of what to expect when ordering online. It was trial and error on my part. Anyway... I ordered a set with some simple flavor like vanilla or something. As bad and frustrating these e-cigs were then, I never went back to smoking. I believe the flavor made it much easier to stick with the e-cig and not go back to smoking.
Vaping was the only thing that made sense to me. I wasn't a gum chewer but tried it. Pills didn't work. Vaping is the closest to mimicking holding the vape, puffing on the vape. To be honest, I never liked the flavor of cigarettes. I often wondered why they couldn't do something to them for flavor. Well, little did I know then that it really wasn't a strange idea. Now with the flavors and technology, you get a great hit plus great flavors. I get angry that kids have gotten their hands on vape hardware and that some of the flavors obviously are used to entice kids to vape. It has ruined the perfect vehicle for long term smokers to stop smoking cigs. I enjoyed smoking.. the prep, holding it, lighting it, dragging on it, etc. I enjoy vaping much more. The flavor choices are fantastic and played a definite role in my success cutting out cigarettes. I am now going on 10 years tobacco free.!!!!

Welcome to the forums.

As far as the flavors, I tend to disagree about them being made explicitly for children. Vaping is a de-centralized industry, that means that there is no one company that manufactures them and controls them. It also means that the companies that do are generally smaller in size comparatively to other business. Many ejuice companies would be considered "medium sized" at their largest. The reason that makes a difference, is there are no laboratories used to design new chemical compounds to make flavors. The juice companies have to use whatever flavors are at hand. for a flavor to be used in an Ejuice, it has to have no alcohol, and be safe for consumption. Most flavor companies make their flavoring for other reasons. LorAnns is one company that makes flavors for candies, and they have some flavors that are alcohol free for those candies that don't need heat (which is needed to evaporate any alcohol required by extracts) Capella originally made flavors for coffee and beverages, which nobody wants a shot of alcohol in their coffee in the morning, so theirs is alchohol free as well. Because of that, we are left mainly with candy flavors and coffee/tea additive flavors.

Personally, I like a guava/vanilla, or a Caramel/custard. Those flavors aren't really targeted for kids. The flavors I see in the vape shops usually have weird names, but just like I make the juice myself, they use whatever flavors are available. Adults like sweet flavors too.

Just before logging on, I was going through my head... what will happen with the flavor ban... Well, kids would sneak smokes, and they don't even taste good... a flavor ban would not stop children from vaping. The children vape because it is "taboo", and the more they try to restrict it from the children, the more they will try to sneak it.. If they raise the price, then that just makes them a "luxury" that only the rich use, so they will vape for that reason.

It's a sick world, but the large tobacco companies are supporting the "ban vaping for the kids" as a marketing ploy to eradicate their competition. So in my mind, they're using the kids to strengthen their company. And the FDA is hand in hand with their agenda.

rmayers

Jul 5, 2018
I was a huge smoker a short time ago and moved to vaping. I don`t have any lung problems or something like this and hope I will never have anything of them. But still, I am a little bit scared of cancer and other diseases. I found a lot of articles like this and they are talking about the different influences of vaping on your body. What do you guys think about it?

hairtrigga

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2019
Sydney Australia
Vaping was the only thing that made sense to me. I wasn't a gum chewer but tried it. Pills didn't work. Vaping is the closest to mimicking holding the vape, puffing on the vape. To be honest, I never liked the flavor of cigarettes. I often wondered why they couldn't do something to them for flavor. Well, little did I know then that it really wasn't a strange idea. Now with the flavors and technology, you get a great hit plus great flavors. I get angry that kids have gotten their hands on vape hardware and that some of the flavors obviously are used to entice kids to vape. It has ruined the perfect vehicle for long term smokers to stop smoking cigs. I enjoyed smoking.. the prep, holding it, lighting it, dragging on it, etc. I enjoy vaping much more. The flavor choices are fantastic and played a definite role in my success cutting out cigarettes. I am now going on 10 years tobacco free.!!!!

good for you mate
A big nature boy rick flair "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" for ya

Attachments

• ric-flair-woo.png
    ric-flair-woo.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 3

hairtrigga

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2019
Sydney Australia
That is a bit of anti-vaping propaganda that you should think twice about accepting. Kids vape for the nicotine just like we do.
yes but do you think some companies have tried to target the young with some of their advertising antics?
Sponsoring rave parties, concerts and the like?
In my opinion its nothing a few regulations around advertising cant sort out tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread