Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hi, I’m pretty new to vaping,
Was laying in bed on Sunday and my nord vape just fired up by itself on my bedside cabinet. I took the top off and tried my girlfriends in mine and it did the same so I know it’s the unit and not the top or the coil..... does this make sense and can anyone help???
Welcome and glad you joined.
SMOK --->SMOKTech
Phone: (704) 696-8900.
Support: SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience
email: support@smoktech.com
ECF Smok dealer: VapeSourcing Vapesourcing
Vape Shop Online E-Cigarette & E-liquid Best For Sale
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/verashu.262193/#profile-post-71627
Why a bad rap?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
The only thing I ever had by Smok shorted when I plugged it into the charger. Good thing it happened right then, while I was there to unplug it. I hear good things about some of their tanks, but I won’t buy any on principle. Plenty of other companies make tanks that also can make mods that don’t try to set the house on fire. I really don’t think it’s too much to ask that their quality is at least good enough for them not to short almost right out of the box.

I hope you can get your money back, and get something else. Anything else.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
hi, I’m pretty new to vaping,

Was laying in bed on Sunday and my nord vape just fired up by itself on my bedside cabinet. I took the top off and tried my girlfriends in mine and it did the same so I know it’s the unit and not the top or the coil..... does this make sense and can anyone help???
Listen to BrotherBob and shelve it in the mean time. Not worth risking fire or worse

Reactions: BrotherBob

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Luke Tivey, first thing is to see if you can get your money back or bin it. Second thing is to order or buy anything else like the Smoant Pastio or whatever takes your fancy.

As lithium ion batteries and a faulty mod are a recipe for disaster, @Baditude can you post that SMOK pen/stick mod going up whilst being charged. Just so that the OP gets an idea of just how dangerous this is, thank you.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As lithium ion batteries and a faulty mod are a recipe for disaster, @Baditude can you post that SMOK pen/stick mod going up whilst being charged. Just so that the OP gets an idea of just how dangerous this is, thank you.
Explosion occurs about 20 seconds into this security cam video. Focus your attention to the opening between the living room and kitchen. Always charge batteries while at home and on a flame resistant surface.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
The only thing I ever had by Smok shorted when I plugged it into the charger. Good thing it happened right then, while I was there to unplug it. I hear good things about some of their tanks, but I won’t buy any on principle. Plenty of other companies make tanks that also can make mods that don’t try to set the house on fire. I really don’t think it’s too much to ask that their quality is at least good enough for them not to short almost right out of the box.

I hope you can get your money back, and get something else. Anything else.
I have one old tank from SMOK that I got on sale and bought a bunch of the RBA heads to future proof myself just in case. So it is in my stockpile and as a super emergency back-up. That's it. I would not buy any of their mods or anything else from them. I've read some not so great stuff here and even seen some photos of destroyed SMOK mods. I agree with @DeloresRose --- plenty of other companies to choose from.

Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread