Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I both agree and I don’t. Wait, that’s not accurate. I agree, but I don’t like doing it. Coil cartridge tanks are more expensive and annoying than RDAs. It bothers me that I have to recommend an inferior product to someone. Yes the numbers are printed on the side. Yes they require no tools. They ARE simpler. The step up to RDAs is such a small one though. If a person is comfortable with tools and numbers it should be OK for them to make the larger step. No, that larger step is not for everyone it is true. But it’s not for no one either.

I agree, some folks get right to it and never look back. We all have to find our grove, in our own way, our own time. I never talk people out of building anymore than I’d talk them into it if they’re not ready and willing. I just meant to say, if it’s too difficult at first, not to stress.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Hey guys
I got a Vaporesso switcher with Zeus RTA , I started vaping on the NRG Tank and it was great that I haven’t smoked since , after it’s coils burnt and because they r expensive here and don’t last long I switched to Zeus RTA.
I already asked for advice here about this tank but I give up . It’s impossible to wick and I tried everything I found online . Maybe it’s bad piece I got or maybe my wicking but it can’t be that unforgiving . It’s not rocket science .
Can your please advice me what to buy to replace this ? Some rda or RTA with balanced flavor /clouds and most importantly easier to wick and doesn’t have to be perfect to use

The worst part is that if I was to recommend an easy RTA, I would say the Zeus as it's probaly one of the easiest RTAs I've seen in a while... get the coil in, then put the wick in and drop the feeds as you prime it, screw the top on and good to go.

I'd rather work with you to see where the problem lies instead of making you buy another tank as the Zeus is an excellent RTA.

How are you building it, the materials, approach, etc.? You say "impossible" but don't state what the actual problem is.

You didn't say if you're using the single or dual coil Zeus

My approach: I use temp. control mode, and it's the single coil one.

Coil is SS at a 3mm diameter, several wraps so to fill the deck in a proper way and give me about 0.5 to 0.7 ohms.

Position is for the coil to be slightly high, a tiny bit higher than the airflow so that the airflow can be pulled under and around the coil and not skimming the top.

Wicking: Cotton, enough to be a little bit firm in the coil, then trim the legs (tips of the wick that's going down) at an angle so that it's near full thickness as it touches the top of the deck, but tappers from the inside to being thinner for what's going inside the liquid feed "dent". I prime it to hold it's shape for placement so that it'll stay in place as I screw the top of the tank on it. With rayon, a bit more dense for inside the coil but the rest is the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The worst part is that if I was to recommend an easy RTA, I would say the Zeus as it's probaly one of the easiest RTAs I've seen in a while... get the coil in, then put the wick in and drop the feeds as you prime it, screw the top on and good to go.

I'd rather work with you to see where the problem lies instead of making you buy another tank as the Zeus is an excellent RTA.

How are you building it, the materials, approach, etc.? You say "impossible" but don't state what the actual problem is.

Coil is SS at a 3mm diameter, several wraps so to fill the deck in a proper way and give me about 0.5 to 0.7 ohms.

Position is for the coil to be slightly high, a tiny bit higher than the airflow so that the airflow can be pulled under and around the coil and not skimming the top.

Wicking: Cotton, enough to be a little bit firm in the coil, then trim the legs (tips of the wick that's going down) at an angle so that it's near full thickness as it touches the top of the deck, but tappers from the inside to being thinner for what's going inside the liquid feed "dent". I prime it to hold it's shape for placement so that it'll stay in place as I screw the top of the tank on it. With rayon, a bit more dense for inside the coil but the rest is the same.

If your first RTA is more difficult the easier every other RTA becomes in the future and common problems are common indeed however, I've seen a Zeus discussion thread though and it seems a problem for many people even long time builders so i questioned how good an RTA it is though..

Is that incorrect? Is it really a good RTA?

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
If your first RTA is more difficult the easier every other RTA becomes in the future and common problems are common indeed however, I've seen a Zeus discussion thread though and it seems a problem for many people even long time builders so i questioned how good an RTA it is though..

Is that incorrect? Is it really a good RTA?
I think that it's a case that many learn to do a single approach with many RTAs, and then they hit something new and they assumed that it's the RTAs' fault.

And I'll be blunt, I've seen many "old timers", and lots of videos from "experts" that simply makes me want to walk away from my computer. It's the old truth that some are born with talent, others learn through experience, and some simply stick with what they know. It's like, everyone can buy an expensive camera and take pictures that are as good as the camera can take, but it takes a true photographer to make the camera take a picture as good as he can do it.

For the Zeus, I got the RTA, opened the box, looked at it, and well, first time I built it, I had to study how it was built, but the basics were quite "standard".

The design is quite similar to the Serpent from Wotofo, where the "hard part" is getting a proper coil in it and positioning it, which, after I closed and tested, re-opened and adjusted and it's been great. Wicking it has to be the simplest design there is... pass through the coil, snip the tips at an angle, prime and push them down into the side wells, no holes to get them in, nothing, just fold them over and close the tank.

In terms of how good it is.. it's much better than the Ammit and Kylin.

For both flavour and ease of built, the Zeus is a joy, so much so that I've already ordered a second one, as the first one is with my wife that uses it as her main go-to tank now and when I asked her opinion, she'd trade all her other tanks for the Zeus.

It's main fault is that they should have made it a bit taller to increase it's liquid capacity as it's fairly limited and requires constant refilling. I believe that they did an expansion kit for the dual but skipped the single, which sucks.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think that it's a case that many learn to do a single approach with many RTAs, and then they hit something new and they assumed that it's the RTAs' fault.

And I'll be blunt, I've seen many "old timers", and lots of videos from "experts" that simply makes me want to walk away from my computer. It's the old truth that some are born with talent, others learn through experience, and some simply stick with what they know. It's like, everyone can buy an expensive camera and take pictures that are as good as the camera can take, but it takes a true photographer to make the camera take a picture as good as he can do it.

For the Zeus, I got the RTA, opened the box, looked at it, and well, first time I built it, I had to study how it was built, but the basics were quite "standard".

The design is quite similar to the Serpent from Wotofo, where the "hard part" is getting a proper coil in it and positioning it, which, after I closed and tested, re-opened and adjusted and it's been great. Wicking it has to be the simplest design there is... pass through the coil, snip the tips at an angle, prime and push them down into the side wells, no holes to get them in, nothing, just fold them over and close the tank.

In terms of how good it is.. it's much better than the Ammit and Kylin.

For both flavour and ease of built, the Zeus is a joy, so much so that I've already ordered a second one, as the first one is with my wife that uses it as her main go-to tank now and when I asked her opinion, she'd trade all her other tanks for the Zeus.

It's main fault is that they should have made it a bit taller to increase it's liquid capacity as it's fairly limited and requires constant refilling. I believe that they did an expansion kit for the dual but skipped the single, which

I agree with you very much.. your quite right.

There's been a couple people here and there that I thought in theory the Zeus would be good for but I shied away from tthe suggestion.

Next time ill just tag you since you have experience with it..

Thanks for the information.. for real.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I agree with you very much.. your quite right.

There's been a couple people here and there that I thought in theory the Zeus would be good for but I shied away from tthe suggestion.

Next time ill just tag you since you have experience with it..

Thanks for the information.. for real.
No problem.

On a similar note: My personal go-to newest tank now, if you're interested, is the Aromamizer Supreme V2.

Now if you want a tank with just insane airflow, basically everything that is good with an RDA , but with a tank on top of it, this is one to have. Heck, it's a better airflow than all my RDAs. They quote it as an RDTA, but I find that it's not that accurate for a description, it's more a "convertible tank"... something that's simply quite special.

It's difficulty level is fairly high with this one, the wicking is challenging, they simply made the slots of the liquid feed, and the holes on the deck that the liquids gets in, simply too small I find.. your wick doesn't just soak and wick, it needs to pull fairly hard on the liquid... I've yet to master it just yet, but once I get it going, this is the tank to beat for me.

And all that said, the beautiful thing about it is the exchangeable decks... I got 3 of them, between that and that it's such a versatile tank, I'm still having fun testing it out 2 months later. It also has a 8ml adapter kit (longer chimney and 2 glass tanks) that I've yet to take out of the box.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
No problem.

On a similar note: My personal go-to newest tank now, if you're interested, is the Aromamizer Supreme V2.

Now if you want a tank with just insane airflow, basically everything that is good with an RDA , but with a tank on top of it, this is one to have. Heck, it's a better airflow than all my RDAs. They quote it as an RDTA, but I find that it's not that accurate for a description, it's more a "convertible tank"... something that's simply quite special.

It's difficulty level is fairly high with this one, the wicking is challenging, they simply made the slots of the liquid feed, and the holes on the deck that the liquids gets in, simply too small I find.. your wick doesn't just soak and wick, it needs to pull fairly hard on the liquid... I've yet to master it just yet, but once I get it going, this is the tank to beat for me.

And all that said, the beautiful thing about it is the exchangeable decks... I got 3 of them, between that and that it's such a versatile tank, I'm still having fun testing it out 2 months later. It also has a 8ml adapter kit (longer chimney and 2 glass tanks) that I've yet to take out of the box.

I may send my son your way.. lol. Been thinking of getting my son one of those Steamcrave's... likely wait til the next gift giving holiday.. but it's totally his style.

I'll message you if he has any difficulty with it..

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I may send my son your way.. lol. Been thinking of getting my son one of those Steamcrave's... likely wait til the next gift giving holiday.. but it's totally his style.

I'll message you if he has any difficulty with it..

Alrighty.. sounds good.

The 30mm version (the plus) is simply too big for my taste as I don't believe that I have more than maybe 1 or 2 mods that wold handle without overhang, but a few people I know that have it, swear by them due to the larger decks.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Alrighty.. sounds good.

The 30mm version (the plus) is simply too big for my taste as I don't believe that I have more than maybe 1 or 2 mods that wold handle without overhang, but a few people I know that have it, swear by them due to the larger decks.

Yeah the 30mm is the one I'm getting him, he needs both the deck size and the capacity..

He also needs a mod that just plugs in.. hahaha..

But yeah I wasn't sure which was which without looking it up again.. oh well. :)

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
IIt hasn't been getting much love here but the Horus RTA has become one of my all day drivers right next to the Zeus. Super easy to build, very forgiving and the flavor and vapor production is very nice.

Just great.. I already have 3 new tanks in the mail, and now you got me interested in yet another. My budget is being killed by the vaping world.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly, I don't know much about your RTA so I can't say how hard or not hard it is. I will say that I am glad I STARTED with drop in coils first, they are much easier to manage.

I will also say, since it's unclear what is "impossible" that maybe watching a youtube review (not so much for the opinion of the reviewer, but how to build it) may be helpful. I do that with all my new equipment.

Also, rebuilding isn't difficult once you know what you are doing. You may or may not have an easer time with another RTA, but you want to make sure you have the skills and equipment necessary. I did not find RTAs to be easy at all, compared to some other types of vaping, but I did make sure I learned researched, and got the necessary tools for success. The rebuildble FORUM may be of use to you in that regard. Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

You might try checking out some of the popular posts and pinned materials and etc. I am fairly confident that you may be able to get your RTA working-- with enough TIME and PRACTICE. That part can be hard and take a while, I'd recommend getting more information and education on building, and get a drop in tank in the meantime. Your first RTA may not wind up as your FAVORITE RTA, but I'd say work on getting it built first, so that you'll have more success moving forward.

Best of luck,

Anna

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
While I am doing okay with RDAs and RTAs, as many here are, I would not recommend them to a newer vaper.

It’s not rocket science, right, but there’s a learning curve to vaping in and of itself. To be frank, I don’t have my Zeus yet, the dual is in the way, but people here who do have them are not saying they’re hard to wick. I can’t see them being any more difficult than any other RBA. And that’s coming from a perspective of having a couple kind of tricky ones, which are still far from impossible, and easy to find YouTube videos to see how they’re done.

Just saying, if you’re having trouble wicking a Zeus, I don’t know what to recommend that would be much easier. A Pulse 24, maybe, but the wicking is still the hard part...

And I find it frustrating that people are kind of lead to believe they need to jump right on in to building.

I’m sure you’ll get it figured out, sooner or later, but don’t think that’s what you absolutely have to do right now, okay? There’s no shame in drop ins.
I get what u saying , today I managed to get my first ok wick , it isn’t amazing but It’s ok . If I knew that it’s not easy i d have not went direct to building but as am already here and don’t wanna spend on more devices I’ll just keep trying till I master it

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
Honestly, I don't know much about your RTA so I can't say how hard or not hard it is. I will say that I am glad I STARTED with drop in coils first, they are much easier to manage.

I will also say, since it's unclear what is "impossible" that maybe watching a youtube review (not so much for the opinion of the reviewer, but how to build it) may be helpful. I do that with all my new equipment.

Also, rebuilding isn't difficult once you know what you are doing. You may or may not have an easer time with another RTA, but you want to make sure you have the skills and equipment necessary. I did not find RTAs to be easy at all, compared to some other types of vaping, but I did make sure I learned researched, and got the necessary tools for success. The rebuildble FORUM may be of use to you in that regard. Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

You might try checking out some of the popular posts and pinned materials and etc. I am fairly confident that you may be able to get your RTA working-- with enough TIME and PRACTICE. That part can be hard and take a while, I'd recommend getting more information and education on building, and get a drop in tank in the meantime. Your first RTA may not wind up as your FAVORITE RTA, but I'd say work on getting it built first, so that you'll have more success moving forward.

Best of luck,

Anna
Thank u , I’m convinced now it’s not the tank but me :) I ll just invest more time and try to master it

Mowish83

May 26, 2018

It’s a single coil , I used premade fused Clapton and get just under 0.4 ohm . Pretty much same coil position and wicking . What drive me crazy that my friend has the exact tank and on same mod using same coil and juice ( he is the one got me into vaping ) , he can Vape this at 45-55 with no problems , he is living in another country so I can’t get him to see what am doing wrong thou . On pics he says all looks good

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thank u , I’m convinced now it’s not the tank but me :) I ll just invest more time and try to master it

Awesome! You’ll get it, I know you will. YouTube it. That’s what I do with every new rta and rda. Somebody out there has done it and got it working, and he/she is no smarter or more talented than we are - just more experienced. You got this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread