Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Received this today from Vapor Shark
    Wonder if this affects businesses selling from Arkansas, and also to consumers having product sent into Arkansas.
    Not good..........

Online Retail Sales Prohibited in Arkansas Effective Today
    Arkansas ACT 1235 (SB978)

Arkansas ACT 1235 (SB978) is officially in full effect as of today, July 21, 2015. The bill classifies vapor products as tobacco products thereby inherently prohibits any online retail or direct online B2C sales of any "vapor product, alternative nicotine product or e-liquid product" to occur within the Arkansas state line. In addition to disallowing online retail sales relating to any vaping product, all brick & mortar retail locations within Arkansas must now obtain licenses in order to sell vaping products within the state.
    See details about the bill here.

Vapor Shark has obtained Arkansas' Manufacturer Vapor Product and Alternative Nicotine Product Permit in order to continue selling and shipping products to all Arkansas brick & mortar locations on a wholesale B2B basis. Vapor Shark's entire product catalog is currently available to our approved wholesale customers within Arkansas. To find a wholesale partner's brick & mortar retail location near you, please click here and choose "Wholesale" under the locations tab.

The effect of Arkansas ACT 1235 (SB978) is not something to be taken lightly. Make your voice heard! The vaping community will continue to face similar legislation across multiple states and your support, input and participation is essential to this industry's stabilization and continuity. While this Arkansas legislation may be a big blow to many online businesses and consumers that choose to purchase their products from any web-based store, we will continue to fight the good fight and do our absolute best to truck forward in the maturation and growth of our industry, and we humbly ask that you help us by communicating with your state officials, senators and congress men and women!

There are many organizations that are dedicated to keeping our industry on the forefront of legislation similar to this. CASAA, or "The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association" is a great way for consumers to get involved and make a difference. SFATA, or the "Smoke Free Alternative Trade Association" is imperative to all retailers and manufacturers to be associated with. We are at a crucial turning point in our industry's history and it is important that every person gives back what was so freely given to them in this life-changing industry.

Thank You,

Vapor Shark

sacullen

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I just assumed the words "Arkansas" and "intelligent discourse" were never used in the same sentence.

All kidding (not really) aside, it appears that businesses can get a license in order to conduct retail and online sales. Looks like a money grab to me. Was there a CTA for this?

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Yes! Why is this not being discussed more?

Because it can't happen in other states. It won't will it? Arkansas is a backwards place. It's not like other states. It can't happen in other states. It just can't. Oh wait, it can. See my signature.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    And people wonder why I started stockpiling over a year ago. Even with my meager stash I'm Good for a couple of years minimum.
    Regulates Mods (7) check
    Mech Mods (24) check
    RTA's (14) Check
    RTA's (8) check
    Wick/Wire to the next millennium - Check
    Gallon PG
    Gallon VG
    1000ml Flavorings
    4000ml Nic and down to 3%

Bring it FDA and Bite Me!

I see a strong Black Market in our future.

I guess this means weight watchers can no longer order -0- nic Food substitutes for their vaporizers. Hello increased health cost.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    Unless the name of the sender is obviously a vendor of vaping products (i.e. have "Vapor", etc.) in the name, how would they even know what's in the package? The state can't order USPS to open and check every single package being sent to an Arkansas resident without a court order, since that would be considered a federal offense for tampering with the US mail.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    Unless the name of the sender is obviously a vendor of vaping products (i.e. have "Vapor", etc.) in the name, how would they even know what's in the package? The state can't order USPS to open and check every single package being sent to an Arkansas resident without a court order, since that would be considered a federal offense for tampering with the US mail.

labels can be read by a machine... it reads the return address and if that address is in some type of database flagging specific addresses as vendors, then bam... it gets diverted into the "someone is breaking the law bin" they now have your address to send you the fine, and the address to the vendor to send them a nasty note..

what has me bothered, is the ban on vape gear... batteries? mods? attys? what do we use to vape our 0nic juice?

jrenae4

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 13, 2013
    ES, MD

Interesting. Made me think about how awhile ago, velvet cloud vapor changed their name and website to simply "velvet cloud." They are in California.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    labels can be read by a machine... it reads the return address and if that address is in some type of database flagging specific addresses as vendors, then bam... it gets diverted into the "someone is breaking the law bin" they now have your address to send you the fine, and the address to the vendor to send them a nasty note..

what has me bothered, is the ban on vape gear... batteries? mods? attys? what do we use to vape our 0nic juice?
    And where would they get these addresses? I just went and checked several websites for different vendors (Mt. Baker being one of them) and nowhere on those websites are the addresses listed. They have telephone numbers, links to Facebook or Instagram or Twitter, but no physical or mailing address. I don't believe business abstracts identify whether a DBA is a retailer of vaping supplies. So unless you actually order from them, you would never know what the sender name and address would show up as on the package.

And what about Amazon? While the only vaping supplies sold there are sold by marketplace sellers, Amazon does "fulfill" some supplies like wire for making coils, batteries, cotton pads. So are they going to divert every package shipped by Amazon to the "scofflaw" bin? And every gas station, supermarket, Walmart, pharmacy or drug store that sells Vuse, Mark Tens and blus.....are they going to apply for a license to sell vaping products now?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread