No luck with stardusts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully i only have two of these clearomizers. I rarely have gotten a good vape either from vg, pg or a mix of both. I often get burnt tastes from them and it just about makes me sick. I make sure i tip them and make sure the juices sit and soak into the wicks. But still no luck.

Am I doing something wrong or are these pretty useless?

Thankfully I got a vivi nova mini and it has been working spectacularly.

Black Strat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Idaho
Thankfully i only have two of these clearomizers. I rarely have gotten a good vape either from vg, pg or a mix of both. I often get burnt tastes from them and it just about makes me sick. I make sure i tip them and make sure the juices sit and soak into the wicks. But still no luck.

Am I doing something wrong or are these pretty useless?

Thankfully I got a vivi nova mini and it has been working spectacularly.

Hmm, not sure. I buy mini vivi novas and replaceable stardusts from Got Vapes and find identical performance from each. In fact I mainly use both of them due to compatibility with replacement heads. I use the stardusts with 1.8 ohm heads on eGo batteries with either 50/50 or 30/70 juice and have never had a problem with my typical 7 second draw. I replace the heads when performance declines, not due to burning.

I was so taken with the Stardust when they first came out, that I bought about 8 (after tring the first one), then stupidly bought FORTY! Then I tried a Mini Vivi Nova.... Needless to say, I haven't used any Stardusts since that day.

So I have about 45 unused Stardusts in the vape drawer!

At least you have a few backups just in case!!

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK guys. I'm spreading the word today.

STARDUSTS SUCK BIG TIME!

I say this because I like 70% VG as an absolute minimum.
The SmokTech Redux are FAR supperior. Been testing them for the past day and they really are so much more durable and stay nice and cool even when chain vaping! Great up to about 4V for all my liquids. Haven't tried at higher volts.

Everyone who uses stardusts/Visions MUST try these!
SmokTech Redux eGo Clearomizer with Changeable, Replaceable Heads, Coils, and Wicks

Did I mention these things rock? :) :vapor:

bubbadreier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
oklahoma
I have four of the rebuildable stardusts and two of the smoktech redux ones... I see no difference in those. Now I have used the vivi novas and I love them. They are great products, but I agree that they are the same thing as the stardusts, I just get fewer dry hits with the novas compared to the stardusts. I haven't bought my own nova yet but that is the next step.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
I actually loved my very first clearo! I had it rockin' for quite a while. I would mix up my juices to make my fave blend. Then, I added one juice that made it crack! From then on, I haven't had a lot of luck with them. I am always getting liquid in the mouth piece and can never get them cleaned right! I do have a regular sized vivi nova and loved that, until I tried to clean that one, too! I thought it might be good for testing juices, but I can't get the wicks clean or the previous juice taste out! I need to order some wire and wick as I think if I make my own coils, these things will really shine! Until then, I am mainly sticking with my cartos and carto tanks!

I do have one new head left, so maybe I will give it one more try with a fresh head to see how long it will last!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Strange because the Stardust and the Vivi Nova are technically the same thing, just in a different container.

If you are seeing a performance difference between the two, air flow management is the reason.

Lol, you are right. I thought about that too... Not sure why I love the MiniVivi so much then... but I didn't buy 40 - just incase!!!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I was so taken with the Stardust when they first came out, that I bought about 8 (after tring the first one), then stupidly bought FORTY! Then I tried a Mini Vivi Nova.... Needless to say, I haven't used any Stardusts since that day.

So I have about 45 unused Stardusts in the vape drawer!

that is why I don't try new stuff until I start to run low on what I already have! :)

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
I think it might be the setup you are using. If you have incompatible levels of resistance and voltage it can cause a burnt taste or no taste. I use both the ViVi Nova Mini and the Stardust. They are made by the same company. DId you give the Stardust a dry burn after the last cleaning. Is your stardust one of the rebuild-able one's or the standard model with out the replaceable heads?

I think it might be the setup you are using. If you have incompatible levels of resistance and voltage it can cause a burnt taste or no taste. I use both the ViVi Nova Mini and the Stardust. They are made by the same company. DId you give the Stardust a dry burn after the last cleaning. Is your stardust one of the rebuild-able one's or the standard model with out the replaceable heads?

this is the version i have:

eGo CE4 Vision Clearomizer (Holds 1.6ml | 2.0ohm) for eGo Model eCigs | Electronic Cigarette CE4 Clearomizer

I made the mistake at first to use a 100% vg juice and i had my ego twist set too high and i got a horrendous burnt taste. I definitely understand that i messed up there. I did clean it out and did a dry burn and then filled with 100% pg and it worked better at a low setting on my ego twist, around 3.2. It was ok but still got dry hits, too often for my liking. The second one has worked better with a 70/30 mix but still too many dry hits.

So far, if i were to say, i would definitely go with the vivi nova mini on my ego twist. it hast worked flawlessly so far with ecto plasma at reduced pg. Obviously vaping is subjective but i would recommend the vivi nova mini all day.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread