Status
Not open for further replies.

blue9

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Munich, Germany
G'day all GG'ers,

1x 3.7v 18650 2500mAh fully charged

Just had my first try of my new GGTS and have put a 24mg cart on.. It makes a bit of noise like crackling and is quite a strong throat hit... Is this quite normal?
A little bit scary when toking.. thinking it may blow up...

Seems stronger than my rotten Roll ups!! Which is very surprising

Cheers for any feedback :oops:

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
G'day all GG'ers,

1x 3.7v 18650 2500mAh fully charged

Just had my first try of my new GGTS and have put a 24mg cart on.. It makes a bit of noise like crackling and is quite a strong throat hit... Is this quite normal?
A little bit scary when toking.. thinking it may blow up...

Seems stronger than my rotten Roll ups!! Which is very surprising

Cheers for any feedback :oops:

Some atties just do that. I don't think there is anything wrong. :):):)

blue9

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Munich, Germany
Nothing to worry about there Blue means you have a good atty just love that sound if you want to lower the crackle add more juice
crackle and huge throat hit = bliss..:D

Ok cool thanks..

But how does one add more juice ? there is a tiny hole.. Can not see a way to unscrew this cartridge..

I bought some juice and some 510's and 901's but the is not any cotton stuff in them... I thought this would come with them? or is it not needed?

Any one know of some videos to help out a Newbie !!

Cheers and thanks for your support ;)

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Ok cool thanks..

But how does one add more juice ? there is a tiny hole.. Can not see a way to unscrew this cartridge..

I bought some juice and some 510's and 901's but the is not any cotton stuff in them... I thought this would come with them? or is it not needed?

Any one know of some videos to help out a Newbie !!

Cheers and thanks for your support ;)

You're talking about atomizers n not cartomizers rite? Cos atomizers do come with blank carts. Well, as far as i've done experiments with cart mods i find spring mod with scotch brite scour pad works as plug best on 510 cart n straw mod with scotch brite scour pad as plug works best on 901.

Still waiting for universal atomizer compatible AFS... Imeo? :D

blue9

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Munich, Germany
Yes Sorry a bit confusing... I have a few boxes of Carts but I think when they are empty.. then I will put them in the bin...
I also have some juice and some Atomizers and yes they come apart but there is no cotton or what ever soaks up the juice in them... Does every one buy this cotton stuff separately or do you fill them with nothing in them?
Cheers again
Blue

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Ok, i'm confused now... how do you get those boxes of carts? Were they sold as spare cartridges?

As for the carts attached to the atomizers, they are indeed blanks, it's intentional and what people usually do is to dump them but i certainly won't cos what cart mod's all about is about removing the polyfill (not cotton though) and replacing it with other materials like springs, straws, foam, scour pads and such to get better liquid burning performance.

My suggestion is for you to keep those empty carts, try to do cart mod (why not browse around cart mod subforums and see what people do) and wait patiently til our beloved GG creator comes up with the Universal Atomizer Compatible AFS :D (keeps my fingers crossed)

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Yes Sorry a bit confusing... I have a few boxes of Carts but I think when they are empty.. then I will put them in the bin...
I also have some juice and some Atomizers and yes they come apart but there is no cotton or what ever soaks up the juice in them... Does every one buy this cotton stuff separately or do you fill them with nothing in them?
Cheers again
Blue

Blue, on the forum you can find all the answers around your cart/cartomiser/filler/dripping questions.

Happy hunting, we all did ;-)

SR219

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Indiana
It seems there are 2 different issues you are asking about. The first is a cartomizer, which is a one piece atomizer/cart. Those can be filled different ways. I pop the top off and fill it.

The other thing "I think" you are talking about it a standard atomizer. When new, they ship the atomizer with an empty mouth piece. Those are only there to protect the atomizer. This type you either drip a few drops on the atomizer (atty) and use it that way, OR you can buy carts. These come with the polyfil filling. You can buy them with liquid already in them, which you can refill, or buy them "blank", which means they have the filling, but no juice inside. Those you fill before using.

Hope this helps.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I'm vaping 24mg on a 3.7V (although i think with an 18650 i almost never reach 3.7 on my regular battery cycle). Like the hissing n crackling noise and long drag's a dream come true for a former analog smoker like me.

I'm just not into HV, too much burnt taste and i consider it a waste to my tasty liquids :D

My advice is to go to HV but with HV iatties. No burning taste and you will lower your nic too witch is very important Sob:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
You're talking about atomizers n not cartomizers rite? Cos atomizers do come with blank carts. Well, as far as i've done experiments with cart mods i find spring mod with scotch brite scour pad works as plug best on 510 cart n straw mod with scotch brite scour pad as plug works best on 901.

Still waiting for universal atomizer compatible AFS... Imeo? :D
I think that in about 2-3 months I will be able to do it Sob:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo, it's not that i don't want iAtties, it's more of customs issue on my side, it'll be pretty frustrating if those iAtties are getting seized. That's why i keep using regulars, as for the universal AFS, thanks for listening to us... :D

I see your problem friend, its ok. And of course I am listening to you friend, I always do this, I only do this.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread