The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

[noob] Help Me order please, Spend my money on a Provari and ???

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by naturecannon, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. naturecannon

naturecannon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    I have an itaste vv3, iclear16b, Aero tank and a PT2. Plus a few evods I have been using at work. 15 days new to vaping as its keeping me from the nasty smoking things.

Anyways I am not very Familiar with the Provari so I want to have the correct extensions, adapters, batterys, charger and popular stuff to go with it that works dependably well!! etc. I would also like the option to maybe drip (not very familar with the term yet, just got my wife a Vamo V5 at local vape shop and she just drips a few drops of liquid on wick and shes cooking) I work construction so i cant be doing that all the time but weekends and evenings for sure. That method looks easier for rebuilding coils anyways.

So Am going to get a Black Mini with Bottom extension. What do I need to drip? Want to order as much as possible from provari, extenders, caps whatever. If I have to .......will get other stuff elsewhere. Money is no object but then again I do want to order one of those $140 tanks either (would wake missing nuts and then some) :ohmy:

If you were me and had $400 what would you buy for the ultimate setup?? ANYbody want to help so I dont miss anything, or miss something i may really need and WANT? Order going in tonight or tomorrow, appreciate the help!

2. naturecannon

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Cant edit my post but want to add I am not interested in the stealths. Any other place to buy the Provaris where they maybe be ready in stock and with selection of more goodies?

3. Requiem33

Requiem33 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Get a provari direct from provape unless you get a good deal. You can get the batteries, charger etc from them. There are so many different toppers (tanks and drippers) to choose from you'll probably buy several until you find the setup you really like.

From the sound of it you are still kinda new to things so I would wait and do some more research before getting into rebuilding (just my opinion) as there are safety issues that need to be understood and fully understood before going into that.

4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
  5. pants-commander

pants-commander Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Ann Arbor
    since you are working construction I assume you work longer days. You probably want to vape all day at work without having to swap batteries. I'd go with full size and 18650 extension. Something with a large capacity tank, nautilus is a pretty big tank, but the exposed glass could prove to be problematic in your field of work. The Kayfun lite plus holds a decent amount of juice and is extremely easy to build and fill on the go. I work in a machine/grinding shop for 10+ hours a day and provari, 18650, kayfun lite plus is my daily driver.

6. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Agreed - get the ProVari from Provape. Even worth looking at the "clearance" page for a few bucks off, and they're near perfect or perfect.
    For dripping, I'd suggest TRY IT with something inexpensive like an IGO. Those are good to learn coils and wick, and then if you are hooked on drippers, get a Dripper Pro, made for the ProVari (mine is on the way).

For other toppers, look around - there are a few threads here featuring our favorites!
    But ProVape doesn't carry most of those - so if you decide "I want a carto tank" or "I want a Kayfun" - you'll have to get those somewhere else!

7. TFL!

TFL! Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Chatfield, MN, USA
    Would recommend at least Two batteries that fit the Provari that you get. Mini with extension 18500. standard 18650 both AW BRAND from a reliable dealer like provape, also the pila charger from provape.
    That is my Two cents worth

8. naturecannon

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Provari charger is fine to purchase and reasonably priced considering the convenience?

I am usually near my truck so I don't think battery's will be an issue, but then again I dont want to have to worry about charging batterys half way thru the day. I am thinking mini because of pocket and toolbag convenience..... if I do decide to abuse it. I couldn't imagine bending over all day with a regular Provari and tank in pocket. Will try mini both with and without the extension to see how the batts last. How many batterys do you recommend I purchase of both the 18350 and 18490? I know mileage varies but whats an 18350 last on average? 2 hours with light to moderate vaping?? I am clueless here for sure.

I may even leave the Provari in the truck and vv3 in my pocket, just have a feeling that would last one day and the provari on me the next.

Provari mini clearence and the provari mini at regular price look identical but if you click each to compare the non-clearance says new design where as the clearance does not. Just a description discrepancy or is the inside hardware different?

Where is a reputable place to get the Kayfun and quality alike that is not a clone? In the US? Man I saw a video of the DRIPPER PRO, that thing looks SEXY on the Provari.

My big question is, ever get tired of pushing the buttons so many times to get to a setting?? My one concern.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

9. naturecannon

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Provari site says 18490 with extension. Typo on your end or .........

10. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I'm a pretty heavy vaper & with 1 Provari & 2 18490's I was set. I swapped batteries first thing in the morning when I got up at 1am (regardless if they needed changed or not) & again around 4 or 5pm (again, regardless if they needed to be changed or not). I had a 3rd battery in rotation as a fail-safe, always a good idea, but swapping on that schedule never failed me. Just make sure you have a battery case for the extra battery & you'll be good.

Now I have 2 Provaris, but still the same 3 batteries & I tend to check them more often, swapping them at 3.6v. I'm buying some more, but for assurance, not because I've ever run out early.

11. naturecannon

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Done........ well sort of........off to the next site for more odds and ends to go with the Provari.

[​IMG]

12. naturecannon

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Thanks again for all the help and valuable input folks :)

13. amp79423

amp79423 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    Lubbock, TX, USA
    You're on the right track with this good advice. I'd go for a kayfun lite or Russian as your topper, they're both around $100. I can see dripping at work as a major hassle for you. If you go the igo route for dripping, get the igo-w. It can be found for around $20 or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You're correct. The AW IMR's are 18350, 18490, and 18650. Sometimes 18490's are called 18490/18500.

The following battery combinations are possible:

Mini Provari
    18350 (default)
    18490 (Provape extension cap - or - 1 Tatroe extension ring)
    18650 (Provape extension cap - or - 2 Tatroe extension rings)

Standard Provari
    18490 (default)
    18650 (Provape extension cap)

[​IMG]

Standard Provari (default 18490) with Mini Provari with Tatroe extension ring and Tatroe wide extension cap.

[​IMG]

Mini Provari with 2 Tatroe extension rings and wide extension cap.

Both pics show beauty rings (pro rings) on top of the Provari's.

15. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2012
    United States
    So you get a mini with a 18650 extension cap and that would work? When I was ordering they only offered the 18490 extension with the mini.

16. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Provape offers one extension cap.
    When used on the mini an 18490 replaces the mini's usual 18350.
    When used on the standard size an 18650 replaces the usual 18490.

The other mini configuration (18350 to 18650) and wide base cap is by use of another manufactures rings and or base.

17. naturecannon

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Does the provari shut down or give warning at low battery level or do i have to monitor it to avoid draining to low?

18. pants-commander

pants-commander Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Ann Arbor
    the led button will blink when it's time to change batteries.

19. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
  20. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    You can also check the battery on the settings...click 11 times and you can check battery level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.