Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
So my wife, whom is a smoker still, went to our local smoke shop to get her 1lb of tobac and papers and got into a conversation with the owner and the fact I had quit analogs and was using an e-cig. He said he knew no one that had stopped smoking completely with an e-cig... Then showed her the "No Smokes" product he was thinking about carrying. He gave her one to try. Showed it to me today when I got home so I looked into it a little. I tried it, and yes it looks, feels, like a cigg, but no smoke, or vapor, etc... I noticed a VERY slight TH when I tried it, and some flavor. But to me it seemed like an expensive rubber cigarette placebo. Anyone else seen or tried these? Our local shop is about 40% less on his price then the linked website prices.

No Smokes Revolutionary Cigarette Substitute

CaptainMauzer

Oct 29, 2011
Illinois
I have no idea if it's the same brand, but I have been hearing from alot of people who buy those cheap kits from the gas sation describing it as a "mist" rather than smoke or vapor. They hated them so much that they stopped using them almost immediately. I then try to give these people a little information about some of the many e-cig vendors I do business with and they just want no part of e-cigarettes after their first encounter with these gas station models.

It's almost as if these companies want people to hate e-cigs *conspiracy theory* :evil:

Mud Stuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2011
Concord, NC
I tried a similar product several (over 20) years ago. It was a device that was the same size as a normal cigarette, and had a cotton filler that was impregnated with nicotine. It was good, but not satisfying. Like these, there was no battery. When you draw on it a fine mist was produced. I didn't find it nearly as satisfying as a cigarette, but I guess if you can't smoke and don't have a PV they might do in a pinch...

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I'm not sure where you are in Virginia, but there is an actual ecig retail location in Richmond on Midlothian Turnpike. Here is their website Smokeless cigarettes - Vapormaxx - Vapors Lounge - Tobacco alternative - e-juice - Vapors Lounge

Thanks. I am very aware of Jimi's place and been vaping over 2 years. Got my first kit from him. But I am not looking for a place to get an e-cig, I got that covered.

I am curious if anyone has had any experiences with these supposedly new product, that does not use a battery, is not an e-cig, and produces no vapor. I have one, it is my wife's. I find it interesting if it is truly a new product. I looked at the ingredients and it is citrus, niacin, and nicotine (for the one that actually has nic in it). I was looking for discussion on the No Smokes product.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Yea, he said "he knew no that had completely quit using an e-cig" ... no that no one has quit using an e-cig". He is our local smoke shop owner and been very helpful with my wife and her roll her own kit. Saves us a lot actually. He gave her the No Smokes thing to try so she could tell him what she thinks. We smoked for 30 years. Two years ago, I wanted to try e-cigs, and she tried them because I was. I have a lot of double 510 kits and screwdrivers because of that ;) But she didn't like e-cigs and I couldn't find something for her that she liked. She has a very negative approach to them now, because it "burns" her throat...

Paradox28

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Richmond, KY
Haha, I'm sure that no one who keeps coming to the smoke shop has completely quit, lol..otherwise they wouldn't be buying tobacco products still!

I don't know, though..I don't think a guy who makes his living selling tobacco is gonna sell a product that would make people quit buying his goods. I.E. I doubt it works very well, if at all.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Thanks. I am very aware of Jimi's place and been vaping over 2 years. Got my first kit from him. But I am not looking for a place to get an e-cig, I got that covered.

I am curious if anyone has had any experiences with these supposedly new product, that does not use a battery, is not an e-cig, and produces no vapor. I have one, it is my wife's. I find it interesting if it is truly a new product. I looked at the ingredients and it is citrus, niacin, and nicotine (for the one that actually has nic in it). I was looking for discussion on the No Smokes product.

Gotcha, we've probably ran into each other then as I worked Jimi's store for a year lol. Glad to hear you're doing well.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I read further and it seems that this might be a response to no-vaping zones:
Electronic cigarettes or e cigs have been a successful cigarette substitute and nicotine delivery device but have encountered legal changes from both federal and local governments. While the courts have upheld the legality of electronic cigarettes as nicotine delivery devices, because e cigs produce a vapor, non-smokers sometimes find them offensive and some localities have included electronic cigarettes (e cigs) in their smoking bans.
I also found this:
Directions: Remove No Smokes

From the re-sealable tube (DO NOT

LIGHT) and puff as smoking a cigarette
:D

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I haven't heard of the No Smokes, but I did have a customer once give me something in a tube that you just inhaled a few times. I kind of reminded me of the sensation of a pixy stick except it tasted awful.

They weren't called No Smokes though, it was something that started with an A.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread