Noob reviews TFA RY4D, NN Patchouli Vanilla and Blueberry Mojito

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased some nic base, VG, and Patchouli Vanilla flavor from Nude Nicotine and they threw in a free ml bottle of their Blueberry Mojito. I also got some RY4D from TFA. I have played around with all of that enough to share my impressions, FWIW, bearing in mind I am pretty new to vaping, so my tastes and descriptions are not as developed as some folks. All of my mixes are 33 mg/ml, 10% or less PG, about 80% VG, and the rest flavoring and water. Each photo shows the bottle of flavoring next to a batch of mixed juice.

First the Blueberry Mojito: photo shows a small batch at 3% mixed 3 days ago.
0817141804.jpg
I have not liked any fruit flavors I have tried, so I had low expectations for this. I finally got around to mixing some at 3%, and I am pleasantly surprised. It tastes much less cloying and artificial than the other fruit flavors I have tried. The blueberry comes across well, and whatever else is in there is subtle. It is mildly sweet.

Next up, the RY4D: this photo shows a batch at 8% after 3 and a half weeks.
0817141802.jpg

This one is pretty sweet for me; not too sweet to use, but I would not like it any sweeter. The flavor is pretty subtle, and reminds more of pancake syrup than anything else. It is a pleasant vape and I have been using it regularly, but I was looking for something with more punch when I bought it. I have a feeling this will be good mixed with other flavors, since it is pretty subtle except for the sweetness.

Finally, the Patchouli Vanilla: this 3% batch was heat steeped at 130 deg. F for 3 hours and then sat around for 2 weeks.
0817141803a.jpg

This one is complex and not easy to describe. At first mix, it has a strong piney and peppery taste and aroma, which I attribute to the Patchouli, and the vanilla is not noticeable. With heating and some time, the vanilla became quite noticeable, but the Patchouli still seemed pretty strong to me. So I let it breathe overnight, and now I like it a lot. It has just a touch of sweetness. The Patchouli gives it an aromatic quality that reminds me of the smell of freshly ground Szechuan peppercorns, but the taste is not strong, which allows the vanilla to come across nicely. This one does have some punch to it, and might be useful for people looking to make tobacco substitute flavors. I am going to try mixing some of this with the RY4D and see what happens, but I will have to play around with concentrations a bit before I can have much to say about that.

All in all, so far so good. I am using Kanger T3S clearos with a 1.8 ohm coil and a fixed voltage eGo battery, and none of these gunk up the coils too badly. Any suggestions are appreciated, and I will do what I can to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread