No More Flavored Ejuice in NY...? What about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
But nobody sells nic solutions, yet alone juices that are 1mg/ml. Is it a case of officials ignorant about what and how they tax?

If it is diluted, it is taxed accordingly. And you can buy 1000mg/mL. Well you and I can't, but licensed manufactures can. I usually purchase mine at 100mg/mL. So I assume that will be $300 per liter in taxes. Here is one place one can get pure nic.

Pure Liquid Nicotine

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    :wub::wub:
    I'm just trying to understand, you said 3k/l or 2.80/mg, did you mean 2.80$/ml? If yes then what concentration solution would that be?

Outrageous Nicotine Tax Bill Passes House Committee

"The bill, which bases the tax on nicotine content rather than e-liquid volume, proposes a tax of $50.33 per 1,810 milligrams of nicotine, which breaks down to 2.78 dollars per mg."

2.78/mg x100mg/my x 1000ml/L=$2780/L

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    From what I've gathered part of the taxation of cigarettes in the USA goes towards this:

https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/607

Now ok,as an ex smoker i know how bad it is,so sure over tax cigarettes...in this case you kill 2 birds with one stone,people quit smoking and you help people with the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
    (not sure where the rest of the income from taxes on cigarettes goes,they can't really say it goes towards the bad effects of smoking and that they need it for the increase in medical costs...since you still gotta pay for them so huh?¿)

But...vaping related products over taxed because....why exactly?
    It has already been proved that it's not in the same group as cigarettes when it comes to bad secondary effects,so they will still over tax the hell out of it?

Hell even boxed Mac and cheese is worse than vaping,so why not over tax that? why not Mountain Dew? i mean they both contribute to obesity which if we consider it is way worst that vaping when it comes to long term physical effects.

And why not coffee? i mean it's basically the same thing,yeah yeah i know it isn't but they could both be put in the same group so why not over tax coffee?
    Not saying they should I'm just saying this if I'm following their own train of logic...

Personally and just speaking for my country (Spain) if they ever decide to over tax vape related products/ingredients i would protest the heck out of it.

So far when it comes to cigarettes and the taxes people pay when they buy a pack the government has said that it helps two fold,one to make up for all the illnesses of smokers and two to help people quit smoking....
    FINE!! i can understand that.
    We have free health care here (well free,is not really true,it is paid with taxes,each paycheck you get every month has a certain amount taken for this purpose) so knowing that smoking does make people sick in various ways it is understandable that smokers make up for it with taxes on every pack of cigarettes they buy...that sounds logical to me.

But if they ever decide to over tax any vaping related product or ingredient what will their excuse be?
    There is no extra medical costs that have to be covered because someone vapes...sooo?

In the case that the over taxation occurs here in Spain (it will happen,not a matter of if it will or not happen...just a matter of time) I'm dying to find out their reasons for over taxing,can't wait to see what lame BS they come up with.

Last edited:

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    :wub::wub:

Outrageous Nicotine Tax Bill Passes House Committee

"The bill, which bases the tax on nicotine content rather than e-liquid volume, proposes a tax of $50.33 per 1,810 milligrams of nicotine, which breaks down to 2.78 cents per mg."

2.78/mg x100mg/my x 1000ml/L=$2780/L
    Ok I got you now, you used 100mg/ml solution to calculate that. You initially wrote
    None of us can afford almost $3000/liter or the $2.80/mg that breaks down to.
    that got me confused, I thought you meant 2.8 dollarnot cent.
    That's insane tax btw, it's not to regulate, it is aimed to crush the vaping industry! Wow! If you consider normal cigarettes, and the amount of nicotine they contain, this is just crazy!

Reactions: stols001

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Hell even boxed Mac and cheese is worse than vaping,so why not over tax that? why not Mountain Dew? i mean they both contribute to obesity which if we consider it is way worst that vaping when it comes to long term physical effects.

And why not coffee? i mean it's basically the same thing,yeah yeah i know it isn't but they could both be put in the same group so why not over tax coffee?
    Not saying they should I'm just saying this if I'm following their own train of logic...
    Probably because neither of these products affects the big tobacco and government's wallet with it's mere existence.
    How Tobacco Bonds Work, and What Can Go Wrong — ProPublica
    Funny how tobacco bonds are NEVER even mentioned in relation to vaping in the mainstream media. Never

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Probably because neither of these products affects the big tobacco and government's wallet with it's mere existence.
    How Tobacco Bonds Work, and What Can Go Wrong — ProPublica
    Funny how tobacco bonds are NEVER even mentioned in relation to vaping in the mainstream media. Never

Yep,totally agree with what you said.

Case in point,when the corona hit us in Spain and all stores were closed BY LAW guess what establishment was allowed to be open on the moronic premise that people needed stamps and official documents?

The Estanco (Cigarette shop,like a liquor store in the Us basically),while vaping shops had to remain closed.
    But yeah we all know why,vaping shops don't give the government that sweet tax money.

Sad and pathetic in equal parts...for now vaping hasn't been hit hard like in the USA but it's just a matter of time.

• Agree
    Reactions: PeterKay

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If it is diluted, it is taxed accordingly. And you can buy 1000mg/mL. Well you and I can't, but licensed manufactures can. I usually purchase mine at 100mg/mL. So I assume that will be $300 per liter in taxes. Here is one place one can get pure nic.

Pure Liquid Nicotine

No. It would be almost 3000 dollars for the liter of 100mg/ml, 2780 dollars to be precise. It's based on the total mg of nic not the volume or the concentration. That pure nic you posted would be taxed at $27,800 for a liter.

• Informative
    Reactions: Javichu

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    I did mean dollars. I fixed the post.
    hmmm.
    "The bill, which bases the tax on nicotine content rather than e-liquid volume, proposes a tax of $50.33 per 1,810 milligrams of nicotine, which breaks down to 2.78 dollars per mg."

$50.33 per 1,810mg is not $2.78 per mg. If you consider $/1ml assuming concentrate in question is 100mg/ml then that value 2.78$ is correct per ml.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    You are right. That figure was a quote from the article, not my own math.

.0278 x 100mg/ml x 1000ml/L =$2780/L

Ouch! :(

FDA Black Market.png

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    True and I DIY. But still there are some juices that are so good I still buy them. Sure I can whip up a cheap imitation, but it isn't the same. My ADV is still a premium juice I have been vaping for the past 5 years now. Oddly enough, its manufactured in NY.
    Hi @BillW50
    I also diy. But, I'm curious about which of the commercially made juices you still buy. Care to share?

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Hi @BillW50
    I also diy. But, I'm curious about which of the commercially made juices you still buy. Care to share?

Yetivape Haze Cap

Glas Basix - Butterscotch Reserve

Butterscotch Reserve is super good with the right coil(s). As you get a burst of different flavor notes. Although it is also super bad for vapor's tongue. Nothing will taste right for the rest of the day. So be careful vaping this one.

Haze Cape has been my ADV for 5 years now. Although I am getting closer to cracking the recipe, theirs is still better. If I could only vape one juice, this one would be it. I'm down to ten 120ml bottles of it and I need to get some more soon. As I can never let myself run out of it. :D

Last edited:

john1211

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    Has the flavour ban in NY held up? Or isn’t that something they have dropped? I can’t get my head round their thought process here! Must of the US hasn’t legalised cannabis yet you can’t vape strawberry juice!
    July 1st is when everythng is shut down, brick store and on line. If your in NYS, stock up!!

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Has the flavour ban in NY held up? Or isn’t that something they have dropped? I can’t get my head round their thought process here! Must of the US hasn’t legalised cannabis yet you can’t vape strawberry juice!

Hard to fight the ninth richest nut bag in the world on a mission:

"Michael R. Bloomberg... is now stepping into the campaign to combat vaping, announcing a $160 million push to ban flavored e-cigarettes."

Vote everyone out and push for campaign finance reform.

Cheers
    I

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread