Noob -- Disappointed with my eliquids...no throat hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to ecigs and vaping -- got a cig-a-like from Zerocig 2 months ago and just LOVED IT! I just loved the pre-filled cartomizer flavors, but found it getting costly. I seemed to be going through 2-3 cartomizers a day...I just purchased a Kanger Evod and some various eliquids, and almost none are giving me the same hit as the Zerocig pre-filled cartos. I'm totally bummed out.

I tried some Vapure liquids, which is 50pg/50vg, absolutely NO throat hit, and not much flavor. The Vapure clove flavor has some throat hit and the flavor is pretty good, though.

I just received today some juice from Red Dragon Vapors -- I got their 80pg/20vg blend with the hope of a strong throat hit, and it's not much better! I even refilled some of my spent cartos with this new liquids, and there is not much difference than the Evod...

The Evod kit came with 2.5 ohm coils -- does this make a difference??

Any thoughts are appreciated!

you don't say what you are using ...... is it a vv/vw? if so, simply increase the voltage or wattage until you reach a balance of flavor to throat hit that suits you.

If you aren't using a vv/vw mod I don't know what to say (because saying go out and buy one makes me sound like a flaming "patoot" elitist)

I have a non-variable Evod...

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
We've all been there, don't lose heart. With so many products and vendors, there's naturally going to be a sort of 'disappointment curve' until you find what's just right. The only real guarantee is to get higher pg blends, but even within 80/20 mixtures there will just be some flavors and vendors whose liquids will hit harder.

We've all been there, don't lose heart. With so many products and vendors, there's naturally going to be a sort of 'disappointment curve' until you find what's just right. The only real guarantee is to get higher pg blends, but even within 80/20 mixtures there will just be some flavors and vendors whose liquids will hit harder.

Thanks Camden: You're right, of course...I should probably just go ahead and find a shop with a tasting bar -- I get easily frustrated!

j3illy

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
MA
I should probably just go ahead and find a shop with a tasting bar -- I get easily frustrated!
That's what I've been doing at the nearby shop. But there's no nicotine in the samples, which is a BIG part of the throat hit as someone said. It's nice to see if you like it or not, but you're not tasting the final product. I've gotten the best throat hits from a Tiger's Blood flavor, and Mountain Dew.

That's what I've been doing at the nearby shop. But there's no nicotine in the samples, which is a BIG part of the throat hit as someone said. It's nice to see if you like it or not, but you're not tasting the final product. I've gotten the best throat hits from a Tiger's Blood flavor, and Mountain Dew.

No nicotine at a tasting bar? Hmmm...didn't know that! Well, it still may be my best bet, as I have "wasted" about $20 already!

You definitely need to buy new coils. The 2.5 ohm coils are probably 90% of the issue here. Even with VV/Vw, Kangers 2.5 ohm coils do not do much. You need to go buy some that are at least 1.8 ohm. 2.5 ohms don't really do much at the voltage of a non VV battery. It is not your juice, it is the coil.

Thanks Mike: My Kanger Evod is not variable voltage -- it is a 3.7 volt 650mah battery...the kit comes with a 2.5ohm installed...

I'm new to ecigs and vaping -- got a cig-a-like from Zerocig 2 months ago and just LOVED IT! I just loved the pre-filled cartomizer flavors, but found it getting costly. I seemed to be going through 2-3 cartomizers a day...I just purchased a Kanger Evod and some various eliquids, and almost none are giving me the same hit as the Zerocig pre-filled cartos. I'm totally bummed out.

I tried some Vapure liquids, which is 50pg/50vg, absolutely NO throat hit, and not much flavor. The Vapure clove flavor has some throat hit and the flavor is pretty good, though.

I just received today some juice from Red Dragon Vapors -- I got their 80pg/20vg blend with the hope of a strong throat hit, and it's not much better! I even refilled some of my spent cartos with this new liquids, and there is not much difference than the Evod...

The Evod kit came with 2.5 ohm coils -- does this make a difference??

Any thoughts are appreciated!

I went through same thing when I started. Unfortunately after trial and error I have found what I like. Found the line of juices by accident and I am on my 4th device went from an Ego, evic, tesla to a mechanical Nemisis with a kfun lite plus.
Tried a bunch of atomizers and cartomizers. I realized Rebuildables are the way to go. You might try a cheap rba dripper like igo w. Flavor is great, clouds of vapor and hits hard. Watch some reviews on juice, tanks, and mods it can help narrow things down a bit. Kanger protank ll is probably the most reliable inexpensive tank I have used. Just some thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Do try a lower ohm coil 1.8 makes a huge difference on non variable evods. Cinnamon and mint add TH to juices. Hitting a B&M with a tasting bar is a good way to find what does or doesn't do it for you. Try steeping the flavors that seem weak. Sometimes they just need some time to mature.

Thanks Mrs C:
What do you mean when you say "a lower ohm coil 1.8 makes a huge difference on non variable evods"... what kind of difference? I'm looking for a strong flavor and a strong throat hit....I'm actually using a new menthol juice right now, and the flavor is pretty good and the throat hit is moderate...

I've read about steeping as well -- I just frustrates me to buy something and have to wait a week or two to discover if I like it or not! Ugg!

Bjorn218

Nov 13, 2013
Texas
Not sure if you mentioned it above, but what is the nicotine strength you are vaping? When I started, vaping with an Evod, I was using 18mg strength juice. It gave a nice throat hit, but since I have a tendency to chain vape, I lowered my nic strength to 12mg. I lost the throat hit, but I am able to fall asleep at night. You might just need to raise your nicotine strength to get your throat hit.

I agree with the others about your coil resistance though. The Evods really shine when you use the 1.8ohm heads. Sometimes the 2.2 works depending on the juice, but the 2.5ohm always felt like hitting air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread