No Vapor after Cleaning Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_H

Mar 28, 2013
USA
These cartos have been used for 2 days only. I use a blunt end syringe to push water through the cartos a few times to clean them. Then I shake off and blow out the excess water. Let them dry overnight before I fill them up. When firing the batty, I can hear the sizzling and crackling from the carto and it gets warm but no vapor production. The cartos are a mix of Kanger HC, Volt and V4L. So far only the V4L ones work after cleaning but only barely. I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
It sounds like there is still water getting to the coil. Until that water is completely gone you'll continue to get little to no vapor. Try flooding the carto and continuing with it until it bounces back. Plain PG or VG is probably best for this.

You could also try to bake them in the oven at the lowest temperature for a couple of hours.

Good luck.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
You are cleaning day too soon. I never clean cartos. use them til they are finished and replace new ones.. They are cheap enough. Top coil cargos or bottom coil like in clearnomizers are fine to rinse and do dry burns on but shouldn't need to be done after just 2 days.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Ethan_H

Mar 28, 2013
USA
Why are you cleaning cartomizers that are only 2 days old, let alone trying to clean them at all? :blink:
^^^^ What Baditude said...
You are cleaning day too soon.

Perhaps I should explain my situation better. I am new to vaping and I have bought and still am buying tons of juices from different vendors. I want to sample them as they arrive so I can compare and contrast them. As you can see, under this situation, I quickly run out of cartos to use (I have 15 of them on hand, waiting on more in mail.) So when I need to switch flavors to try, I need to clean the cartos even though they are not that old.

Question for you guys. Why and how does cleaning the cartos too soon (after 2 days of use) explain the lack of vapor production? I can understand the opposite, i.e., cleaning a carto that is "too old" may not work but why would the newness of the cartos cause the situation I am facing.

I never clean cartos. use them til they are finished and replace new ones.. They are cheap enough.
I normally don't clean them. Yes, they are cheap enough to just trash them after use. I clean them to reuse for two reasons:
  1. What I said above
  2. I am new and I am just trying out various things. Since I have read that quite a lot of people do clean and reuse their cartos, I am just trying this out - as part of the learning process.

It sounds like there is still water getting to the coil. Until that water is completely gone you'll continue to get little to no vapor. Try flooding the carto and continuing with it until it bounces back. Plain PG or VG is probably best for this.

You could also try to bake them in the oven at the lowest temperature for a couple of hours.

Good luck.
I did check that and they are pretty dry to me. I will try to dry them out longer next time to see if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
NC, USA
Makes perfect sense, I was doing this myself not long ago. As others have sort-of said, it sounds like they needed more drying time. I left mine to dry overnight set up vertical on a paper towel after 'spinning' them as hard as I could and they were still a little wet the next day, but by evening they were ok.

I tried the dripping btw, was not too impressed myself. Works fine yes, but the liquids do NOT taste the same dripped on my atomizer as they do from a good cart.

I'd just dry the carts a bit more. And/or order new ones. There's a great sale on over at bloog right now, $5/5 carts. If you havent already ordered from them I think you can get another 10% off with this Bloog - Discount Coupon as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread