Noobish AGA-T question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
So I have my new Aga-t+ with glass tank. Yea!

I have done a simple silica wick last night...high ohms (3.3ish )...sore throat this morning. First time I've had throat issues (fearing it was the silica as it looked shredded near the coils)

Was going to wrap a SS wick today, but wanted to ask first:
What is the best way for a chain vapor to wich an AGA-T?

Wick? SS? Can you run a silica through SS?

My only materials at the moment are:
Small SS that came with AGA-t
About 2 ft of 3-ish wick
some Kanthal 36
and some Kanthal 34

Is there a build write up or video with my sub-par materials that I can use I have been watching countless videos.

Oh and I vape on a vamo typically so the sub 1.2 stuff is out even if I had 28 Kanthal.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some advice and for their time!

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
So I have my new Aga-t+ with glass tank. Yea!

I have done a simple silica wick last night...high ohms (3.3ish )...sore throat this morning. First time I've had throat issues (fearing it was the silica as it looked shredded near the coils)

Was going to wrap a SS wick today, but wanted to ask first:
What is the best way for a chain vapor to wich an AGA-T?

My only materials at the moment are:
Small SS that came with AGA-t
About 2 ft of 3-ish wick
some Kanthal 36
and some Kanthal 34

Is there a build write up or video with my sub-par materials that I can use I have been watching countless videos.

Oh and I vape on a vamo typically so the sub 1.2 stuff is out even if I had 28 Kanthal.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some advice and for their time!

What is the best way for a chain vapor to switch to an AGA-T?
easy, by chain vaping an AGA-T :)

you can wrap ss around silica if you wish. I like to use 32g kanthal to build a 2ohm'ish coil

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
What is the best way for a chain vapor to switch to an AGA-T?
easy, by chain vaping an AGA-T :)

you can wrap ss around silica if you wish. I like to use 32g kanthal to build a 2ohm'ish coil

Does SS around silica wick better? I'm seeing alot of wick fray around my coils. I'm afraid that is where my sore throat is coming from. (Silica porcupine in my throat?) I use wicks in Vision VV's and Evods etc and have NEVER had any throat discomfort.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I've never had to wrap fabric inside of my SS wicks. I've used #400 & #500 solid wick (no central tube), I prefer the #500 as I did get a few dry hits with the #400.

But with these #500 wicks I can vape it all the way to the bottom, full on genesis tilt isn't necessary (but I do it as I've naturalized to it).

HandbananA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
USA, Florida
Does SS around silica wick better? I'm seeing alot of wick fray around my coils. I'm afraid that is where my sore throat is coming from. (Silica porcupine in my throat?) I use wicks in Vision VV's and Evods etc and have NEVER had any throat discomfort.

It may be the silica, I havent used silica with my aga yet. When i use the vision clearomizers with silica i can feel a bit of throat irritation(or I could be imagining it) When I got my ce4+ clearomizer I ripped out the silica and replaced it with cotton and I tried it with SS. Recently I tried it with the silica and that's when I felt a little something in my throat but my throat never got sore.

One big thing I noticed about rebuildables is that you get a much denser vape than with cartomizers so maybe that coupled with nic level is what your issue is. I heard some people say that they can go down in nic due to genesis style stomizers throat hit.

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
It may be the silica, I havent used silica with my aga yet. When i use the vision clearomizers with silica i can feel a bit of throat irritation(or I could be imagining it) When I got my ce4+ clearomizer I ripped out the silica and replaced it with cotton and I tried it with SS. Recently I tried it with the silica and that's when I felt a little something in my throat but my throat never got sore.

One big thing I noticed about rebuildables is that you get a much denser vape than with cartomizers so maybe that coupled with nic level is what your issue is. I heard some people say that they can go down in nic due to genesis style stomizers throat hit.

I vape at 6 and 0 mg....I don't think it is the nicotine. I used to smoke reds and special blends pack or more a day. I have myself down to to almost 0 nicotine in three weeks. (Yea!)

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
I've never had to wrap fabric inside of my SS wicks. I've used #400 & #500 solid wick (no central tube), I prefer the #500 as I did get a few dry hits with the #400.

But with these #500 wicks I can vape it all the way to the bottom, full on genesis tilt isn't necessary (but I do it as I've naturalized to it).
Thanks! Love the name and photo.
"A word to the wise is infuriating!" lol Love HST

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
500 ss mesh is the best wick material you can use for a genesis at the moment. Porous stone has gotten mixed reviews.

Roll a solid, no center hole wick with the 500.

As for wire, 34 and 36 are both way to thin, they will give too much resistance, not to mention popping easily. I suggest getting some kanthal 30.

I set up my AGA-T+ with 500 mesh solid wick and 30 kanthal last night. I chain vape, and by that i mean 1 second between hits. The thing still vapes like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread