No more burnt taste or excess juice! (almost)

• Thread starter nos2k
  • Start date
  • th_trl_thread_readers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I'm keeping off VG juice at 6v until I know what temperature the atty gets to. I'll try and test it this weekend

Andy

Hey Andy - nice to see you're still tinkering! Would be really interesting to hear what temperature the atomiser gets to at 6V..... :)

Personally, I think if anyone here is worried about acrolein conversion, the first sign that vg has turned to acrolein would be a really nasty acrid taste/smell that would be hard not to notice. The burnt taste that people sometimes talk about is possibly acrolein when the atomiser is running hot and dry.

(I remember when I had some e-pipes, I used to get this nasty acrid smell 8-o when performing a cleaning cycle which heated the atomiser for long periods in order to burn off the build up.... I'm more than certain that this was acrolein-really vile smell!)

FEED YOUR ATOMISER

Tips for using VG formulas (& PG formulas with VG in):

-Keep your atomiser well primed with liquid so that it never overheats (think of it a bit like feeding a fire).

-Don't hold the button down for more than 2-4 seconds

Remember that acrolein was found in our cigarette smoke and even exhaust fumes, smoke from burning wood products or cooking oils and grease. Obviously the ideal solution would be to avoid it altogether to save any more harm being done to our lungs.

Incidentally, VG is often found in PG formulas anyway (around 15-20%) so you could still potentially inhale small amounts of acrolein from using PG formulas.

I'd say it's likely that with any device, given the wrong conditions, an atomiser has the potential for getting to the temperature required to convert VG to acrolein. Prevention comes down to user control - don't hold the button down for extended periods because the atomiser will eventually over heat. Do make sure there is always plenty of liquid to keep things running relatively cool. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
You must be an idiot or just a liar because you keep saying $1 per 30ml and hijacking this thread but noone has ever said any prices that low. I think you just want to argue. Walrus's deal is more expensive and is a hell of a lot more than $1 per 30ml, and if you would actually click the link in my sig you would see that it's Dekang liquid from Zhengzhou Moor Technology Co.,Ltd.

Vaughnie is neither of those and your tone is pretty offensive to say the least - please either apologise or kindly leave this forum if you can't conduct yourself in a civilised manner. ;)

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
Vaughnie is neither of those and your tone is pretty offensive to say the least - please either apologise or kindly leave this forum if you can't conduct yourself in a civilised manner. ;)

Then what would you call someone who comes into a thread and starts an argument to hijack the thread, and who keeps posting an imaginary deal where people can get 30ml of juice for under $1. It's a lie. Even if the person doesn't know it's a lie and just did their math terribly wrong and actually believe this false figure, that doesn't make them too smart a person, especially when I've tried to point out the flaw in their figures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk