The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Noob so overwhelmed by it all!!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by SweetTater725, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SweetTater725

SweetTater725 Full Member Verified Member

Mar 23, 2013
    North MS.
    Wow, I didn't realize there would be so much info that would make my head spin!!! Here's the deal...

Bought my "
    blu" e-cig on 3/10/13, haven't smoke an analog since 3/12/13.....wooohooo!! Of course I know there are a zillion brands to choose from. But here's the thing.... I'm not 100% happy with it. For 1 the cost of the refills, 2 the limited flavors, 3 the "eh" amount of vapor. From what little I have seen in reviews (some via youtube) I'm thinking I would like a device between the size of an analog & cigar, with a see-thru juice tank that will provide a good amount of vapor. Anyone up for the task of helping a noob get it all figured out?
    :blush:

2. BlackChad

BlackChad Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2011
    Back In Mesa
    ego-twist and kanger t3

3. Vash

Vash Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2012
  4. Cyric

Cyric Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2012
    Louisville, Ky
    I use smokeless image for all of my starter gear, it's great, fast shipping and good customer service.

use Coupon Code Voltsave at checkout for about 16% off unless it's changed

2 X2 Batteries in Rotation so you always have one charged, Either 900, or 650 maH (Battery Size and Life)
    Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

order either T3's or Clearo's

Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | T3 - X2 Clearomizer 808D

I would get atleast 2 or more, I ended up going with 2 then ordered 5 more Bottom Coils
    The T3's are nice in that you can just change out the heads for 2.99 when they go bad

As far as liquid goes there are various places.

My two primary vendors for Liquid are
    Purevapes.com - I know the guy who owns it and hes close
    Avejuice.com - Love me some Boba's Bounty

Pure vapes you can request what VG/PG you would like
    Ave is as close to 100% VG as he can get it for flavors.

5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    2 Batteries, 1 Charger, and a USB/Wall Adaptor

spinnerbattery.jpg
    Vision eGo Spinner or Joyetech eGo Twist variable voltage batteries.

eGocharger.jpg [​IMG]
    Appropriate eGo charger and possibly a USB/wall unit to provide the option to charge away from a computer port.

Juice Delivery Devices: ​I recommend getting two types to try.

single coil cartomizers.jpg
    A (5) pack of single coil cartomizers at 2.5-3.0 ohm resistance. You'll also need at least one drip tip (mouth piece) to put on the end of these.

clearomizers.jpg

A couple of clearomizers (Vision or Kanger T3) to try, or...

MiniViviNova.jpg

A Vision Mini Vivi Nova tank to try.

*All the above can be found at Altsmoke. AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Your one stop shop!

* Disclaimer: I provide the vendor's link only as a suggested retailer. A potential buyer can choose who and where to purchase their items wherever they wish. I have no affiliation with the suggested vendor, however they are a popular and reputable e-cig business used by many ECF members.

Juice, or e-liquid:

For e-liquid, a typical 1 pack-per-day smoker likely will need 18-24 mg nicotine.

Figure on consuming 3-5 ml of liquid daily.

I created a small Picture-Dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices. To gain knowledge of how these devices look and differ from one another click on the link below:

Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3230-1-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

The following Tutorial applies to either the Spinner or Twist eGo batteries:

6. rotku

rotku Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 4, 2012
    columbus, oh
    Hi SweetTater, It is overwhelming. All the choices. Congrats on moving away from the stinkies. The simple explanation is..... really no simple explanation but let's try. Three parts.. 1) power source 2) delivery device 3) e-liquid. That simplifies things a bit. Starting with the power source I would suggest an eGo Twist or Spinner. It will give plenty of vape time and the ability to control voltage. They are inexpensive and durable. 2) delivery device, I would suggest something productive and trouble free like the Kanger T-2 or T-3 or the Vision CE5 or ViviNova. 3) e-liquid, for that I suggest you examine the part of the forum dedicated to reviews so you can see what you might like. I suggest sampler packs from different vendors to find what suits you. Of course, your best move is to ask questions just like you are doing. good Luck.

7. needa

needa Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    hendersonville, tn
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/395926-please-help-me-put-together-kit-please.html

this is the post i used to get my info. 5h2xt i think will give you ten percent on the myvaporstore site. its on teh first page near the bottom. the kit @will posted is the one i bought. you will also need spare atmoizers. Ego Cartomizers

three bucks if for the t3. a buck fifty for the evod (if you go that rout after reading the first link i posted). these things last a week or two from what i gather. so make sure you have a couple of spares so you dont have to run and buy smokes.

best of luck to you.... and me.

8. rotku

rotku Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 4, 2012
    columbus, oh
    Baditude, quicker on the draw. +1

9. SirSteve

SirSteve Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The Vision spinner is a nice unit, and Baditude has suggested some very good equipment. I know I am an outcast, but I also like the T2 from Kanger. myvaporstore also has a kit that you can that gives you a choice of spinner/twist and delivery systems, might be worth looking at. Altsmoke is a great vendor, done business with them before and would not hesitate to use or recommend them.

As for juice, I really don't know, only bought two bottles before I ventured into diy, but I would recommend getting small samples to find some you like. Rotating what juice you use also helps to keep things interesting.

10. SweetTater725

SweetTater725 Full Member Verified Member

Mar 23, 2013
    North MS.
    Thank You ALL, so much for your quick informational replies!!! It's very much appreciated!! :toast:

11. StevesCVO

StevesCVO Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2013
    Clown School
    Once again, Bad to the rescue. I think he has this saved so he can copy and paste :lol:

12. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    It's on my blog. :D

Would be so much easier if Old Soldier would allow some of the blog articles to be sticky'd.

13. qgarcia

qgarcia Full Member

Feb 14, 2013
    United States
    just lay down a little cash and you will be much happier, especially if you plan on sticking with it. go for a vamo and any carto tank or a lavatube version 2 starter kit that is what i got after wasting 200 plus on cheap ego style units and i wish someone would have given me that advice early on

14. Offday

Offday Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2013
    Inland Empire
    Yes I've always attested to fact that the only problem is that's..there simply too many options. Best advice I can give is go to taste your juice and watch all pbusardo's device reviews. Then visit grimmgreen industries and watch all of Nick's reviews. Then if you see something you like? Watch even more reviews on the device.
    Both Phil and Nick really helped steer me in the right direction on what would be maybe best for me.....

15. bg_rocks

bg_rocks Full Member Verified Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Virginia USA
    I would really recommend you going with joyetech ego-c upgrade battery and vision rebuildable clearomizer. Why joytech upgrade battery... simply because the button changes color depending on your battery charge. Very useful for people who have no idea yet how long the battery will last. and vision clearomizer because well i know there are 100's out there but those last for ever if you take care of them and gives you very good flavor.

16. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    I'm gonna start copy and pasting it for him xD

17. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    uhhh did you buy 10 ego batteries?
    because they should only be like $20 each

Thread Status: