non smokers taking up vapeing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this going on? Are non smokers getting into vapeing and justifying it by just getting 0mg or 6mg of nic?? Does that make it ok?

Id love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Ive only been vapeing 2 weeks but ive already gathered a press full of goodies ive got two egos and a twist, about 10 bottles of juice an evod, two aspire bdc minis and a .... load of ce4s and drip tips. Anyways the missus never smoked, however she keeps picking them up 'let me taste this let me taste that' i dont want to encourage it tbh, (selfishly) i would love a vapeing buddy though haha

Last edited:

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Most of us picked up cigarettes at some point in our life and became smokers. Who's to say they wouldn't have done the same except they have vaping to turn to instead......... I dunno. I'm not advocating underage vaping just saying if they are of age they are grown enough to make their own decision.

Last edited:

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I would hate for one more person to face the nicotine demon we all faced when we were smokers. I will never forget the day I realized my body was physically addicted to something, and couldn't deny it anymore. (first attempt at cold turkey.) We have what we believe to be a safer alternative, but if it were my friend, I would still probably warn against starting it at all.

On the other hand I'm not a child, and I make my own decisions. If this person is an adult, telling them they cant do it is just a step away from the antz "for the kids" argument. And I really despise the "for the kids" argument. Raise your own damn kids. don't punish me if you can't be bothered with it.

so... yep, I'm still on the fence.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
This won't be popular but...

I honestly and strongly believe that adults can and should make their own choices. Weather the were smokers or not to vape is a personal choice.

Underage vaping I have a serious gut level negative reaction to. It is not reasonable or rational in any sense of the word but when I hear of underage vaping I want to just scream NO DON'T DO IT. I can make all sorts of rationalizations for my reaction but that is what they are. After the fact rationalizations. Just being completely honest and NOT looking for a debate.

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
This won't be popular but...

I honestly and strongly believe that adults can and should make their own choices. Weather the were smokers or not to vape is a personal choice.

Underage vaping I have a serious gut level negative reaction to. It is not reasonable or rational in any sense of the word but when I hear of underage vaping I want to just scream NO DON'T DO IT. I can make all sorts of rationalizations for my reaction but that is what they are. After the fact rationalizations. Just being completely honest and NOT looking for a debate.
That seems to be the popular opinion...

I think everybody is of the same general opinion then, is that fair? Adults make there own decisions and if they wana do it why not, but keep it to the zero nic, underagers is a no no because . . . (because it just is ok!! So stop giving cheek you little ....)
Lol.
Still im on the fence myself a small bit though, i think non smokers never enjoyed the habbit of putting something to there mouth and inhaleing it into there lungs to relax and enjoy the feel of it. Isnt there something in that thats addictive in it self? And maybe , just maybe it might make the odd non smoker Think of an analogue, where as they might not ever have before

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
I think everybody is of the same general opinion then, is that fair? Adults make there own decisions and if they wana do it why not, but keep it to the zero nic, underagers is a no no because . . . (because it just is ok!! So stop giving cheek you little ....)
Lol.
Still im on the fence myself a small bit though, i think non smokers never enjoyed the habbit of putting something to there mouth and inhaleing it into there lungs to relax and enjoy the feel of it. Isnt there something in that thats addictive in it self? And maybe , just maybe it might make the odd non smoker Think of an analogue, where as they might not ever have before

I don't think they should have to keep it to zero nic if they don't want to, that's a ridiculous notion. That's like saying, if you're not already an alcoholic, only virgin drinks and non-alcoholic beers for you! I mean, I certainly wouldn't suggest that they start, but they're adults for god sake.

And underage vaping is bad for real reasons. Nicotine is an addictive substance that rewires the neural pathways in your brain, changing your behavior, causing you to become addicted to it. It's been proven time and time again that teens who become addicted to something are much less likely to quit, ever.

I think it,s Just Wrong! Vaping is a great way to quite smoking If you never smoked Don't start smoking or Vaping just my 2 cents
I heard of a 15 year old I know trying a cigalike at School I gave him the Lecture Just like I got when I was starting to Smoke
I agree with you there with regard to what you said about teens. They are more likely in my book to go from a cigalike to an analogue than an adult who might have more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread