None of my juices have any flavor...and I think it my fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackstand Johnny

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Virginia, USA
The past week I've been gaping off an eGio Twist VV 1100 may with both the ego tank it came with and a Kangertech protank II mini. Before I stepped up my game a little while was gaping with a DSE 901-T with a low resistance atomizer. Since I got my Twist I have been gaping exclusively with vapor troll juices.

I have tried several of their flavors, all of them with 24 mg of nicotine and a 70\30 pg\vg blend. I've tried cherry tart, raspberry tart, black honey tobacco, lemonade and pina colada. The only difference I've noticed is some taste more burnt or metallic or gross than others. The juices taste like nothing at best.

I've adjusted my voltage and anything past 4 volts is just too harsh and burnt to stand let alone enjoy. Even turned all the way down I still get no flavor. Also for the record I drink only water, the juices have been breathing and steeping for a few days and I had the same kind of issues with my old setup before I knew about steeping or any of that.

So what's my problem? Is it just too much nicotine? I touched the actual coil element of the coil when I installed it. Is that bad? I'm lost here. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I still prefer gaping over reap cigarettes but I feel like I'm missing out on all this flavor that everyone else seems to be enjoying. I am waiting on some highly acclaimed juices such as cuttwood unicorn milk( new clear batch) as well as some crypto juicology chupacabra and a butterscotch and black cherry from yaeliq to arrive but until then I'd really appreciate some insight as to what my problem is. Thank you very much in advance.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The past week I've been gaping off an eGio Twist VV 1100 may with both the ego tank it came with and a Kangertech protank II mini. Before I stepped up my game a little while was gaping with a DSE 901-T with a low resistance atomizer. Since I got my Twist I have been gaping exclusively with vapor troll juices.

I have tried several of their flavors, all of them with 24 mg of nicotine and a 70\30 pg\vg blend. I've tried cherry tart, raspberry tart, black honey tobacco, lemonade and pina colada. The only difference I've noticed is some taste more burnt or metallic or gross than others. The juices taste like nothing at best.

I've adjusted my voltage and anything past 4 volts is just too harsh and burnt to stand let alone enjoy. Even turned all the way down I still get no flavor. Also for the record I drink only water, the juices have been breathing and steeping for a few days and I had the same kind of issues with my old setup before I knew about steeping or any of that.

So what's my problem? Is it just too much nicotine? I touched the actual coil element of the coil when I installed it. Is that bad? I'm lost here. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I still prefer gaping over reap cigarettes but I feel like I'm missing out on all this flavor that everyone else seems to be enjoying. I am waiting on some highly acclaimed juices such as cuttwood unicorn milk( new clear batch) as well as some crypto juicology chupacabra and a butterscotch and black cherry from yaeliq to arrive but until then I'd really appreciate some insight as to what my problem is. Thank you very much in advance.

It very well could be that dread vapor tongue; I've only struggled with it a little, but I've heard that some people have recurring bouts of it. You didn't say how long since you smoked...? That could be an issue; apparently smokers' tastebuds are more than a little deadened, and in just 3 wks of not smoking, I've noticed that a lot of foods do seem to taste different, even a lot better in some cases.

Does the vaping strike you in any way differently, after eating? Because that's when I notice the most flavor and LOTS more throat hit; that was really what convinced me I could make this work, because I was certain that the after-meal smokes would be the hardest to eliminate, but they turned out to be the easiest.

Also, if you can stand it at all, you might try an even higher percentage of PG; I've heard it carries taste better and gives better throat hit, and my own experience would bear that out -- the place I get my regular PG-blend Virginia (85% PG) was out of stock, so I had to get their VG-blend Virginia (85% VG), and I found it similar, but with somewhat less taste, and too soft a throat hit. When I got the PG-blend again, suddenly I could really taste it again.

The thing I use when my regular vape seems to lose flavor is Halo's Kringle's Curse, strong peppermint. It seems to help a lot, to kick my tastebuds back to life.

Andria

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
You might try different juice vendors. I got a bunch of different "sampler-size" juices from one vendor and had exactly the same experience. Couldn't really taste any difference between them; they were all pretty much tasteless. Tried other vendors and found (over time) some good flavors that almost always please.

Touching the coil won't hurt anything (unless you happen to be firing it at the time!! ;-)

Still, although there are now many juices I like, I've never had what I would call a "Taste explosion". It's not like eating food; the flavors (at least for me) are much subtler; subtler even than the scent of a burning scented candle. I also found that it took a while to get my taste buds back; I can now enjoy some juices that didn't seem to have much flavor when I started vaping.

Good luck!

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
agree with the above poster, i bought some in a pinch from my local B&M...same thing 5 diff flavors and no taste and it seemed thin to me compared to other juices....i did notice their Juice case was sitting in direct sunlight, maybe this had something to do w/it, never again.....been making my own since and i can flavor/PG & VG to any percentage i want...this is where it's at for me...tastes good!

Jackstand Johnny

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Virginia, USA
sorry for the lack of info. I used to smoke a LOT till I was 21. Then I started back up a couple years ago and until about a week ago I was up to a pack and a half a day. Im using 18mg nicotine 60/40 PG/VG blend form Vaportroll. I've been bursinhg my teeth and tongue several times a day now and I can taste everything else just fine.

Jackstand Johnny

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Virginia, USA
Another thing. Im srtil pretty new to this and Im wondering if maybe Im not priming my tanks properly? Is it possible to be getting pretty big clouds of vapor but still not actually vaping juice?I mean, I do have to refill my tanks so I am getting something but should I be directly applying juice to the wicks before I start going at it so to speak? can there be THAT much vapor from a dry hit? It does usually taste a little burnt or metallic if I taste anything at all. A tiny bit sweet someties at best. Can someone tell me the most thorough way to prime both a top coil and a BDC tank? Thanks in advance.

I am still very new so I won't be able to answer your question but.... I typed in prime top coil into you tube. If any of those don't answer your questions, maybe type something else in the search bar. It would probably be a bit difficult to type out a comprehensive answer without being to wordy / hard to follow. If you tube doesn't work for you, I am sure that there is a blogger out there somewhere who was up for the challenge. :)

prime top coil - YouTube

Good Luck,
No Nic Chick

I've seen other people on here that have not been informed that they have to change the coil occasionally and this makes me a little miffed at the vape shops where they are getting their things. The vape shops need to be informing new Vapers about basic maintenance stuff like this. Sometimes someone will post that their ecig isn't working right anymore, and after some discussion it will come to light that they've been vaping on the same coil for 2 months and the vape shop never told them it's disposable. Gah!

What all you can or need to be doing is sort of dependent on what you've got. I just got an aspire bdc a few days ago to see if it's something I'd recommend. I haven't really explored it fully, so I don't know if you can dry burn them yet. Many clearomizers can be dry burned, which is where you expose the coil and pulse the battery until the coil glows. This burns off the crusted caramelized gunk on the coil and refreshes it. Like I said, I don't know if this can be done with the aspire bdc coils. They look like they'd be kind of hard to disassemble.

However, rinsing the coil or soaking it overnight in water will go a long way towards cleaning it up. It won't get as clean as a dry burn will, but it will probably extend the life of the coil quite a bit.

If you don't feel like doing any cleaning of coils, you can just replace the coil with a fresh one. How often this needs to be done depends on a few factors such as the type of juice you are using and your personal preference as to how gunked up of a coil you can tolerate.

In the aspire coils, I believe the wick is down inside the coil head.

Found this on another thread... hopefully it helped a little. Shout out to Spazmelda!!

Jackstand Johnny

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Virginia, USA
Thank you for that info. I actually just replaced the coil with a new one that came with my nautilus take AMD still no cjhamge . actually I can't say that. It was tasting a little metallic and burnt and now its not...it also still doesn't taste like anything.

Sometimes, very seldomly I can almost taste it as I French inhale out my mouth and into my nose but Tue taste immediately goes away. Its really the smell and not the taste. This is very discouraging. Im starting to feel pretty stupid for diving into all this stuff head first.

I still enjoy gaping and I still definitely need my nicotine fix but I really envy those of you who are enjoying the whole...ya know, " tasting" all the great juices out there.

Jackstand Johnny

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Virginia, USA
I am still very new so I won't be able to answer your question but.... I typed in prime top coil into you tube. If any of those don't answer your questions, maybe type something else in the search bar. It would probably be a bit difficult to type out a comprehensive answer without being to wordy / hard to follow. If you tube doesn't work for you, I am sure that there is a blogger out there somewhere who was up for the challenge. :)

prime top coil - YouTube

Good Luck,
No Nic Chick

Thank you for that! Its funny you posted THAT video in particular because I actually stumbled upon the same one last high when I was searching for answers on this lol.got a little distracted by the person in the video but I got the most. I tried it last night on my CE5 butr couldn't even get to the coil its all screwed on so tight! I tried to use a pair of channel locks and vice grips but stopped once I squished the base out of round and scratched the plastic tank.

Anyways O also have an I clear 30 and presoaked the socks before letting it all prime on its own and still nothing. I'm 99% sure its not my equipment and it IS my body. One more thing to add to the long list of medical issues.

Anyone know if vapor fatigue can be related to PTSD, prescription pain meds, traumatic accidents or the like? I lost my left leg in a motorcycle crash in late 2012 as well as crushed my pelvis, broke my left hip, my left wrist and severed my left pinky. O have lots of titanium pins, screws and plates in my body. Could any of that be linked to not being able to taste e juices?

I know that may sound like a stupid question but I'm out of ideas here. Could this all be psychosomatic? Thank yall for all your help.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
Try a couple different juice vendors. I know that some vendors like Mt. Baker Vapor allows you to order juice with extra flavor shots and so forth.

Not sure if you're already doing this, but one of the first things I learned when vaping, was the inhale was much different than a drag on a cigarette. In a cigarette, your drag is a short full lung inhale. In vaping, the inhale is not quite as full powered and should be a longer drag. I take anywhere from 3 to 10 sec drags. The long drags are the most flavorful. When I forget and drag it like a cigarette, I still get vape, but don't taste a thing.

Also, I learned with vaping, since the nic is coming at you in the form of vapor, taking it into your lungs is actually not the best way to get the nic in your system. Your lungs are designed to absorb air molecules, around 0.1 microns. The vapor nic is better absorbed through your mouth and nose, which can absorb larger molecules like a 1 micron molecular vapor.

I am having the exact same issue. All of my juice has tons of smell and almost no favor at all. I have steeped for a week and a half at least. Most have 2+weeks on them. Atty is new and I am even using a RDA now too. No change. I can taste a bit of flavor. Just enough to get an idea of what it is supposed to be. But if you plugged my nose so I couldn't smell it too......I would most likely taste nothing. The only flavors I can reliably get a good vape on are really strong cinnamon and mint flavors. I was almost knocked over by my cherry juice's smell but it had no flavor at all. (Really bummed over that one. I love me some cherry goodness)

I also taste everything else fine. I tried a "real" cig yesterday and didn't make it past the third drag. How did I ever smoke a pack a day of those things? So, at least analogs gross me out again now. I have decided to stick to the unflavored juice I have for a few days and see if I killed my taste with all that glorious cinnamon fireball. We shall see. I hope that's all it is. I placed another sample order with extra flavor. Maybe that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread