Noob question about different ecigs and battery types ("cigavette")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Hi All

i came across the "cigavette" e-cig, which looks quite nice.
it is of type KR-808. what does it mean? is this the battery type? if this is the same type as the v2, does it mean that i can use v2 cartridges for it, or use v2 accessories for it?

do you guys know this brand?

-guy

808 is the thread type. I started on a Volt which is an 808, but there is a limited system of manufacturers and users that use 808. A 510 is a much better and easily similar place to start, but it also has the benefit of if you choose to upgrade most of your stuff will still work.

The Volt was great for me for about 2 weeks and then I had to move on, but if you really like the 808 there are some 808 to 510 adapters so you can continue to use your 808 when you feel like you have to make the plunge.

Edit yes you can use all V2 and Smokeless image products with it.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

guy252

Apr 3, 2013
Israel
E Cigarette Super Starter pack | E-Cigarette Packs | Cigavette

This thing? One lousy battery and three cartomizers for $30???? :shock:

For that price you can get a decent starter kit with 2 batteries and a 5-pack of refillable cartomizers (and probably a small bottle of juice to refill them).

Run, don't walk!

Seriously, you don't want that. Another online ripoff.

thanks for the advice ;-) can please refer me to a decent one?

-guy

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Joyetech is a very good manufacturer. Do you want to stay with mini batteries (those that look like real cigarettes) or are you open to trying something a bit bigger, say, the size of an eGo battery? If so, I would recommend getting a variable voltage eGo-class battery (like Twist or Spinner) and a couple of Kanger bottom coil changeable clearomizers.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Well, if you're in Israel, where do you normally shop for your e-cigs? I know good vendors here, but it may be expensive to ship overseas.

There are good vendors in Europe, but I'm not very familiar with them.

I'm guessing he doesn't normally shop for ecigs anywhere. Sounds like a brand new user to me. He found a "deal" and wanted to know if it was a good one. I have no experience outside of NA, but recommend him a better deal before he bites on that.

Edit: I can't type fast enough and I missed part of the conversation.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm guessing he doesn't normally shop for ecigs anywhere. Sounds like a brand new user to me. He found a "deal" and wanted to know if it was a good one. I have no experience outside of NA, but recommend him a better deal before he bites on that.

Edit: I can't type fast enough and I missed part of the conversation.

oops--I missed your post above mine... :facepalm:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
we have some online stores that mostly sell joyetech. im currently using e-roll, but want to buy another one (will have to be from an overseas store...).

Would that be too big for you?

f596ba02-615f-42b9-9d9f-9df40d756b53_zps08da7ebd.jpg

guy252

Apr 3, 2013
Israel
I'm guessing he doesn't normally shop for ecigs anywhere. Sounds like a brand new user to me. He found a "deal" and wanted to know if it was a good one.

you are 100% right :) i dont usually shop for e-cigs. currently using the eroll and also tried the egoc (from a friend). there is no real variety of brands here, only saw joyetech, and im looking for a mini e-cig, one that looks like a real cigarette besides the e-roll.

thanks for the help :)
-guy

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Would that be too big for you?

f596ba02-615f-42b9-9d9f-9df40d756b53_zps08da7ebd.jpg

That looks awfully similar to mine, part of it is getting over the look and the perceived persecution of it. Once that hurdle is broken you don't care what it looks like. I have a wide variety of batteries, from the Ego C 300 to the 100 twist and now I just don't care what it looks like, but we all start somewhere so I would guess a 6500 with a Vivi 2.0 with a tasteful spacer is right up his alley or a small tank Kanger on the same battery.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
for $40 you could start here ElectronicStix.Com · Kanger EVOD 650mAh Starter Kit This kit comes with two set-ups (2 batteries and two clearomizers). Just add whatever e-liquid (juice) you want. Once you find a flavor you like, you can order larger quantities of juice. The double setup allows you to try 2 juice flavors at once and to have a battery charging while you're using one.

For $25 this one eGo/Starter Kits & Accessories and add in the juice.

Those are just a couple of better options, not necessarily the best or the best value. Look around for something similar. There are a lot of internet stores selling these things and you might catch them on sale. Somewhere here on the forums there may be a review of these items.

Old boss told me one time, PLAN FOR SUCCESS ... would hate for you to go back to analogs because of a substandard kit.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well, if you didn't like the eGo, then your other choice would be a 510 kit--510 batteries with Boge or Smoktech single-coil cartomizers or Nano clearomizers. But honestly, from what I hear, your eRoll is a better battery than the 510 or the kr808.

Like Kagey said, mini batteries are not the best. You can try the Volt from Smokeless Image--but that's a kr808 connection. Or Bloog or G6 from Halo--they are all the same.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Quality and price.

Your Cigavette sells cartomizers for 15 or 16 dollars for a 5-pack. That's absurd--twice as much as other brands. I don't know anything about their quality because I've never used them. Are you sure they are kr808D-1 threaded? some of those online deals are kr808D-2 threaded.

That said, if they are having a 50% off sale and you're curious, got ahead! Order some--just make sure you're not getting any of those deals when they sign you up for automatic shipments every month or so--that is going to be a nightmare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread