near buffalo, NY
Last edited:

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
Like I said I am a meat eater but I like vegan products. For some it is very much a part of their belief system. So me... well I do not relish or get joy from the torture and killing of animals. I buy kosher and vegan. But It is not my way of life. Still most of the time this community is very helpful. And yet some jump at the chance to flame up on a vegan. :( Why? It is a simple question. I will ask my venders for you. All my wicks are silica, however I do not know if the companies that make the silica wicks test on animals... if that is what you are getting at.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Like I said I am a meat eater but I like vegan products. For some it is very much a part of their belief system. So me... well I do not relish or get joy from the torture and killing of animals. I buy kosher and vegan. But It is not my way of life. Still most of the time this community is very helpful. And yet some jump at the chance to flame up on a vegan. :( Why? It is a simple question. I will ask my venders for you. All my wicks are silica, however I do not know if the companies that make the silica wicks test on animals... if that is what you are getting at.

I think I might be able to answer that. I'm an x-vegan (is that even a word?).. well anyway... when I was, of course, most of my friends were also but soon became x-friends because they got radical in their rudeness and self-righteousness to the point of embarrassing me in restaurants and, god forbid, anyone they suspected or knew to be a hunter or fisherman. I won't repeat what they would say very loudly in restaurants while people were eating meat but it was way, way, way shaming. When I parted company several of us did and we never even mentioned that we were vegetarian/vegan when ordering unless absolutely necessary when the waiter didn't understand the need for alternatives. I'm diabetic now.. the actual reason I'm no longer veg... and I don't mention that to a waiter either unless I have to. Its one thing to have an ideology but quite another to wear it like a moral badge of honor. That says to everone not wearing the same badge that they're dishonorable. People don't like being shamed and any x-smoker should know that. I would think a vegan who has also been a smoker would.

Sorry, to the mods, if I said anything wrong. I don't mean to flame and it is, after all, JMHO.

Last edited:

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I think I might be able to answer that. I'm an x-vegan (is that even a word?).. well anyway... when I was, of course, most of my friends were also but soon became x-friends because they got radical in their rudeness and self-righteousness to the point of embarrassing me in restaurants and, god forbid, anyone they suspected or knew to be a hunter or fisherman. I won't repeat what they would say very loudly in restaurants while people were eating meat but it was way, way, way shaming. When I parted company several of us did and we never even mentioned that we were vegetarian/vegan when ordering unless absolutely necessary when the waiter didn't understand the need for alternatives. I'm diabetic now.. the actual reason I'm no longer veg... and I don't mention that to a waiter either unless I have to. Its one thing to have an ideology but quite another to wear it like a moral badge of honor. That says to everone not wearing the same badge that they're dishonorable. People don't like being shamed and any x-smoker should know that. I would think a vegan who has also been a smoker would.

Sorry, to the mods, if I said anything wrong. I don't mean to flame and it is, after all, JMHO.

Well I guess I have know types like that too. I try not to associate with anyone who is rude and unsavory. The family and friends I have now do not hold it against others who eat meat. So I guess it kinda slipped my mind that some of them do tend to have a holier then tho outlook. But in my quest to be the best person I can be I am just as nice and maybe nicer to rude people. I mean we all have our moments... but for the most part I try to be. And this is why, they do recognize they are being rude/ insensitive or whatever the case may be and apologize. Not always but most of the time. That is also why you tip a bad waiter extra good. They will notice. When you come back the next time you will get STELLAR service. I can almost guarantee it 100% of the time. My husband and I get free food/ drinks all the time. ;)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Yeh, I've seen it demonstrated by scientists. Even in another room a plant being electrically monitored reacts when you light a lighter with thoughts of going into the plant's room. It was astounding. They reacted positively to soothing music and the same way they did to fire when hard rock was played. Very interesting experiments. I do know my plants (an abundance of them) do better if I talk to them, or at least think of them fondly, as I water and I learned that from my Grandmother who had a "green thumb." I know it sounds really stupid but come pruning day or when I take of spent leaves, I actually tell them I'm doing it to help them.:oops: I think eventually plants having "feelings" will be recognized the same way animals having them has. When I was growing up scientists said they didn't have them... I always knew they were wrong and now most people would disagree with them unlike back then.

They should have used rap.I find that far more offensive than hard rock any day of the week :)

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
well, i know beeswax wouldn't work anyway, but what's non-vegan about it? Silk is vegan, but gives off deadly gasses when burned. Go with bamboo.

ermehgerd silk comes out of bug's asses, poor bugs.

I can't believe this thread is still going. I really think he is trolling us, now.

Don't feed the troll, guise. Even if it only eats tofu and spaghetti squash

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
ermehgerd silk comes out of bug's asses, poor bugs.
I can't believe this thread is still going. I really think he is trolling us, now.
Don't feed the troll, guise. Even if it only eats tofu and spaghetti squash
I'm also not sure
images

But thread is still funny to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread