No phone service for reosmods for a couple days

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Just placed an order for a TRA LP/SL and a Hammer tone LP/SL as well as a bunch of spares Rob so if people can't call you I guess you'll get my order out faster ;)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and you can still feed your porcupine buddies with the heavy snowfall
You to my friend I always feed the animals spoil them is more like it . This time a year I can snowshoe into the woods and find out were all there huts are located

Last edited:

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
You to my friend I always feed the animals spoil them is more like it . This time a year I can snowshoe into the woods and find out were all there huts are located

That is so cool, Robert. You are a true woodsman. I'd have expected nothing less. :)

Edit: ya know, we get heavy snowstorms and windstorms that knock out power here for a couple days or maybe 3 or 4 days in the worst cases. At first, we get a little unnerved because we're up here in the mountains beyond cell phone service. No communications, no internet, no power. We've lived that way in our early years but have become spoiled. It takes a few hours to get our minds around that. Then we kinda groove on it--the woodstove keeps us comfortable and we can cook on it as well, if need be. Strange as it sounds, I find it kind of comforting to harken back to the old ways.

That said, it gives me a hell of a chub when the power comes back on.:)

Last edited:

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Well Rob it seems apart from feeding the porcupines you also managed to get my order shipped too ( I got a tracking notice). Buddy I was kidding no hurry, it's not as if I don't have a vape.
Anyway thanks so much for the usual warp 7 service, now kick back and get some well deserved R&R.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Back in '98 we only lost power for 4 days....some were out for 3 WEEKS!!!:ohmy:
Yesterday (actually Wednesday night.....) we lost electricity for 14 hours.....got it back just before we were due to head out to a local restaurant
for our turkey bash.....THEY managed to get power restored just after 7 AM...the owner was really sweating bullets, but pulled it all off without a hitch!
He had a bigger crowd this year, despite (because of??) the lousy weather!!!
Lots of folks nearby are going to be in the dark for awhile longer, I fear....on our journey home we had to detour around several downed power lines and trees!!:(
Hope everyone had enough to eat!!:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
We rarely have any outages here (Germany) - maybe once every 5 years for an hour or three, if a transformer somewhere needs to be replaced. But most of our local power lines are underground, anyway.

Are you really still using ancient power cables on sticks in he US? Together with hurricanes, snow storms and tornadoes that sounds like a bad idea.

And then there is the Kachelofen (Stock picture, ours look a lot like this one, though). =)

I wish you a warm and cozy weekend, Rob!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
That is so cool, Robert. You are a true woodsman. I'd have expected nothing less. :)

Edit: ya know, we get heavy snowstorms and windstorms that knock out power here for a couple days or maybe 3 or 4 days in the worst cases. At first, we get a little unnerved because we're up here in the mountains beyond cell phone service. No communications, no internet, no power. We've lived that way in our early years but have become spoiled. It takes a few hours to get our minds around that. Then we kinda groove on it--the woodstove keeps us comfortable and we can cook on it as well, if need be. Strange as it sounds, I find it kind of comforting to harken back to the old ways.

That said, it gives me a hell of a chub when the power comes back on.:)
I can handle no power for a couple days after 3 days I start to get a little aggravated .
I could go back in time and live without power but I would be set up to live that way . We are not set up for that style of living did I mention I love my diesel generator

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
We rarely have any outages here (Germany) - maybe once every 5 years for an hour or three, if a transformer somewhere needs to be replaced. But most of our local power lines are underground, anyway.

Are you really still using ancient power cables on sticks in he US? Together with hurricanes, snow storms and tornadoes that sounds like a bad idea.

And then there is the Kachelofen (Stock picture, ours look a lot like this one, though). =)

I wish you a warm and cozy weekend, Rob!
I have asked the same ? many times why do we have power lines above ground . Yeah it would be expensive to put them under ground but in the long run it would pay for itself . Yeah we still run power on sticks dangling in the wind hoople heads

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Well Rob it seems apart from feeding the porcupines you also managed to get my order shipped too ( I got a tracking notice). Buddy I was kidding no hurry, it's not as if I don't have a vape.
Anyway thanks so much for the usual warp 7 service, now kick back and get some well deserved R&R.
Np my friend its how I do . I will take a nap when I retire :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread