Travel and Vaping No Vaping on a plane!!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
1. It looks like smoke.

2. Training people to be knowledgeable about Ecigs is more hassle than it's worth to the airlines.

3. Having to educate passengers as to why that guy in the back looks like he's smoking, when he's vaping takes time that flight attendants most likely wouldn't want to spend.

4. Current FDA/legislative red tape regarding the current state of Ecigs.

5. Ignorance causes problems, the less passenger problems, the better.

It's unfortunate, but smokers have already been downgraded to second-class citizens, most ecigs look just like a cigarette, almost down to pure mimicry with some. It would be nice to be able to vape on a plane, but unless you're going overseas then it's generally not that long of a flight anyways and we suffer through it like we did when we smoked analogs.

Now if we could only manage to get people to look at screaming children like smokers while on a plane... damn that crap gets annoying.

Chazzman

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2010
Seattle, WA USA
1. It looks like smoke.

2. Training people to be knowledgeable about Ecigs is more hassle than it's worth to the airlines.

3. Having to educate passengers as to why that guy in the back looks like he's smoking, when he's vaping takes time that flight attendants most likely wouldn't want to spend.

4. Current FDA/legislative red tape regarding the current state of Ecigs.

5. Ignorance causes problems, the less passenger problems, the better.

It's unfortunate, but smokers have already been downgraded to second-class citizens, most ecigs look just like a cigarette, almost down to pure mimicry with some. It would be nice to be able to vape on a plane, but unless you're going overseas then it's generally not that long of a flight anyways and we suffer through it like we did when we smoked analogs.

Now if we could only manage to get people to look at screaming children like smokers while on a plane... damn that crap gets annoying.

Yeah, that all makes sense, well kinda.
Agree with the screaming kids thang!!!

I generally fly long distance, LA to Sydney so 15 hours non stop is tough without a smoke :(
Was hoping that the airlines would be more accommodating but then again that's airlines!

bionic1

Feb 9, 2010
N/A
Their plane their rules.
nice say..
usesmiley.png
:)

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
You could probably still vape in the loo... The detectors in there sense smoke, not water vapour. (I assume...)

And in the US run the risk of being arrested by a federal air marshal since its a federal offense to smoke in the bathroom. Then spend hours and possibly bucks since you end up needing a lawyer explaining that vapor isn't smoke and so on. Probably better to not risk it.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
STEALTH VAPE
The air blower port above the seat knocks down vapor pretty good
You probably can't chain-vape, but a few hits here and there are not likely to cause concern, if you can keep the vapor from floating about.
Some of the "smoke" detectors are acutally detecting microscopic particles that interrupt a light path. In that case, your vapor MAY set it off.
I vaped on 4 planes in Feb, with no problem, and did not draw any attention to myself.
My Prodigies did draw attention at TSA security screening, however.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Yes but you can't bring a lighter on board.

Yes you can. Also no problems bringing e-cigs on board.

Also I posted this elswhere but needs repeating.

"Well whatever you do don't be vaping anything higher than 3.7v or with dual batteries. Folks around here have had their unprotected batteries vent, basically a mini explosion. Don't care if you are stealth vaping in your seat or in the bathroom, if that happens we will see you on the evening news as the "Vape Bomber".
Then game over for carrying any e-cig related items on to a plane. "

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Yes you can. Also no problems bringing e-cigs on board.

Also I posted this elswhere but needs repeating.

"Well whatever you do don't be vaping anything higher than 3.7v or with dual batteries. Folks around here have had their unprotected batteries vent, basically a mini explosion. Don't care if you are stealth vaping in your seat or in the bathroom, if that happens we will see you on the evening news as the "Vape Bomber".
Then game over for carrying any e-cig related items on to a plane. "

Nicely stated PT and thanks for reposting that.

Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread