RDA (noob) what type of coil do I use for my mechanical mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
..and the guy that started the thread must be laughing his a** off looking at you fighting over a question that has been asked countless times, and for which there's a countless amount of videos on youtube :)

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
You know I was just thinking the same thing. The op is either laughing his ... off or not paying attention at all.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
If your coil is sluggish, lower the mass while keeping the resistance the same. Clapton and twisted raise the mass (naked will have the lowest mass for a given resistance), switching the wire composition will change the mass: kanthal, nichrome, or stainless steel (highest to lowest mass for a given resistance), lastly coil dimensions (gauge, coil diameter, and the number of wraps) are the other vairables that influence coil mass (fewer wraps of of higher guage wire can have the same resistance with less mass).

Too low coil mass can be an issue too (wick scorching/wispy vape), but rarely an issue with beginners.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
...Too low coil mass can be an issue too (wick scorching/wispy vape), but rarely an issue with beginners.

Good point. Insufficient coil wire mass for the capacity in air and juice flow of the tank and some tend to bump up power to achieve performance (with a variable). No workee. You get diffusion or a dry output (lower vaporization rate and a lot of dispersion). What many found to be the case with the original factory OCC's.

Ya gotta give the creature what it needs. :D

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread