Status
Not open for further replies.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Being the lazy guy I am, I found the following pre-made coil-wick combos.
Rebuildable Atomizer Coils With Non-Resistance Leads - Avid Vaper

Does having non-resistance leads make this better than the coil with a single piece of resistance wire? Does making it this way make it easier to build a coil of a known and repeatable resistance? If so, is that the only advantage?

I'm looking for an easy way to rebuild some vivi nova heads. I've watched the videos and taken a few apart. I'm ready to "re-new" the coils on a couple.

Thanks in advance!
Lamarr

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
With the Vivi Nova, the ends of the coil wires are 'pinched' between the center post and the silicone gasket. Using a single resistance wire end for these contact points raises the possibility of burning the gasket. Using no-resistance wire ends will eliminate (or greatly reduce) the chance of this happening.

Another option is to make the coil ends over long and fold the ends over and twist together (like the bread bag twist-ties). This decreases the resistance in the 'twisted wire legs' and reduces the chance of burning the silicone gasket.

Other rebuildable atomizers will have screws or clips to attach the coil 'legs' and with these there is no need for no-resistance wire legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread