Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Out of the EU.

Yes !!!!!

And obviously some of the TPD regulations will remain. Such as those directly related to tobacco.
And we know the House Of Lords were rejecting regulations on E cigarettes anyway so obviously there will be no changes as far as e cigs are concerned.

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I'm entertaining the fantasy that vapers did this.
If it's true, as I saw in one article yesterday, that vapers in the US could decide the presidential election, I think it's entirely possible that vapers had an impact there as well. I did see someone post on Twitter that there is a strong argument for suggesting so. Don't know any particulars though.

It should give reason for politicians to start paying attention to "I vape I Vote".

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
  • Deleted by retired1

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
  • Deleted by retired1

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
  • Deleted by retired1

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
If it's true, as I saw in one article yesterday, that vapers in the US could decide the presidential election, I think it's entirely possible that vapers had an impact there as well. I did see someone post on Twitter that there is a strong argument for suggesting so. Don't know any particulars though.

It should give reason for politicians to start paying attention to "I Vape I Vote".
There can be polling and analysis and estimates of how vapers might have influenced the vote. I hope they were decisive because the next battle appears to be here in the good old US of A.

Vaping has turned me into a single issue voter. I'm disallusioned by the FDA response to vaping. I will vote to remove any party or politician, local or national who doesn't stand up now for vapers even if the opponant has the same veiw. If I have to be miserable I want company.

What's ironic is I'm not doing this for me. I'll be stocked up for a long campaign. I feel compassion for all the smokers who deserve the same chance I got. Helping other smokers make the switch has been a good experience.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
  • Deleted by retired1

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
So we are out of the EU I assume that the silly TPD rules from Europe no longer apply.
We are not yet out of the EU. That won't happen until two years after Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty has been invoked and THAT won't happen until the next Prime Minister is in office. And there's no guarantee that they'll do that immediately.

The TPD is still in effect as it was ratified by the British government back in April before being implemented in May.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I heard it speculated a while ago that 80% to 90% of the EU regs would remain in place, as the price of Britain being able to go on trading relatively freely with the rest of Europe. As far as vaping goes I've read that the driving force behind the EU vaping laws was heavy manipulation behind the scenes by the Pharma industry, and that's not going to change as a result of Brexit.

Being hopeful, maybe now it will be a little easier for the RCP and other pro-vaping bodies in the UK to drive a less onerous implementation of the vaping rules. I hope so because I'm planning to retire there some day. On the other hand I was planning to land in Scotland, which might end up making its own bid for freedom and jumping back into the EU.

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK

I said long ago that I wanted the vote to be for exit but that the majority should be small enough that we can put up our hands and say "It's the vapers wot won it" and the margin is almost close enough, so I'm going to be saying it anyway.

Reactions: JC Okie

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013

Some people may have based their vote purely because of the TPD. But that doesn't mean they are vapers. The TPD affects smokers too. That doesn't mean i disagree with you at all though.
I'm entertaining the same fantasy.

Reactions: JC Okie

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Us vapors are nothing but a minority, I doubt we have much impact at all in such matters.

Also, I'm sorry to see you go England, we had a good run together while it lasted.

Bon voyage, mon amis.

Curious to see if the Scots will succeed in leaving Britain so they can remain a EU member though, I hope they will. Maybe they can even take over the country if they join forces with the Irish! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread