Noob Help with accessories for Volcano Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Inferno and I wanted to but some spare/different types of tanks, etc. for it, but I'm a little confused about compatibility of all the different options. I was told that the Inferno is an ego model yet I've read on here that ego accessories don't fit because it has 510 threading. Maybe there's a newbie post that could clear this up for me or perhaps some seasoned advice? Thanks for any help.

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
I have the Inferno and I wanted to but some spare/different types of tanks, etc. for it, but I'm a little confused about compatibility of all the different options. I was told that the Inferno is an ego model yet I've read on here that ego accessories don't fit because it has 510 threading. Maybe there's a newbie post that could clear this up for me or perhaps some seasoned advice? Thanks for any help.

U want 510 connection, or find a 510 to ego adapter and you'll be just fine. What are you looking for in particular?

V_Bear

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Illinois
I also have an Inferno setup, and I have found that most of the clearos and tanks I've bought (Vivi Nova, VapeOnly BCC Mega) don't' work really well with them due to their higher impedance (ohms). If you pick up something new, make sure it's in the 1.5 - 1.8 ohm range. Higher resistances will not work as well. The closer you can stay to 1.5ohms, the better IMO.

I bought a second Lava Tank for mine, and have also used the Vision Stardust-style clearos with it with good success.

U want 510 connection, or find a 510 to ego adapter and you'll be just fine. What are you looking for in particular?

Thanks for the adapter tip, it didn't occur to me to look for something like that.

I'm looking for something that will hold a bit more juice. I work long days and given my job, carrying juice around isn't the best option and I've found that I need to fill up again right when I get home. I picked up a spare tank at a B&M shop I found in downtown Sac that seems to do the trick but your adapter tip may solve the other issue I have which is that this sucker is big and bulky and frankly, draws unwanted attention while I'm working (I wear a uniform and drive a company vehicle). I have one on order along with some blank cartos to give myself a more discreet option. Cartos don't hold as much but the spares travel a lot better than bottled juice in my particular situation. Obliged.

I also have an Inferno setup, and I have found that most of the clearos and tanks I've bought (Vivi Nova, VapeOnly BCC Mega) don't' work really well with them due to their higher impedance (ohms). If you pick up something new, make sure it's in the 1.5 - 1.8 ohm range. Higher resistances will not work as well. The closer you can stay to 1.5ohms, the better IMO.

I bought a second Lava Tank for mine, and have also used the Vision Stardust-style clearos with it with good success.

Unfortunately I went to a B&M shop and picked up a Vivi Nova before I read your reply. Fortunately I did read your post and was able to see that the supposed "replacement" coil heads that were included were actually different Ohms ratings. Luckily the 1.8 was pre installed and I've been vaping with it for a day and I'm very happy with vapor production and taste. Throat hit seems to very with how I vape and what I vape, but not really a huge issue. I assume that is why you suggest I stay in that range. I say assume because I still have no idea what that means. I think it's because my battery doesn't put out enough voult for those high Ohms ratings??????? Anyways, I'll be looking for those Vision Stardust clearos, thanks.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
Thanks for the adapter tip, it didn't occur to me to look for something like that.

I'm looking for something that will hold a bit more juice. I work long days and given my job, carrying juice around isn't the best option and I've found that I need to fill up again right when I get home. I picked up a spare tank at a B&M shop I found in downtown Sac that seems to do the trick but your adapter tip may solve the other issue I have which is that this sucker is big and bulky and frankly, draws unwanted attention while I'm working (I wear a uniform and drive a company vehicle). I have one on order along with some blank cartos to give myself a more discreet option. Cartos don't hold as much but the spares travel a lot better than bottled juice in my particular situation. Obliged.
you already have the kit. volcano has the 7ml carto tank for sale on their site. i use 3.0 tank single coil cartos. good lifespan, and reliable vaping. matter of fact here it is on my Vamo still in use 66 days later Cn4JrVFFmKQh4Zf1Y215TeQh4kL7uSfxmk0-5CJk5-s.jpg

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
Thanks jfalbanese, their website made it sound like that would only work with the lavatube but I'm starting to get a sneaky suspicion most things are interchangeable to some degree or another.
most 510 thread atty's, and tanks fit my inferno pass thru. they have helped 2 people stop smoking now. not bad for an investment of 2 battery's, and a tank, which i paid forward to a friend when i upgraded to a mechanical. rock solid reliability, and great dealing with the people at volcano. fast shipping, and ample packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread