NO ONE MENTIONS THIS ~ Plz Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
This is extremely annoying & frustrating:

After around a DECADE of eCigs & vaping with no issues, for the very FIRST TIME ~ and ONLY in the PAST FEW WEEKS of 2019 ~ have issues EVER been reported (in the media).

WHY are they NOT reporting that some people are doing things incorrectly, inappropriately, and sometimes including THC, or other substances in tanks, etc?? There's also the issue of COUNTERFEIT products being sold in the market.

"They" refers to the media & news, major networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and channels in Canada.

"They" are supposed to be investigative journalists who conduct research, not just blow ignorant & uneducated hot steam. I am extremely disappointed by some I always highly respected, like Sanjay Gupta, all the Cuomo's, and more. How do the latter profit from their disservice?!?

If NO ISSUES were ever reported in OVER TEN YEARS isn't all this SUDDEN, IMPRECISE, & INACCURATE hype, camouflaged as "reporting", biased and unfair??
Thanks!!

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lots of people have been mentioning it. I’ve been looking about for a change and one I’ve seen is apparently there are a lot of online stores carrying MCE in their “bases” section. This didn’t used to be the case. MCE is basically refined palm oil. Something that should never ever be inhaled.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I'm from New Zealand, but I agree completely. The news reports over here, in Australia and the UK are giving us a completely different story compared to what the media is saying in the States:

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/09/17/health/vaping-us-uk-e-cigarette-differences-intl/index.html

COMMENT: The killer was tainted cannabis, not nicotine. Stopping vaping could be deadly.

Vape users: No need for alarm over death in US, expert says
    Yeah. It seems more like a money thing than a public health thing.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    USA & Canada
    I'm from New Zealand, but I agree completely. The news reports over here, in Australia and the UK are giving us a completely different story compared to what the media is saying in the States: https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/09/17/health/vaping-us-uk-e-cigarette-differences-intl/index.html COMMENT: The killer was tainted cannabis, not nicotine. Stopping vaping could be deadly. Vape users: No need for alarm over death in US, expert says
    Damn ~ Good Post and Articles ~ I had No Idea!!

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    700.jpg

MADJ

Sep 18, 2019
    Missouri
    I am really glad I came across your post and really appreciate the links. I am glad to see some media stations and news outlets reporting all the facts. Just sorry they aren't ones in the country I live in. It seems here they report information to create a bunch a drama, and then after everyone is in a panic they come out with that some of the ones claiming illness or died were vaping THC.

Thanks....

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX

It's been around a DECADE of eCigs & vaping, and for the FIRST TIME ~ ONLY in the PAST FEW WEEKS of 2019 ~ have there EVER been issues reported (in the media).

WHY are they NOT reporting that some people are doing things incorrectly, inappropriately, and sometimes including THC, or other substances in tanks, etc?? There's also the issue of COUNTERFEIT products being sold in the market.

"They" refers to the media & news, major networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and channels in Canada.

If NO ISSUES were ever reported for OVER TEN YEARS isn't all this IMPRECISE & INACCURATE reporting biased and unfair??
    Thanks!!

I, like many others on this forum use the Dark Theme for this forum. The color of your text on the dark background is impossible to read without manually highlighting all of the text. I would like to ask that you not use colored text like that in the future. Thanks.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
    May 9, 2015
    The only plus side is newer news is finally coming out, vaping was not the cause of the recent illnesses. Sort of, problem is now that some people have deciding vaping is the new big bad wolf, they don't want to hear that part of the story. Vaping has become a verb, someone might use it to vape (fill in the blank), so it's bad and must be stopped.

It was good to read though that the in other parts of the world the info is more sane.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2018
    UK & much further East.

It's been around a DECADE of eCigs & vaping, and for the FIRST TIME ~ ONLY in the PAST FEW WEEKS of 2019 ~ have there EVER been issues reported (in the media).

If NO ISSUES were ever reported for OVER TEN YEARS isn't all this IMPRECISE & INACCURATE reporting biased and unfair??
    Thanks!!

To answer your "Why?". Money, which brings power and influence, does the talking in political situations. Make no mistake, this is a political situation. BT pays for influence over government in order to survive, as do most industries. They happen to be stinking rich so they can outgun the vaping industry, history shows that they will continue to stop at nothing to win.

The media are the means to deliver the lie, fake news or whatever it takes to get that influence to reach further in order to win. Take a look at who owns the media, where their money comes from, who the owners cronies are.

So it's much more sinister than "bias", it's about control.

Simple really.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
    May 9, 2015
    To answer your "Why?". Money, which brings power and influence, does the talking in political situations. Make no mistake, this is a political situation. BT pays for influence over government in order to survive, as do most industries. They happen to be stinking rich so they can outgun the vaping industry, history shows that they will continue to stop at nothing to win.

I am not as opposed to media as some are, but then I know what they put out is only a partial truth. I always know it's at best a summary, and lacks details. But... I suspect most politicians would hate it if there no media. How would they ever get their word out?

But yes to this part. BT has tons of money to spend, and the vaping industry does not. Thought we were going to get rid of the lobbyists? Won't ever happen. Steak dinners and an envelope of cash is just too compelling :p

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2018
    UK & much further East.
    I am not as opposed to media as some are, but then I know what they put out is only a partial truth. I always know it's at best a summary, and lacks details. But... I suspect most politicians would hate it if there no media. How would they ever get their word out?

But yes to this part. BT has tons of money to spend, and the vaping industry does not. Thought we were going to get rid of the lobbyists? Won't ever happen. Steak dinners and an envelope of cash is just too compelling :p

I worked in the media for many decades before I retired, in a number of countries. Back in my early days there were a few press & TV senior editors and owners who had a moral and ethical compass. Now there are none in mainstream media in the USA and EU, the media in a very few countries ( as in NZ etc noted above) manage to maintain some objectivity, but they can't hold out for long. Partial truth? Nearly, it's a lot worse than most people think or dare to imagine, as the truth is merely an inconvenience to be pushed aside.

The vaping ban circus is just one example of how the media are used by those with the money. It's a good one as it has heightened awareness of how it all works in our corner of the world, perhaps we should be grateful for small mercies.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
    May 9, 2015
    The vaping ban circus is just one example of how the media are used by those with the money. It's a good one as it has heightened awareness of how it all works in our corner of the world, perhaps we should be grateful for small mercies.

It would be interesting to see the insider perspective. To me it's a business, and so I don't expect much other then what businesses do, try to make money, which is fine with me. Emotions over reason applies to many types of business. In the end they don't make the laws though so my focus still goes on those that do.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    What makes me laugh is why a lot of people, by default, swallow everything they hear in the news.

Funnier still are those who tell it, arrogantly assuming that they have some kind of control over those who listen. They are clearly far more stupid than their audience.

So to me it's more about diagnosing the level of intelligence the audience has, rather than the actual news itself. That's the real headline. It's the nature of the response from the audience which interests me.

I've been keeping up with Boris. Everytime he pops up i think "is this real". Did that guy in the hospital with the sick kid meet Boris at an ealier date to arrange this pre-emptive critisism ?.

Is Gina Miller someone who has been employed by Boris, again, for the porposes of pre-emptive critisism ?. There is absolutely nothing the Supreme Court can do about it in any case.

Pre-emptive critisism can be used to control or tame a much wider audience.

Was Theresa may just part of a bigger plan designed to explore all the possible variables of Brexit knowing she would fail in any case ?. Pre- emptively exhausting all possible alternative scenarios for leaving the EU apart from the so called no deal.

Is no deal really no deal ?.

Not making arrangements for border control around northern ireland doesn't mean the UK is leaving without any arrangements/deal in place. There are many moving parts to this. All the angles have been covered. All this adds up to a deal/arrangement for leaving the EU.

So when the media says Boris is going to break the law in order for the UK to leave the EU it simply isn't true. He's just not going to ask for an extension just because the remainers decided he should.

Prerarations have been made. They've been making them for over three years. There is no "crashing out" or leaving with a so called (by the media) "no deal". It's the Northern irish government who has to deal with their borders after our departure, not Westminster. If they don't like it then they should have another referendum. They decided to stay with the UK in their last referendum. So how about it !.

This whole entire circus has been created by the media. And none of it is true.

Last edited:

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
    May 9, 2015
    This whole entire circus has been created by the media. And none of it is true.

Respectfully, it's what I find so hard to take when parents blame JUUL for their kids vaping. Likewise, the media does not make the laws, sure they have influence, but it is up to us to filter the media too, to ask questions, and become more informed if we want to be. It is also up to us to question those who make the laws (for those who are fortunate to live in countries where we can) because we can turn off the media, but it's harder to turn off the laws politicians are enacting. If the real story is our politicians are too stupid to not be affected by the media, then that is a worthwhile story.

And if you have kids, yep they are probably going to try out drugs, alcohol, smokes, vapes, etc., just as we all did growing up.

p.s. I get it has become a new thing to blame the media, but politicians who are doing that are pulling a magic trick. Look over there, so you don't look at what I am doing right now. The blame game.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Try the Fox News channel? :) They are actually reporting what is going on and are very critical of the vaping ban. Not 100%--I've seen a few "save the children" segments, but those were few and far between. Bret Baier, Martha MacCallum, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Greg Gutfeld, Shep Smith and several others are very critical of the misinformation and media hysteria and the bans. The Wall Street Journal had a fantastic editorial in defense of e-cigarettes. Just to name a few sources other the CNN&Co.

Here's one very sensible conversation:

Will a vaping ban send smokers back to cigarettes?

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
    May 9, 2015
    Try the Fox News channel? :) They are actually reporting what is going on and are very critical of the vaping ban. Not 100%--I've seen a few "save the children" segments, but those were few and far between. Bret Baier, Martha MacCallum, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Greg Gutfeld, Shep Smith and several others are very critical of the misinformation and media hysteria and the bans. The Wall Street Journal had a fantastic editorial in defense of e-cigarettes. Just to name a few sources other the CNN&Co.

Here's one very sensible conversation:

Will a vaping ban send smokers back to cigarettes?

Yea, not my favored channel but I watch Fox too. At least they have been sensible about why we don't need a ban. Given how many people have quit smoking thanks to vaping, and that indeed nobody has been reported ill until the recent THC cart scare, finally some sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread