Noob - what do I do next?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth11

Feb 10, 2009
Leicester UK
Hi,
I'm a new vaper in the UK. My first and currently only e-cig is the Gamucci Micro. I've seen Igetcha's review of that on here and it is quite funny how rubbish it seems and I agree on the lack of vapour. Until I came on here, Gamucci was the one that looked flashy and thought some of the sites where only numbers were the product name, looked a bit unprofessional and lame so couldn't possibly be selling quality gear. How wrong could I have been?!
When I first got my Gamucci, I didn't like it much. Could only see the vapour if I didn't breathe it in, nothing on the exhale. And it felt like smoking a really really light cig, even though I have the high cartridges. I am encouraged by reading on here that I can get higher strength e-juice but I'm not 100% sure I need that.

I am a light smoker - between 4 and 10 a day max. But I smoke Marlboro Reds (preferred to smoke the Mediums but then couldn't buy them here so had to go back to Reds - really don't like lights)! Which means that I like a nice throat hit and a good nicotine hit. I may not smoke often in the day, but when I do, I like it good! If that makes sense.

My question is, do I stick with my Gamucci (which I've now learnt to vape so it actually does puff some vapour out on the exhale, although not much, but still doesn't give me the hit I'm looking for) and just by some e-juice to try, or do I purchase one of the alternatives? Being in the UK I think my main choices are DSE901 and Intellicig Evo.

Which juice would I be best off starting with? I saw the sample packs that e-cigs.co.uk sell, which I would certainly buy to try different flavours, but they're out of stock and it's as much the strength as the taste I'm after. I'm a Marlboro smoker through and through, was never one to like other brands. I don't like Marlboro Gold (lights) though - not the taste, just the feeling of smoking them. No hit, see. Any advice on strength to choose? Obviously don't wanna OD! Also, which brand\flavour has the closest taste to Marlboro Red?

Oh yes, also, does anyone know why there's such a difference in price between the DSE901s on sale over here? Range from £29.99 to £39.99 and all from dealers who are on this forum. Very confusing I can tell you!

Sorry for the diatribe, I've been thinking alot about this lately and I want to purchase sooner rather than later. I wanna give up these "analogues" as you lot call them and I just can't with this Gamucci and the carts I have with it....

thanks in advance...

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Ruth, welcome to the forum.

If you smoke 10x 1mg of nicotine per day then you might want to look at trying low nicotine eliquid, that should replace what you are used to. An occasional couple of drops of high could also be good if you get cravings and want a bigger spike. Generally it makes most sense to start low and raise the dose gradually if necessary. Eliquid nicotine can be very potent so please be careful and don't be one of our members with an overdose story.

I think you should give up on the Gamucci, it's not a good device. M401s, Evos, Joye510s and DSE901s are all worth looking at.

To start with you'll need at least 2x atomisers, 2x batteries, charger, 10x cartridges and a couple of bottles of eliquid or a tester pack.

ruth11

Feb 10, 2009
Leicester UK
Hi Ruth, welcome to the forum.

If you smoke 10x 1mg of nicotine per day then you might want to look at trying low nicotine eliquid, that should replace what you are used to. An occasional couple of drops of high could also be good if you get cravings and want a bigger spike. Generally it makes most sense to start low and raise the dose gradually if necessary. Eliquid nicotine can be very potent so please be careful and don't be one of our members with an overdose story.

I think you should give up on the Gamucci, it's not a good device. M401s, Evos, Joye510s and DSE901s are all worth looking at.

To start with you'll need at least 2x atomisers, 2x batteries, charger, 10x cartridges and a couple of bottles of eliquid or a tester pack.

Thanks Kate
M401 - which one is that? Also, what's the Joye510?
Can we buy these in the UK?

I'd like to try a sample pack of e-liquids but the only place I've seen even listing them on their site in the UK, doesn't actually have any in stock! Is there somewhere I'm not looking? Or should I be looking outside of the UK?

Thanks again

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
The Pilot (Puresmoker - US only) and Evo - Electronic Cigarettes, Electric Cigarette, E Liquid, Alternative Smoking are souped up M401s. The Joye510 is also known as the Janty Dura and the Titan - The Electronic Cigarette Company (UK) Ltd. - SHOP - KITS > TECC.510 TITAN E.CIG

This is a good seller but based in Holland - LITECIG They have 901s, 510s and 401s all with six month guarantees at very competitive prices.

This is a great UK seller but quite often is out of stock, they sometimes have sample packs of eliquid - E-Cigs.co.uk, Online Store

Another good UK seller for the 510/Dura and yummy Janty eliquid - JANTY DURA

ruth11

Feb 10, 2009
Leicester UK
Yes, thanks Kate. I was almost certain to go for a 901 and then at the last moment changed my mind and just purchased an Evo from intellicig! The size of it was one of the reasons - and obviously the good reviews. I reckon the Dura\Titan might be an upgrade purchase at a later date if I get on ok with the Evo.
Now I just have to find me some juice! Still no real idea what flavour or strength to go for. Initially I'd like to get a similar hit and taste to my Marlboro Reds - I won't be constantly vaping like some of the people on here seem to be, I can't see me doing it any more often than I smoke a normal cigarette - which when I'm at home and not in the pub, is only about 4-5 times a day. But when I do it, I want the hit, to know that I've done it. I hope that makes sense.
Any advice on this gratefully received!
Thanks

giamarisa

Mar 7, 2009
Thanks Kate
M401 - which one is that? Also, what's the Joye510?
Can we buy these in the UK?

I'd like to try a sample pack of e-liquids but the only place I've seen even listing them on their site in the UK, doesn't actually have any in stock! Is there somewhere I'm not looking? Or should I be looking outside of the UK?

Thanks again

I would suggest going to puresmoker.com They carry the pilot "hybrid" m401 also it may not be your ecig. I've heard from research that the vapor has a lot to do with the juice you use as well as the ecig. Puresmoker seems to be the best place to deal with all the way around. I just got the pilot and am waiting for the battery to charge it has to charge 12 hrs initially. I got lots of different juices from there and also smoke marlboro reds. I will let you know what is good. But I heard everybody loves risky and I tried my brothers whos been vaping for a few months now and it was good. He has the classic pen style from puresmoker. Good luck I have about 2 hrs left to try my pilot m401:D

giamarisa

Mar 7, 2009
I would suggest going to puresmoker.com They carry the pilot "hybrid" m401 also it may not be your ecig. I've heard from research that the vapor has a lot to do with the juice you use as well as the ecig. Puresmoker seems to be the best place to deal with all the way around. I just got the pilot and am waiting for the battery to charge it has to charge 12 hrs initially. I got lots of different juices from there and also smoke marlboro reds. I will let you know what is good. But I heard everybody loves risky and I tried my brothers whos been vaping for a few months now and it was good. He has the classic pen style from puresmoker. Good luck I have about 2 hrs left to try my pilot m401:D
Puresmoker also has a nice little variety pack of juice.

Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Orlando, Florida
liquids from Steve (puresmoker) are really nice.

I do not think you will be able to find liquid that taste like a marlboro red. After all its impossible to get a flavor that taste like tobacco plus chemicals and burning paper.

If you do order from Steve, i would suggest the Riskee yuice. I only have the 16 mg one and that hits really good and produces enormous vapor for me even with my crappy generic ecig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread