Non-smoker wanting to start vaping as a pastime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan1997

Apr 13, 2016
Hey everyone, I'm Tristan.

I'd just like to get the opinion of you all, I'm a non-smoker and would like to get into vaping, I like the idea of it all, different flavours, the clouds, the mechanism of the e-cigs.

Although, I get the vibe that non-smokers wanting to start vaping is shunned upon, is that so?

The idea just attracts me, I like the thought of blowing smoke while listening to music or doing random activities, I know most vapers started vaping as a way to quit smoking cigarettes but is it shunned upon to have a non-smoker join in on the fun or is that just how I see it?

Thanks for reading and I await your replies, Tristan.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
viannen_01.gif

Welcome to ECF!​

pJYvGY3.gif

You are going to get a whole bunch of opinions on this.

This is a vaping forum, first and foremost. Vapers are welcome and we love to educate to make sure people vape safely.

Whatever the reason you have for vaping, that is totally up to you, as long as you are an adult, who are we to say whether or not you should be allowed to do anything.

:)

Just be aware, you will get some negative feedback. As long as those don't cross forum rules, opinions do not get deleted.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville

I'd just like to get the opinion of you all, I'm a non-smoker and would like to get into vaping, I like the idea of it all, different flavours, the clouds, the mechanism of the e-cigs.

Although, I get the vibe that non-smokers wanting to start vaping is shunned upon, is that so?

The idea just attracts me, I like the thought of blowing smoke while listening to music or doing random activities, I know most vapers started vaping as a way to quit smoking cigarettes but is it shunned upon to have a non-smoker join in on the fun or is that just how I see it?

Welcome Tristan,
Excuse my curiosity but what does 1997 symbolize ?

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA

Hi @Tristan1997 Ya reminded me of a friend's son in Austin whose name is Tristan.

Vaping will give you something to do with your hands
and is a pretty cool hobby. But as somebody above said
go for 0 nicotine. No sense getting into a stimulant you don't need or already use.

I pretty much guarantee nobody in this forum
will shun you or look down on you for either being a newb
or joining the vaping community. What you can expect here is lot's of helpful advice.

Vape On Ω
Hazy

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
First, I congratulate you on trying vaping, instead of smoking. Too many of us have fallen into that trap. While there are some uncertainties about the safety of vaping(nothing is 100% safe), it's a much better alternative. Like others have suggested, stick with 0nic. You get the best flavor out of it, anyway. I can understand how you perceive some vapers, as being against this. The majority of us are ex-smokers, and right now, we are fighting a very uphill battle for our rights to keep on vaping. We are very sensitive to anything that would put us in a bad light, towards the public. Then we see a few Never Smokers(not saying you), who get into it, for the sport of it and "the clouds, Bro". And an even smaller percentage of that group, doesn't care what kind of image they present. Do ex-smokers do this, also? Unfortunately, yes:facepalm:. We just tend to see it more, from the never-smokers group. It's just my theory, but I think it stems from never having to deal with the stigma and villianization, as we smokers did. Am I against cloud chasing? Heck no! I do it myself, I just do it respectfully. I only ask, that you do the same. Good luck in your vaping journey.:)

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I have no problem with non-smokers becoming vapers but please practice good etiquette, vaping has gotten a bad name in the eyes of politicians/the media, although it is getting better please don't vape where it is not allowed and don't blow clouds in the direction of non-smokers/vapers because I fear if vaping gets taken away from me I will return to smoking.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Please do not take offense............... this is just my way of looking at it.

Why would a Non Drinker want to start Drinking just for something to do?
You know, Not the Hard stuff like Bourbon(cigarettes), just a Few six packs of Beer a week(Vaping)

I just do not see much point in adding this as entertainment. Likely you will be shunned by many Non-smoker Friends even if you are Vaping no-nic flavorings.

Another thing you do not even realize
I like the thought of blowing smoke while listening to music or doing random activities,
This is NOT Smoking and there is no SMOKE.
Please realize there is a tremendous difference between Burning something and Boiling something - See Cooking :D
Please advise any friends with the misconception, this is not Smoke, but Vapor.

Ultimately, you must make your own choice and which ever that is, I have no investment and will not be effected by your choice. I will neither shun not support your choice to do as you see fit. You must learn to judge for yourself.

Good luck.
:)

Reactions: YoursTruli

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Good luck on your vaping journey, Tristan! I agree with the above post stating 0mg nicotine. If you have no addiction to it, why start now. ;)

Me? I'm not addicted to nicotine and I started smoking at 11 and quit 3 yrs ago at 23. Nicotine like caffeine never affected me one way or another, unless I'm stressed then they calm me down. I enjoyed the sensation of smoking but did not like all the poisons being put into my body. My fiance smoked too (he was addicted) and he was having some serious health problems associated with the stinkies. I'm talking extremely high blood pressure. So I said enough is enough. I sat him down and explained how badly he was worrying me. I asked him to stop smoking and he said yes. He was looking into gettin the patch but the price was way out there. Then we saw the cig-a-like in the gas station. After that the rest is history. That is a lot to deal with when it comes to addiction.

Sorry didn't mean to bore you with a huge wall of text. Just read up on everything you can and use all the right precautions when necessary and you will be fine. Good Luck!

Reactions: HazyShades
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread