Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
homeuser6 said:
will the genny forum be next to go? activity there has been sparse,but i did notice a co-op for scuba gens is just now delivering.
Is that where Scubabatdan went off to? Is Hairball running co-ops still?

Scubabatdan has or had nothing nothing at all to do with that co-op back in the day i bought Scubabatdans genny and it was very well made with no leaks etc.
There was a long thread with good information on that Genny and folks using it and everyone received theirs that wanted one.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Yep...quite a while back Oliver archived some subs.

The old Carto Tank sub is in the Archives :
Carto Tanks
(that's always a good place to look for 'missing' subs)

But there is still active :
Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils

I edited the sticky to say Carto Tanks from just saying Tanks :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No, someone else who was known here but not a supplier. He was popular when clearo tanks got popular and everyone was breaking them often. I guess I was there last in '16 looking for a nautilus tank.
Oh, yeah! I remember them now. I bought some colored glass from them for my AGA-T2 Genesis tanks. Gave my Provari's some bling. :)

full

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Acorn tanks with stripped down carto's , SS Megladon in short mode as sleeve not shown, madvapes kit that i put together VV, old ego battery, and store bought e-liquid , been about 6 years since buying any. Vaping for 7 years +
full
Oh, I see! So, that's what an acorn tank was!

That MadVapes VV kit was the only place I had ever seen a potentiometer mod until recently. The non-VV little MadVapes black box was my very first mod, back in March of 2011. I didn't see the need yet for VV.
Bedazzle Glass Tubes

She has decorated glass tubes although no new ones listed for some time. There's a note on that page that she will try to fit plain glass tubes. Send her the measurements to if she can help you out.
She still has some glass for Bella tanks!
I guess I am sitting on a gold mine, I still have about a brick of assorted carto's and many of IBTanked tanks (that I never use anymore).
Not much of a gold mine if no one wants to buy anymore. But, if you can find that rare person that does want them, . . . . .

It broke my heart to see IBTanked go out of business.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Here is a Arry Actv4 Carto tank have the Arryv3 somewhere bought late 2011 and v4 from Feb 2012 and cutter when i used to take part of the casing off the carto for the acorn tank, gaskets and carto's.
Last year i put it together and tried it and said to myself wow thats a very tight draw, the long carto's stick some out the top of tank and go thru bottom to connect onto device.
It is top filling all stainless and did not leak bought from stormy's vapor cellar back then.
HPIM1038 (Small).JPG

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I spent a LOT of time on the old cartotank forum. I imagine you remember me. Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide
THE definitive guide to carto-tanks.
Still use them every day in my rotation, have a lifetime supply of tanks and cartos..great with a good 24mg 50/50......usually sitting on top of a Zmax, or a lesser mod like a Provari :)
Me too.
That one was kinda hard for me also. A great little business, and a great tank.
Yeah, I went kind of crazy stocking up after they closed. My place to get backups was gone!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
some reason m1 or mom&pops comes to mind,tell me how wrong I am.
Mom and Pop Vapor Shop still exists. But, I don't see any carto-tanks there anymore.
I did 4.5 yrs straight on M&P's. Still fine.
I love the side-fill. I wish I had more.
dose anyone remember for a very brief time we made homemade carto tanks from plastic juice bottles? then carto tanks hit the market soon after
I remember hearing about that. But, I was still dripping on a 306 at the time. I didn't try carto-tanks until the cheapo Smoktech DCT's came out.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It broke my heart to see IBTanked go out of business.
That one was kinda hard for me also. A great little business, and a great tank.
It was a sad day, I agree. I had the opportunity to speak with OCD on a number of occassions. He was a truly nice, sincere guy. He even went out of his way to give me a recommendation for a job with a vape shop, and I didn't even ask him to.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Dancing...
Would you like me to move this there and change the thread title to Carto Tanks ?
I kind of like it here instead of buried.

Actually, I think carto-tanks go better with the cartomizer section. I remember always struggling to keep carto-tanks separate from clearomizer tanks. People have come to think 'tank' means clearomizer.

Only people who use cartomizers (or a rebuildable version of cartomizers) use carto-tanks.
It was a sad day, I agree. I had the opportunity to speak with OCD on a number of occassions. He was a truly nice, sincere guy. He even went out of his way to give me a recommendation for a job with a vape shop, and I didn't even ask him to.

Thank you!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    dose anyone remember for a very brief time we made homemade carto tanks from plastic juice bottles? then carto tanks hit the market soon after
    Haha, the carto is still stuck in the bottle at the back of my workbench. Thought better of it and quit right off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread